Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sanchez looked disgusted going off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Jose brought the wrong bus today :D

1394296184540179016.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Should a player ever look happy to be substituted? I don't get it.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

bangkok wrote: »

Directly involved in all 3 goals, still 9 mins of official time left. I think he thought he could get one himself

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

1 goal and 3 assists in his last 2 games. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Last year I had to listen to all the **** about how United can't beat top 6 sides. This year we have beaten City, Pool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea. I was told that we never come back from being behind and had only done it once in X amount of games. If today teaches us anything, it's to not take those anomalous stats seriously and watch the progress. We were ****e first half. We improved second half immeasurably, which has been a staple of our start to 2018.

Drumpot wrote: »
    A 96th minute equalizer from Pogba would be superb.

I know we want to win but I would love if they were celebrating the league title and we snatched it in the last minute! Leave them totally flat for the pool game!

Nearly :D,

• OMG the gloating going on in the pub, you want to see the place after the second half :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah lads that was something special. Got to watch most of the 2nd half at work.. ****ing delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Seems most people think Young on Agüero was a definite penalty and red?
    Looked a really unfortunate bounce off the ball up onto Agüero’s leg. He didn’t go in really high or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looked a really unfortunate bounce off the ball up onto Agüero’s leg. He didn’t go in really high or anything.

Ah it was a reckless challenge, who cares though, City put in plenty of dirty challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Did ye not see aguero’s leg bending from the tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

shane. wrote: »

na that was just smoke and mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Headshot wrote: »
    na that was just smoke and mirrors

No smoke, no mirrors, just a penalty........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

City displayed all the hallmarks of a guardiola team there toward the end didn't they, how many of them were booked in the end?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nope Ref was spot on, nothing to see here folks move along

City displayed all the hallmarks of a guardiola team there toward the end didn't they, how many of them were booked in the end?

Im surprise they didnt turn on the sprinklers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Watching The Masters, MOTD on in just under an hour and I’m stuffing myself with so much chocolate I’m starting to feel ill.

Life is good.

• Advertisement

Oh M!Ck^, never change :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Feel he got the ball point blank against aguero and it popped out the off aguero, but still a wreck less race that took a lot of the man so if it was given as a penalty I'd have felt it the right decision..

Yeah but it looked a complete accident to me. His foot bounced up off the ball onto hiis leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot_20180407-213844_Instagram.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

M!Ck^ & Business Cat, both your replies in the match thread, stellar work, stellar work indeed lads.

Feel he got the ball point blank against aguero and it popped out the off aguero, but still a wreck less race that took a lot of the man so if it was given as a penalty I'd have felt it the right decision..

Yeah I can see how it could easily have been given but I would think him unlucky.
    He didn’t go in high at all and got there easily before him.

447603.jpeg

Yeah I can see how it could easily have been given but I would think him unlucky.
    He didn’t go in high at all.

447603.jpeg

Going by that, Aguero looks high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He didn’t go in high at all and got there easily before him.

447603.jpeg

Kinda looked high after he won the ball tbh. Need to see it again though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Headshot wrote: »
    Im surprise they didnt turn on the sprinklers

The fans that stuck around provided the sprinklers.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Kinda looked high after he won the ball tbh. Need to see it again though.

Not disputing that at all. His leg bounced up off the ball.

• Great tackle from Young

Get in lad

I totally agree with you it was 100 percent a penalty........ city were really hard done by I was fuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

United were 100/1 to beat city at half time, hope the bookies lost a shedload

DM_7 wrote: »
    The fans that stuck around provided the sprinklers.

Ba dum tss

Abnormally high levels of testosterone would make anyone angry tbd to them ;)

• Advertisement

That match thread though. We may very well win nothing this season but the change of tune over two hours was class.

I know we will go out and stroll around against West Brom next weekend :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    That match thread though. We may very well win nothing this season but the change of tune over two hours was class.

I know we will go out and stroll around against West Brom next weekend :(

Derby days are always worth it, what ever the position of the table may be. Doing it on their patch after our first half display is even sweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So since we've now gained some points on City, does that mean they might not be able to win it next week granted we defeat West Brom or does a win against Spurs for them still clinch it.

It's inevitable I know but the longer we poop their party the better haha :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Scarlett+Johannson.gif

Show your colors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wtf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So since we've now gained some points on City, does that mean they might not be able to win it next week granted we defeat West Brom or does a win against Spurs for them still clinch it.

It's inevitable I know but the longer we poop their party the better haha :D:P

Yeap. We win vs awest Brom and then they need two wins to clinch the title.

Nalz wrote: »
    Wtf

Dunno but I like it.

• That's quite possible the best gif ever

Thought jose's interview after the match was brilliant, humble to city after a derby match and never let the questions focus on one player, but answered the questions shreeves didnt ask like our cb duo fratalities in the first half.
    Think shreeves is horrible at those post match interviews. Nothing insightful, doesn't ask the right questions and sounds like someone who just watches highlights of a game when interviewing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A result and (second half) performance to be proud of today. Worrying how poor we looked in the first half after a positive enough start, but the players showed real fight and character to recover. Hopefully we'll see that more often and hopefully it's a sign of things to come for next season. We have the players to hurt any side we come up against when we have the right attitude and gameplan.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Thought jose's interview after the match was brilliant, humble to city after a derby match and never let the questions focus on one player, but answered the questions shreeves didnt ask like our cb duo fratalities in the first half.
    Think shreeves is horrible at those post match interviews. Nothing insightful, doesn't ask the right questions and sounds like someone who just watches highlights of a game when interviewing

To be fair to shreeves he probably has the hardest job of all tv. Imagine having to do them interview as and ask same stupid questions over and over again and he probably hates most of the people.

AidoEirE wrote: »

Paraphrasing...
    “Chris it must be satisfying to make up for the mistakes you made here before, including the one in the first half where you let Kompany go”

Such a dickish way of interviewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I know it makes sense to want Spurs to drop points v City so we can secure 2nd more easily, but I would love Spurs to get something from the match. A few more dropped points would take a bit of the gloss off City and perhaps take the edge off the (at times) hyperbole. Sometimes they have been fantastic this season but I don't think you can talk about them being one of the greatest ever teams yet like many have.

Would love us to finish out the season with 6 wins - all matches are very possible to get max points from, and if we managed it it would be a decent points total.

• Where is Bangkok?

Come on lad, come out and tell me how good city are please :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement