Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Turtwig wrote: »
    Chelsea.
    Liverpool.
    City.

Not exactly a bad run. Pretty much puts to bed the notion that you didn't deserve second.

Yeah overall the record v top 6 is good. I'd say probably only City were better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

<3 pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yeah overall the record v top 6 is good. I'd say probably only City were better

Hate this top 6 ****e

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Hate this top 6 ****e

Calm down my dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hate this top 6 ****e

Yeah you’re right. It really should be top 5, fûck Arsenal! :D

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah you’re right. It really should be too 5, fûck Arsenal! :D

Edit: as the last comment went bananas
    Always been top 4

Arsenal who?

Calm down my dear

Well done sir

• Cut paste app is the best :D

Le5gkjp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just caught up with the game (stupid timezones)..... what a f*cking result. 2-0 away to your local rivals with their crowd taking the piss by cheering every pass..... never giving up is what MUFC is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My head is hoping lads! Watched the match. Watched MOTD last night and going to watch it again later after I finish NXT Takeover

• Advertisement

Sunday Supplement should be good craic. Bitterness about United and Di Marzio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Think I'll stick on Match of the day again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What time is it on?

Headshot wrote: »
    What time is it on?

10:30.

For some reason today's games are on later than usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

One thing we were missing massively today i thought was a captain that spoke and got his point across.

City have that in Kompay over us where he'll shout and defwnd his players at the big decisions.

I was watching Valencia the most when the big argument happend and he almost sidelined of the the team. When the ref is making decisions he just stands there
    He's a bad captain imo, but who else would could you give it to thats been here

Well this is exactly what I said last week after been over at the game I don't think Jose values the captain as a leader on the pitch it's just given to the longest player by default.

In my opinion we have only 3 players on the pitch that are leaders they are de gea, bailly and lukaku they should and instruct players even when they don't have the armband.

Of all the players there now and taking game time and reliability into account lukaku would be my number one leader followed by de gea.

Lukaku never stops talking and instructing and trying to get the other players going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ahhh what a day yesterday was

Nothing better than sitting in a boozer surrounded by ***** giving you dogs when 2-0 down. If i had to hear "that's what 100 million gets ya" again after Pogba touched the ball, I'd have put my head through a wall :)

Fairly quiet pub by the end of the game, 92nd minute I turned around and the "City" supporters club was gone.

Young looked a pen in real time despite me screaming it was a great tackle, tbf to Young he made a couple of great interceptions after.

What a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

That's the kind if match we have missed over the last 4 years, pure class of a game, poor first half, some hair dryer treatment at half time , and a joy to watch in sec half with a thrilling come back and a great win over a rival. Fcking chuffed with that one.

Just as chuffed that I didn't vent at half time :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Star reporting we are offering Pogba and Martial in exchange for Neymar :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Has anyone ever seen them eat the croissants or drink the orange juice?

• Advertisement

Was mentioned yesterday how our record against the Top 6 last year kept being brought up, and yet its been quiet this year. Saw this on Reddit, so here's the Top 6 mini-league this season (we still have to play Arsenal)

dvocsx5b3nq01.png

Probably not a huge shock that it's pretty much exactly how the top 6 is lined up right now with all games accounted for, bar switching Spurs and Pool.

And at the risk of spamming (but I'm in a good mood so who cares...)

We've now achieved our highest points total in the league since SAF left us, despite having 6 (winnable) games to go.

2013/14 - 64 Points

2014/15 - 70 Points

2015/16 - 66 Points

2016/17 - 69 Points

2017/18 - 71 points (6 games remaining)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Special shout out to Sanchez

I thought that was by far his best performance in a Utd shirt so far

Pogba will get will the plaudits but Sanchez created that first goal out of nothing and his assists were world class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And at the risk of spamming (but I'm in a good mood so who cares...)

We've now achieved our highest points total in the league since SAF left us, despite having 6 (winnable) games to go.

2013/14 - 64 Points

2014/15 - 70 Points

2015/16 - 66 Points

2016/17 - 69 Points

2017/18 - 71 points (6 games remaining)

#Bustedflush

#Routeone

#hoofball

#wheresthebus

#joseball

#flatpackbullies

beno619 wrote: »
    Pogba will get will the plaudits but Sanchez created that first goal out of nothing and his assists were world class.

Yeap, Sanchez had his best game for us by far.

I know he's been shakey to start off with but thats the risk of January transfers. He's come in and he doesn't get a summer to build up a relationship, he doesn't know how the players work instantly.

I'm excited to see how he does next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Biggest thing about Sanchez is even when he is playing poor he still works his was off.

I keep laughing my head off when the city fans jeered him for getting pushed off the ball in first half and they cheered their own teams passing it was fantastic seen the difference in their mood at half time.

Makes no difference what so ever to their league season but the so called best team in Europe and best team ever in the premiership era have been made look pretty normal over past couple weeks and it's an insult to put them ahead of the great United and arsenal teams over the years and Chelsea too.

• Advertisement

We needed someone like Sanchez to come in and take risks, that’s why I don’t care about him losing the ball a lot. Our players try to be too safe with their play..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Very tame Sunday Supplement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

#Bustedflush

#Routeone

#hoofball

#wheresthebus

#joseball

#flatpackbullies

I got an image reading the last word of the United team destroying IKEA. :)

A big shout out must go to the city fans who eventually made it to the stadium. Hopefully they'll make it again for next season's derby. I wonder if they realise that they can go to other games. ;):):)

A big shout out must go to the city fans who eventually made it to the stadium. Hopefully they'll make it again for next season's derby. I wonder if they realise that they can go to other games. ;):):)

Worst of all was the mock flags they had on the lcd screens!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Probably them that were crying at full time, "first game I've gone to this year, and, sob, they couldn't, sob, win for me". "

Still seemed to be a lot of empty seats up in the corners, did they go in fancy dress as blue seats again?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Worst of all was the mock flags they had on the lcd screens!!

I mentioned that in the match thread yesterday. So fake.

Borrowed from Redcafe.

"That sh*t house of a club is nothing more than a local slag that won the lottery and thought that major boob and face surgery could give it some self-worth and appeal but the money only served to make it even uglier. No matter how much it spends it can't erase the memories of being fecked by everyone north, south, east and west over the many, many decades of its worthless existence.

Shout out to bluemoon"

Borrowed from Redcafe.

"That sh*t house of a club is nothing more than a local slag that won the lottery and thought that major boob and face surgery could give it some self-worth and appeal but the money only served to make it even uglier. No matter how much it spends it can't erase the memories of being fecked by everyone north, south, east and west over the many, many decades of its worthless existence.

Shout out to bluemoon"

Post of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Even if City beat Spurs next week they won't be crowned until the game after that and that's only if we lose to West Brom on Sunday, that will tie City with Us and Arsenal as winning the league with four games to spare, yesterday was such a big victory to cancel their chance of setting the record of six games to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rojo is gas craic!

The absolute state of the stewards. Jaysus.

Fair play to Young? Who jus5 broke through them to get to the fans.

adox wrote: »
    The absolute state of the stewards. Jaysus.

Fair play to Young? Who jus5 broke through them to get to the fans.

https://twitter.com/jonathanhollis/status/982688039335088129

secman wrote: »
    That's the kind if match we have missed over the last 4 years, pure class of a game, poor first half, some hair dryer treatment at half time , and a joy to watch in sec half with a thrilling come back and a great win over a rival. Fcking chuffed with that one.

Just as chuffed that I didn't vent at half time :)

That first half still shouldn’t be forgotten though as it’s whats a huge part of the problem at the club. We were very lucky to be in a position to claw the game back in the second half. City should have been out of sight.

Not trying to put a downer on the result as it was fantastic, and the first half is probably a discussion for another day but we shouldn’t gloss over it either.

Also Jose didn’t give away much in his interview about what he said at halftime apart from saying that he told them he wanted them to move higher up the pitch and press higher(which was good to hear)

I think we got a little taste of what he probably said whe Smalling was interviewed (and it seems to go under the radar a bit). When asked what Jose said at half time he gave some stock answers but also said “ do you want to be the clowns watching City celebrate the league title at the end of the game” (paraphrasing)

I’d say he tore into them at halftime.

adox wrote: »
    That first half still shouldn’t be forgotten though as it’s whats a huge part of the problem at the club. We were very lucky to be in a position to claw the game back in the second half. City should have been out of sight.

Not trying to put a downer on the result as it was fantastic, and the first half is probably a discussion for another day but we shouldn’t gloss over it either.

Tbh there has been plenty of times that we have played like that for 45 mins of a game in all my years of watching, sure even in 99 we were toxic for most of the match, the only thing that’s really remembered there is the comeback.

We shouldn’t even be discussing it imo,(though no doubt we will as it’s a discussion site) the only thing we should be discussing about this match is the manner of the comeback. To go in with their tails between their legs at half time and to come out and put that second half display shows that there is something in these players. They just need to show it week in week out.

• Advertisement

Oh and Pogba took that game by the scruff of the neck and delivered when he was needed most! That’s the Pogba we bought and want to see all the time.

Tbh there has been plenty of times that we have played like that for 45 mins of a game in all my years of watching, sure even in 99 we were toxic for most of the match, the only thing that’s really remembered there is the comeback.

We shouldn’t even be discussing it imo,(though no doubt we will as it’s a discussion site) the only thing we should be discussing about this match is the manner of the comeback. To go in with their tails between their legs at half time and to come out and put that second half display shows that there is something in these players. They just need to show it week in week out.

It’s not the playing sh though that is the real concern. It’s the pure capitulation and near downing of tools that is. I never remember a tam like that under Ferguson. I remember teams who played poorly and had off days but I never felt that he had a team of characterless bottlers.

Again I’m not trying to be a killjoy. I’m still buzzing about the result and let’s hope that second half is the start of this squad standing up and showing character on a consistent basis but I’m yet to be convinced. Some additions may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

The passing in that passage of play would make Pep proud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

United are second in the premier league table since the turn of the year, with a game less played than Spurs in first

Our domestic form the past few months has been excellent, despite the fact that it may not have been pretty at times. We've beaten every side in the league this season and racked off a string of increasingly impressive wins. Bodes well for this side's development. Have to say im hugely positive about the direction the club is going in atm and Sevilla seems more of an anomaly than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Still buzzing after that comeback. Love the passion shown by the players. Pogba shut a lot of people up with that 2nd half performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

bangkok wrote:
    Still buzzing after that comeback. Love the passion shown by the players. Pogba shut a lot of people up with that 2nd half performance

He was excellent in the second half and I would love to see him make that the norm.

Herrara was also excellent, love how much he pisses off the opposition. Jesus's head was completely gone at the end. It was a joy to watch

bangkok wrote: »

I agree, but he still needs to produce that on a consistent basis. It’s all well and good doing it for 45 mins but we need him to be doing it all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Tinder deal is baffling given the regime that owns City. They won't sign a deal with Grinder

Different emirates within the UAE have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison, and Dubai which imposes 10 years of imprisonment for sodomy.

Have they any openly gay players ?

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

But had been comically bad in the previous 45 minutes. I don’t think he’s shut anyone up at all. He has shown what he can do in 45 minutes of football. He also showed what we have been served up by him most of the time in the previous 45 minutes.

It’s a microcosm of the clubs performances overall.

I get that you love Pogba as a player and like to big him up but you totally ignore his poor performances or blame everyone but him for them.

Let’s wait u til he performs near that level on a consisting basis(or even 90 minutes) before singing his praises and using hyperbolic statements.

Again I can’t emphasize enough I’m not trying to be a kill joy but just trying to add perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement