Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

SScope wrote: »
    He was excellent in the second half and I would love to see him make that the norm.

Herrara was also excellent, love how much he pisses off the opposition. Jesus's head was completely gone at the end. It was a joy to watch

I thought Herrera was probably Utds most consistent player yesterday. I don’t know where he pulled that performance from as he hasn’t shown any sign of it this season.

Still not the answer though I think and kid expect someone sleaze to come in i the summer to play alongside Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

bangkok wrote: »
    Still buzzing after that comeback. Love the passion shown by the players. Pogba shut a lot of people up with that 2nd half performance

As did Sanchez. Even Smalling to an extent, though he almost ruined that atonement by giving Aguero a free header in the last minute. Luckily for him, De Gea bailed us out for the 93rd millionth time over the past few years. Smalling still cant defend to save his life, as good as he is at popping up with an important goal. I'd be anxious to see him getting moved on by the summertime and him scoring a couple of (albeit important) goals while totally unmarked in the last couple of weeks won't change that for me.

Still though, there's some amount of heart in this team, something I never thought I'd be saying about this group of players around last christmas. Sanchez in particular was fantastic, he's a born winner that lad.

Discodog wrote: »
    The Tinder deal is baffling given the regime that owns City. They won't sign a deal with Grinder

Different emirates within the UAE have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison, and Dubai which imposes 10 years of imprisonment for sodomy.

Have they any openly gay players ?

They are about money not ethics.

adox wrote: »
    They are about money not ethics.

And their yellow ribboned hypocrite of a manager epitomises that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The Tinder deal is baffling given the regime that owns City. They won't sign a deal with Grinder

Different emirates within the UAE have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison, and Dubai which imposes 10 years of imprisonment for sodomy.

A Muslim man made me a ham sandwich about an hour ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11322045/paul-pogba-analyses-manchester-derby-win-with-thierry-henry-and-hails-michael-carrick

i found that interesting and especially when he said

Analysing his performance at the Sky Sports touchscreen with Henry, he said: "I give the credit to Michael Carrick, because after the game every game he shows me the video and says to make those runs. He's someone who's helped me a lot, every time after training he says: 'Come, look at this run, you can kill because nobody can stop you.'

"It's hard to make this run in a two, because you have to stay and you have to control. When we have three players, I know Matic will stay behind, and you have more freedom to go in front."

we def need to let him attack and give him the freedom to do so. playing in a 2 you dont see the best of pogba, i think everyone knows this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Neville brought it up yesterday, Sanchez,Pogba et al were playing too deep in the first half. Getting the ball and being swamped. As soon as they pushed up then City had problems and within minutes they conceded. Sanchez and Pogba are deadly attacking players but look lost when isolated 50 yards from the opposition goal.
    If they try things deep and lose the ball then we are in trouble yet let them do that further up and we cut out that risk and cause more problems for opponents. City were happy to foul and press in our half when we sat back as they knew we'd cause little threat from frees there yet as soon as we pushed up they were reluctant to do it or conceded frees from dangerous areas.
    2 games in quick succession in the league to come against teams we should be beating,go out and play like the 2nd half yesterday and then 6 handy points are there for the taking,I hope Jose doesn't let the players revert to type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It was a bottle, clear as day on my stream.

Yeah,you could see it when it hit the ground, definitely a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Neville brought it up yesterday, Sanchez,Pogba et al were playing too deep in the first half. Getting the ball and being swamped. As soon as they pushed up then City had problems and within minutes they conceded. Sanchez and Pogba are deadly attacking players but look lost when isolated 50 yards from the opposition goal.

Think it was Doc who called that during the week. City's midfield isn't amazing defensively and heir defence is poor under pressure.

Did anyone see Ronaldo repeat his bicycle kick in training? Even the cross came from the same player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Still buzzing after that comeback. Love the passion shown by the players. Pogba shut a lot of people up with that 2nd half performance

Who did he shut up?

One excellent 45 minutes doesn't make up for thousands of shyte minutes in previous games.

I hope he becomes the player for us that he can be, i really do, but he needs to do a helluva lot more than he has done.

How is it baffling? If anything, it's great advertisement for them; since signing the deal they've been rode twice in 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think it was Doc who called that during the week. City's midfield isn't amazing defensively and heir defence is poor under pressure.

The weird thing is that in most matches you can visibly see Jose on the sideline telling them to push up when they go too deep, he said it after the match yesterday that he was telling them to push up to control the midfield and he wasn’t happy with his defenders use of the ball, not getting the ball quick enough to the midfielders.

In fairness Smalling numerous times in the first half, took the ball from DeGea, made 2 steps with it, turned and gave it back to DeGea and Dave had to hit it long as no one was showing as City had a chance to push up.

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/982720871503720448?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

jayo26 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you it was 100 percent a penalty........ city were really hard done by I was fuming.

If either penalty was given,Young would have saved them anway.

At least it wasn't a child. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Who did he shut up?

One excellent 45 minutes doesn't make up for thousands of shyte minutes in previous games.

I hope he becomes the player for us that he can be, i really do, but he needs to do a helluva lot more than he has done.

If he is played to his strenghts and the team are allowed florish you will see more of the player we saw in 2nd half. Said himself when he is in a midfield 2 its more difficult

If he is played to his strenghts and the team are allowed florish you will see more of the player we saw in 2nd half. Said himself when he is in a midfield 2 its more difficult

Just I posted earlier it’s everyone one else’s fault but the player.

You’re nothing if predictable.

Btw he played in a midfield 3 in the first half and was atrocious but sure let’s ignore that.

If Herrera was with one of our rivals, I would despise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not much of a defense for the **** performances in a midfield 3 though is it.

No way anyone should get in to this today with you tbh :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Hahahaha that's brilliant

3f4.gif

spiralism wrote: »
    How is it baffling? If anything, it's great advertisement for them; since signing the deal they've been rode twice in 4 days.

:pac::D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ooh the saltiness after parking the bus on City's title party, Danilo: Manchester United resorted to long balls to beat Man City.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3448032/danilo-manchester-united-resorted-to-long-balls-to-beat-man-city

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ooh the saltiness after parking the bus on City's title party, Danilo: Manchester United resorted to long balls to beat Man City.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3448032/danilo-manchester-united-resorted-to-long-balls-to-beat-man-city

Ha think he was so out of position for the equaliser he missed It all completely..

people seriously think that crossing a ball is a long ball these days..

Not one of the 3 goals was from a long ball ffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Dave has his Chelsea shirt on today.

Been a bad week for Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just blame Everton fans that's how it's done these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The weekend gets even better

Go wan Little Pea

Hernandez and Chelsea

Name a better duo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

adox wrote: »
    Just I posted earlier it’s everyone one else’s fault but the player.

You’re nothing if predictable.

Btw he played in a midfield 3 in the first half and was atrocious but sure let’s ignore that.

He also started at least one other game this season in the position and was dung as well.

Hernandez and Chelsea

Name a better duo

Rooney always scoring in derby games vs. City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hernandez and Chelsea

Name a better duo

Hernandez and Substitute

It only took him 3 minutes

If my math is right, five points from our last six games nets us CL football anyway.

Well f*&^&*, took Chicarito out of my Fantasy Premier League team, I don't love that game :mad:

• Advertisement

Hindsight is 20/20 but Liverpool's performance last week and our second half yesterday make Chelsea and Conte especially look more pathetic with their surrender stroll against them a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ah the football has been good this weekend

Will say this..
    Where has Herrera been all season, if he could play like that on a consistent basis we'd be so much better for it. He was everwhere, and broke up the play brilliantly.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ah the football has been good this weekend

Will say this..
    Where has Herrera been all season, if he could play like that on a consistent basis we'd be so much better for it. He was everwhere, and broke up the play brilliantly.

Wasn't his court case finished with recently, maybe that was having an effect on him after all?

I think I would prefer a banana :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

paulbok wrote: »
    Wasn't his court case finished with recently, maybe that was having an effect on him after all?

Dont think thats deserves a free pass, excellent player last season, has been invisible this football year. In my opinion i think jose thought he'd carry over to this season and midfield trio would be sorted. Hopefully he'll finish the year strong along with mctominey respectively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If my math is right, five points from our last six games nets us CL football anyway.

I'd go so far as to say 4 points because of the goal difference. Happy days :)

Dont think thats deserves a free pass, excellent player last season, has been invisible this football year. In my opinion i think jose thought he'd carry over to this season and midfield trio would be sorted. Hopefully he'll finish the year strong along with mctominey respectively

Well I'm sure if the threat of jail time was hanging over your head. You'd not be there 100% either...

paulbok wrote: »

Maybe it's the "who's going to be sold effect" ? ;)

Only back from an injury too, missed a considerable amount of time with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think everyone did really.

If he keeps this up till the end of the year he may save his United career.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement