Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MOTD time folks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

that ball by Sanchez to Herrera's chest was just sublime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

jayo26 wrote: »
    To be fair to shreeves he probably has the hardest job of all tv. Imagine having to do them interview as and ask same stupid questions over and over again and he probably hates most of the people.

Hate them or not it's his job, and its a way to get some great responses from managers if the right queations are asked. Its almost generic every match he does.
    Not sure if you watch The Debate on sky sports but he's not great on that either.
    If he's a football man and geta a birds eye view every game he attends his questions could be better.

Forget the interviewers name but the guy that drilled martin o'neill after the defeat to denmark was done right and MoN got defensive because he didnt like the questions and wasnt part of the script

Anyway i ramble

the absolute difference it makes to the team to have someone that can cross the ball..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lol at Pep just after the Young tackle, he jumped out of his chair, nearly slipped, then tried to act all nonchalant.

:D

Looks like pep was apologising and pogba saying thank you

I still get a chuckle every time I hear Moss Smalling speak.

Jose bang on the money there with his closing comments.

Jose bang on the money there with his closing comments.

Its twice he's said that, said the same thing to shreeves on sky sports

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    the absolute difference it makes to the team to have someone that can cross the ball..

And people moving into the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't see what the problem is with young tackle to be honest If it was crouch instead of aguero he would of caught his ankle not his knee.

I knew well they wouldnt show the fernandinho lash out...

I don't see what the problem is with young tackle to be honest If it was crouch instead of aguero he would of caught his ankle not his knee.

It was reckless and he was not in control, very very fortunate he was imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

100% penalty and red card I hate to say. Both feet off the ground and over the top of the ball on to Aguero's shin.

You have to be in control of your tackle. Young wasn't and that's how he nearly injures Aguero badly.

Still though, some win :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The lack of control and type of tackle could be a leg breaker.

The effectively banned tackles from behind but we see this type of flying tackle alot from the front now.

In basketball they have the flagrant foul, in Rugby they have penalties for high collisons regardless of an intent and I can see a rule arriving in football some day soon to protect players even more.

• Advertisement

Sorry my sarcasim wasnt clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Hate them or not it's his job, and its a way to get some great responses from managers if the right queations are asked. Its almost generic every match he does.
    Not sure if you watch The Debate on sky sports but he's not great on that either.
    If he's a football man and geta a birds eye view every game he attends his questions could be better.

Forget the interviewers name but the guy that drilled martin o'neill after the defeat to denmark was done right and MoN got defensive because he didnt like the questions and wasnt part of the script

Anyway i ramble

RTÉ's Tony O'Donoghue is the interviewer whose name you're forgetting.

City middle third fouling very effective. Jose was pointing it out to 4th official during first half. Sane and Danilo got away with a number of cynical fouls to stop Utd transitioning from defence to attack. Ideal spot to foul as you don't get as many cards in those areas of the pitch.

Dont think anyone would want it to come off worse for aguero (no1 saying otherwiise here) cause he's a serious player and will be joy to watch at the WC, something like a leg break like that for a player destroys two players mentally. Wasnt the greatest tackle but aguero came out alright thankfully. Still cant stand city though

Its twice he's said that, said the same thing to shreeves on sky sports

what did he say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is Bangkok?

Come on lad, come out and tell me how good city are please :)

Having pints celebrating the win. Feel sorry for all the lads that jumped ship when we went 2 down :)

what did he say

Along the lines of
    'We are not a bad as a team as people make out, players are not as bad as people say, and im not a bad manager as people say,

More to it and more comprehensible but it was well done interview by mourinho

Edit: did a lengthy enough interview after the game 4ish minutes on sky, motd only showed about 30secs. Worth a google tbf. He was spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

City middle third fouling very effective. Jose was pointing it out to 4th official during first half. Sane and Danilo got away with a number of cynical fouls to stop Utd transitioning from defence to attack. Ideal spot to foul as you don't get as many cards in those areas of the pitch.

Was another generally terrible refereeing performance.

Pretty obvious why no PL based official is going to the WC, they are dreadful.

While I LOVED the aggression and fight that came into it in the second half, nothing to do with the ref, he just lost control. But as Neville said was a real throwback and I Was loving it. Don't get that in derbys anymore, even the Liverpool games are horribly stale in terms of a bit of blood and guts. Enjoyed Pogba showing some balls in the second half :D

Lukaku was quiet today, struggled a bit at times, but I just adore him. Did you's see his face when Pogba scored the equaliser. Haha he has been so much more then I'd hoped playing for United so far, and so much more to come

True but i think if the ref started carding that way the game would of ended 9v9

Also, we have 16 points against the top 6 this season, 5 wins, 3 losses and a draw. we have Arsenal to play. if we win that one we end up with a PPG average of 1.9.. that is some improvement on previous years

Also, we have 16 points against the top 6 this season, 5 wins, 3 losses and a draw. we have Arsenal to play. if we win that one we end up with a PPG average of 1.9.. that is some improvement on previous years

Yeah its mad, for a team that doesnt beat the top 6 teams and parks the bus apprantly...

What'll be the new stick next season to beat us with, not fair cause their keeper is spiderman in disguise, only play well when it rains the day before, was a half moon last nte.

We'll always get this bus malarky but ive barely seen it this season and its just a throw of **** that never sticks so its thrown again

True but i think if the ref started carding that way the game would of ended 9v9

Book the first Sane trip on Lingard and maybe the rest dont happen. No effort to play ball at all on that one. Neville couldn't understand it on co-comms.

It's so frustrating as bad as we are this season we have shown so many glimpses of what we can't do.

This summer going to be important teams around us will be making signings we need to get them right we need players that are going to give us the believe and drive in our team all the time not just for 45 minutes.

Book the first Sane trip on Lingard and maybe the rest dont happen. No effort to play ball at all on that one. Neville couldn't understand it on co-comms.

But yet we were booked for something similar which is inconsistent, which worked in our fabour today as young, fernandinho, sane and jesus could of been off if he was consistently throwing out cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Love this - Pogba and Big Dave

https://twitter.com/iShobhitSingh/status/982739286213648384

[Tweet text: Game recognizes Game. 💯 #NumeroUno @paulpogba @D_DeGea]

• Advertisement

This was so sad last year a sample size of a few games with some cherry picked from Jose's last season at Chelsea to prove he was a busted flush and what not. Anyways great to see

It's so frustrating as bad as we are this season we have shown so many glimpses of what we can't do.

This summer going to be important teams around us will be making signings we need to get them right we need players that are going to give us the believe and drive in our team all the time not just for 45 minutes.

I know im posting like a mad man but

The signings made have been solid imo, if herrera who was massive today could play like that all season i think we'd better consistenly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Back pages.

United want Neymar if PSG want Pogba and Martial. The Star.

Inter Milan are monitoring Martial's situation at United.

Real want Klopp if Zidane is gone at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

It's difficult to put into words how much I dislike Souness as a pundit. I listened to him last year after the Europa final and had I not seen the game and just switched on the telly I'd have thought Utd lad lost the game. His chip with Utd is incredible, he cannot make any sort of reasoned argument around Utd when they play. Twice he cut across Henry and Bellamy when they were discussing the highlights just to get a dig in. He really is an obnoxious oul b****x. At least Neville can hide it in some ways but Souness is shocking

• Special shout out to Sanchez

I thought that was by far his best performance in a Utd shirt so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rojo is gas craic!

Love how he just shoves a security guard away :p no fcuks given. And Youngy going straight through the line of guards as well :D

Great video that!!

I know im posting like a mad man but

The signings made have been solid imo, if herrera who was massive today could play like that all season i think we'd better consistenly

I agree the signings we have are solid but I think we are missing some key leaders people that won't accept performances like the first half today or the second half against city or the game against Seville.

Yes today was brilliant it shows what we can do but first half shows what we don't do too.

Look rome wasn't built in a day but this summer is going to be so important for the club and manager. Jose has to get it right to shape this team 100 percent his way and performing like he wants.

Even if we don't win the league next year I want to see a proper direction in playing style I want to see an identity in the team a style be it functional like Chelsea were or exciting i don't care I just want it to be efficient and comitted I believe Jose is so far on the right path but he has to step it up a gear now no more chances.

• Advertisement

Love how he just shoves a security guard away :p no fcuks given. And Youngy going straight through the line of guards as well :D

Great video that!!

That video is what the club and fans want every week we want that passion and no **** giving fight for the club instead of the strolling around sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba motm today. Brilliant today 2nd half

I agree the signings we have are solid but I think we are missing some key leaders people that won't accept performances like the first half today or the second half against city or the game against Seville.

Yes today was brilliant it shows what we can do but first half shows what we don't do too.

Look rome wasn't built in a day but this summer is going to be so important for the club and manager. Jose has to get it right to shape this team 100 percent his way and performing like he wants.

Even if we don't win the league next year I want to see a proper direction in playing style I want to see an identity in the team a style be it functional like Chelsea were or exciting i don't care I just want it to be efficient and comitted I believe Jose is so far on the right path but he has to step it up a gear now no more chances.

One thing we were missing massively today i thought was a captain that spoke and got his point across.

City have that in Kompay over us where he'll shout and defwnd his players at the big decisions.

I was watching Valencia the most when the big argument happend and he almost sidelined of the the team. When the ref is making decisions he just stands there
    He's a bad captain imo, but who else would could you give it to thats been here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Jesus lads reading back, some of the posts here during the 1st half. I know they were poor and City should have had more by HT but stick with the lads. A win's a win, need to keep it going next week now!

macslash wrote: »
    Jesus lads reading back, some of the posts here during the 1st half. I know they were poor and City should have had more by HT but stick with the lads. A win's a win, need to keep it going next week now!

Sevilla games ruined all confidence of it though, which is why people were harsh.

This level of play in the second half is what should of been deployed for CL instead of the likes of the first half today in both sevilla legs.

I mean we can do it, then do it when it matters in the big time. Thats the most infuriating thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Sevilla games ruined all confidence of it though, which is why people were harsh.

This level of play in the second half is what should of been deployed for CL instead of the likes of the first half today in both sevilla legs.

I mean we can do it, then do it when it matters in the big time. Thats the most infuriating thing

Ya that's understandable. Utd are frustrating to watch more times than not.

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    Ya that's understandable. Utd are frustrating to watch more times than not.

Absolutely but we've come leaps and bounds under jose in his second year than van gall and moyes years combined so the man deserves respect for it.

He hasnt had a sqaud he wants yet, and still has to play players in the squadd he doesnt want. Reckon we'll have 4 players sold on with carrick retiring.
    Blind, Fellani, herrera and jones but will bring mensah. The CM needs work for sure and it showed today someone lime herrrera on his day can be phenomonal for the like of pogba

Can see both lb/rb getting exstended year so wont immeadiately replace both at the same time.
    Shaw will get 1 more year to shape up or shape out.

But ive no idea how signings will happen.

Do wreckon jose has a plan though to phase out the old with the new

Think lindelof will feature heavily with bailly next season.

Thinkings of a happy utd drunk lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Chelsea.
    Liverpool.
    City.

Not exactly a bad run. Pretty much puts to bed the notion that you didn't deserve second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

The second half today maybe showed us what Mourinho had in mind - at times it was pulsating, that first goal was pure determination and quality combined - end of the game they were throwing their bodies on the line. At half time the title belonged to City and our pride it tatters - at full time their title when it comes will come tarnished and out lads with the FA Cup to go for along with the fans will be buzzing. Watched the game in NY in a bar with no sound - myself and some other fella round the other side made up for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement