Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well I'm sure if the threat of jail time was hanging over your head. You'd not be there 100% either...

Ah here if anything in football, when it comes to tax avoidence or the like your not going to jail, look at messi.

Agree he did have injuries this season so that probably had more of a effect than anything

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

(Off topic: Headshot, if you're reading this...I'm not ignorin your PM but I'm not finished Takeofer yet and am not daring opening your Pm till I am :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Discodog wrote: »
    Maybe it's the "who's going to be sold effect" ? ;)

Well even if it is, it's nice to see he is bothered about staying rather than wanting a move away tbh! Would love to see him do well now for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (Off topic: Headshot, if you're reading this...I'm not ignorin your PM but I'm not finished Takeofer yet and am not daring opening your Pm till I am :P)

I think I speak for everyone when I say.. wtf is Takeofer

Finally got to watch the second half, it was well worth the wait.

Pogba or Sanchez would be my clear shouts for MOTM, but there were quite a few standout performances in the second half. I thought all 3 of our midfield were immense in the second half.

That was an impressive display of character and fight from the players, and is not the first time they have come from 2 goals down to win a game recently.

5 wins in our last 5 PL matches, which included games against Chelsea, Liverpool and City. That's not just 'not bad', that's good form going into the closing stages of the season.

I don't like the seeing people spitting in general. There is also no excuse for spitting at someone else, be it on the football pitch or on the way home from one on the motorway. However, players/athletes spitting on the ground during or directly after an intense game, I've seen this in many sports.

Poor Ander is just walking off the field there and is salivating like a bastard. He spat when he felt the need to, the fact that the City emblem was on the ground is purely coincidental. I guarantee that when someone shows that footage to Ander Herrera he'll be shocked and appalled with himself :)

He's gas. I know he can grate on even us United fans with his trolling when he's playing shíte and we're trying to see out a dull draw (like earlier this season) but he has to be the current #1 in the PL at trolling the opposition. It got to the stage yesterday where Gabriel Jesus just forgot about football and legit wanted to physically harm him.biggrin.png

Anytime Herrera got challenged at 2-3...

2Og6VTb.gif

In fairness to him though, at least one of those times he went down yesterday he got some studs planted in the top of his foot, so it's not all smoke and mirrors.

Aside from his trolling, I thought he put in a great shift yesterday. Even when City opened us up for 20 minutes in the first half, Herrera wasn't the prime suspect or even in the line-up of main suspects for our capitulation.

Then when the team got going, his part in the first goal was so important. Pogba's finish was cool as ice, Alexis' pass to Herrera was perfection, but Herrera's chest is the unsung hero there. It's not a given that whoever Alexis played that pass to was going to use their chest to play the ball 6+ feet through to Pogba.

We've seen that technique with Herrera before though. No, not an inch-perfect assist like yesterday's, but his fondness for using his chest to make an effective pass. More commonly, we're used to seeing it at a throw in. Herrera will run to receive the ball from whoever is making the throw-in to send the ball back to them via his chest.

I know that one strong, big game performance doesn't negate some awful displays from him earlier in the season, but at the very least yesterday showed us that Ander Herrera shouldn't be counted out yet.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ah here if anything in football, when it comes to tax avoidence or the like your not going to jail, look at messi.

Agree he did have injuries this season so that probably had more of a effect than anything

In fairness his case is nothing like Messi’s he Was accused of throwing a game. Big difference to tax avoidance, though still falls under the same rules of any sentence under 2 years avoids jail time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

astradave wrote: »

Google is your friend

https://www.spreadshirt.com/alien+takeofer-A599ab8cff6c60d694f351c9c

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Look at Lord TSC user details, and where it says Mod: and then put 2+2 together..

TL;DR It's a wrestling PPV.

Look at Lord TSC user details, and where it says Mod: and then put 2+2 together..

TL;DR It's a wrestling PPV.

It could mean takeover but I am not brave enough to suggest that Our Lord can't spell - especially on a Sunday :pac:

• Advertisement

In fairness his case is nothing like Messi’s he Was accused of throwing a game. Big difference to tax avoidance, though still falls under the same rules of any sentence under 2 years avoids jail time

Yeah had a think about it after i posted and it would play on your mind alright if you were a player so fair enough

It could mean takeover but I am not brave enough to suggest that Our Lord can't spell - especially on a Sunday :pac:

He must hate autocorrect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He must hate autocorrect :pac:

I fcukin love auto correct

I was thinking it was something to do with Wrestling but the way it was spelt totally threw me :D

Would love to be in to golf right now, Masters is a big deal but i just cant get into it. Good from the bad, is it a great shot? I have no idea.
    30 odd players it must be tough as hell to win though

Duck off

:P

• Advertisement

Would love to be in to golf right now, Masters is a big deal but i just cant get into it. Good from the bad, is it a great shot? I have no idea.
    30 odd players it must be tough as hell to win though

30? Try hundreds :D and that’s just in my club :pac:

It’s always a great watch on a relaxing Sunday evening watching the final rounds, even more so in majors. 3 shots is nothing in golf really, If reed has a bogey on the first and Mcilroy birdies it’s down to 1 and it will be great viewing

Edit: and Reed plays his first drive into a tree.. followed by a Mcilroy **** up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It’s always a great watch on a relaxing Sunday evening watching the final rounds, even more so in majors. 3 shots is nothing in golf really, If reed has a bogey on the first and Mcilroy birdies it’s down to 1 and it will be great viewing

Edit: and Reed plays his first drive into a tree.. followed by a Mcilroy **** up :D

I've money on reed but I like Rory so I'm torn here but can't really lose unless they both **** up.

Seeing as it's switched to Golf briefly, how's Tiger Woods getting on?

Seeing as it's switched to Golf briefly, how's Tiger Woods getting on?

Having a good day today but he is well out of the running 1 over parr for tourney.

Been watching it tonight and it is chilled viewing alright even though im short sighted on the levels of it, the courses do look superb though.

I heard if Mcilroy wins it he'll be in an elite tier of golfers by winning four major competitions which only 5 other golfers have ever done. My golf knowledge is the worst so may have worded that wrong.

• Advertisement

Been watching it tonight and it is chilled viewing alright even though im short sighted on the levels of it, the courses do look superb though.

I heard if Mcilroy wins it he'll be in an elite tier of golfers by winning four major competitions which only 5 other golfers have ever done. My golf knowledge is the worst so may have worded that wrong.

Yeah its called the career grand slam he has the other 3 but the masters is the prestigious one in my opinion.

Not all courses look as good as the masters course they even go as far as painting the grass in places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some lovely trolling going on up my way,one of the neighbours are city fans,I haven't seen him since yesterday. The guy in the house opposite him has hung a large United flag in the top window facing their house.

Some lovely trolling going on up my way,one of the neighbours are city fans,I haven't seen him since yesterday. The guy in the house opposite him has hung a large United flag in the top window facing their house.

That's what it's about I love that sh1t going too and fro.

Never meet a city fan in real life... are they really that delicate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »

There’s 3 drink in my local. Used be 4 till 1 got barred. My local barber is a City fan too

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There’s 3 drink in my local. Used be 4 till 1 got barred. My local barber is a City fan too

are they all either 15 or 80?

Duck off

:P

Secret video has emerged of the Boards wrestling club. Can anyone spot the Lord ?

MrMac84 wrote: »

Actually think I remember a jersey in your pub alright pal a old skool city jersey?

are they all either 15 or 80?

All in there 50s +

Yeah its called the career grand slam he has the other 3 but the masters is the prestigious one in my opinion.

Not all courses look as good as the masters course they even go as far as painting the grass in places.

The one course i would continuously tell everyone to play in Ireland is Maccreddin. Its an unbelievable course, absolutely beautiful and hard as ****.

Actually think I remember a jersey in your pub alright pal a old skool city jersey?

Ya he wears it all the time...

the barber I’ve known since I was a child and he’s been through thick and thin with them

• Advertisement

There's one fella who I know well, he's very sensitive when it comes to slagging. He's had some epic rants on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The one course i would continuously tell everyone to play in Ireland is Maccreddin. Its an unbelievable course, absolutely beautiful and hard as ****.

You really need a buggy... Unless your a mountain goat!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You really need a buggy... Unless your a mountain goat!!

Yeah, coming down some of the paths on the buggy, especially the par 3 straight down is fricken scary too :D

Yeah, coming down some of the paths on the buggy, especially the par 3 straight down is fricken scary too :D

The one where your about 80 above the green? That's a lovely hole.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/983070468797353986

L’Equipe: Liverpool have drawn up 3 year contract for Man United’s Marouane Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/983070468797353986

L’Equipe: Liverpool have drawn up 3 year contract for Man United’s Marouane Fellaini.

I would burst my hole with laughter if that happens.

I actually want it to happen now just for the craic

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The one where your about 80 above the green? That's a lovely hole.

Yeah, think it’s about 150m but we played PW’s, ended up about 10 feet from the pin, was my best shot of the day :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    I would burst my hole with laughter if that happens.

I actually want it to happy now just for the craic

Oh the scenes it would cause :pac:

I wouldn't even be mad,that would be hilarious.

• Advertisement

Oh the scenes it would cause :pac:

Bangkok driving him to Merseyside and laughing all the way.

I can hear the excuses of "Plan B, we finally have a plan B"

I can hear all the Pool fans going back through years of their own posts. Trying to delete criticisms so that can say they always rated him.

They aren't hoofballs,they are long,elevated passes. ;)

The alternative to Klopp's "heavy metal" football.

Yeah, think it’s about 150m but we played PW’s, ended up about 10 feet from the pin, was my best shot of the day :pac:

Yup that's it. I stuck it to the pin but looked like I was going to come up well short.

• Advertisement

I can hear all the Pool fans going back through years of their own posts. Trying to delete criticisms so that can say they always rated him.

"delete, delete, delETE, DELETE!!!!!"

r_625329_kYrcm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

While I'd rather see Fellaini stay if he was happy with being a back up player, the lols of him joining Liverpool would be totally worth losing him for.

that would be hilarious.

Exactly how a lot of rival fans felt when he went to Utd I'd imagine.

While I'd rather see Fellaini stay if he was happy with being a back up player, the lols of him joining Liverpool would be totally worth losing him for.

Speaks volumes about what people really think about him (i.e. he's not good enough).

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Exactly how a lot of rival fans felt when he went to Utd I'd imagine.

Speaks volumes about what people really think about him (i.e. he's not good enough).

Most posters here see him as a more than adequate back up. Which he is.. it’s more the point that Rival fans criticise him at every opportunity. So would be interesting to see what the posters who have continuously criticised him say when he plays for their team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhUDFDNFeN9/
    Beaten by your rivals at their ground & to then have to sit there and watch them lift the Premier League trophy - all of this while them home fans laugh at you, there downtrodden, embarrassed, worthless, a beaten man/team.

That is the nightmare the night before the derby game many of the players if not all would of had. That very picture would almost certainly of gone through their minds at some point leading up to that game.

So to see the way the @manchesterunited team came back from 2 goals down & it could have been more had City finished their chances, signifies to me that that these guys really do care about playing for the shirt and how desperate they were not to allow that nightmare to become a reality!
    That is the type of pressure these games bring on - can you as an individual get rid of those terrible images and concentrate on the job in hand or will you allow yourself to be drowned in such negativity that you can hardly warm up without it being on your mind constantly and your warm up is 25mins of bad touches and anxiety!
    This can I add, all before the actual game begins - Mental warfare!

So well done to the boys for dealing with all that especially after going 2 goals down (imagine the panic). Lastly...... @paulpogba was the talk before the game and he went on to make sure he was the talk after it (for the reasons he so desperately wants them to be). Knowing Paul, he will want to be talked about as a great player but his extravagant hairstyles and dance moves have too often overshadowed his performances. Flashy hair and being seen to enjoy every bit of life is just the way Paul Pogba is and that’s his choice so it must be respected. All he has to do is make sure he keeps producing performances & goals like we saw vs City and that will be the conversation with him rather than the other stuff. He was let free or had to play in a more advanced role due to the scoreline which allowed him to do what he does best - less defensive responsibility and allowed to attack like he learnt and did at Juve with the results we saw in the second half at City.
    That’s the pressure he puts on himself but one I’m sure he can deal with.
    #MUFC #POGBA ❤️⚽️

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement