Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

astradave wrote: »
    Most posters here see him as a more than adequate back up. Which he is.. it’s more the point that Rival fans criticise him at every opportunity. So would be interesting to see what the posters who have continuously criticised him say when he plays for their team

Surely the same if the performances were the same :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ah the football has been good this weekend

Will say this..
    Where has Herrera been all season, if he could play like that on a consistent basis we'd be so much better for it. He was everwhere, and broke up the play brilliantly.

I've said it already a few times, I think herreras off field stuff may have played a part this season. To what extent I can't say but I'm confident it has played a part.

Hopefully now it's behind him he can get back to fousing fully on the game.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Surely the same if the performances were the same :confused:

You obviously haven’t watched him very much under Jose, so I’ll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Exactly how a lot of rival fans felt when he went to Utd I'd imagine.

Speaks volumes about what people really think about him (i.e. he's not good enough).

Tbf, nobody in here has ever said he is good enough to be a regular in a team with ambitions for winning the top honours in the game. He does however provide a different option and he has never been anything but an utter pro for us, even when he wasn't playing, even when he was getting booed by United fans (**** for that tbh) he gave 100% when on the field.

What would amuse me about him joining you boys is that he was the subject of much ire from an awful lot of the LFC fans that post in here over the last few years.

You obviously haven’t watched him very much under Jose, so I’ll leave it at that.

You can keep him so !

Tbf, nobody in here has ever said he is good enough to be a regular in a team with ambitions for winning the top honours in the game. He does however provide a different option and he has never been anything but an utter pro for us, even when he wasn't playing, even when he was getting booed by his United fans (**** for that tbh) he gave 100% when on the field.

What would amuse me about him joining you boys is that he was the subject of much ire from an awful lot of the LFC fans that post in here over the last few years.

Exactly

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tbf, nobody in here has ever said he is good enough to be a regular in a team with ambitions for winning the top honours in the game. He does however provide a different option and he has never been anything but an utter pro for us, even when he wasn't playing, even when he was getting booed by United fans (**** for that tbh) he gave 100% when on the field.

I think there is very little chance of there being any truth in that particular rumour. Some reasons I think that:

1. He doesn't really seem like the type of player that Klopp tends to sign.
    2. He is 30 and would have fairly high wage demands.
    3. He has played for Everton and Utd.
    4. Most rumours like this are absolute hogwash with zero basis in truth.

5starpool wrote: »
    I think there is very little chance of there being any truth in that particular rumour. Some reasons I think that:

1. He doesn't really seem like the type of player that Klopp tends to sign.
    2. He is 30 and would have fairly high wage demands.
    3. He has played for Everton and Utd.
    4. Most rumours like this are absolute hogwash with zero basis in truth.

he has been linked to PSG a lot recently and the report is from L'Equipe so my thoughts would be he is looking for a bit more money from PSG so his agent said he has an offer from Liverpool as a Bargaining tool and PSG released that to the press

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Paul ince did it by way of Inter was a good player at Man Utd faltered at Liverpool maybe Fellaini should have a chat with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Call me old fashioned but if Pogba managed to tog out for Utd for a few games without a changed hair colour it might show that he is concentrating on his game rather than on how many new Social Media followers he can get.It must kill the likes of Phil Jones and Matic to have a lad coming into training every few days with a different hairstyle.

Pogba was anonymous yesterday in first half,his 2 goals in 2nd half helped change the course of the game undoubtedly but he is not performing consistently yet in a Utd Jersey.
    Hopefully next season the potential he possesses turns into consistent performances in games....even if he has to ‘lose’ a bit of the crazy hairstyles for that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

he has been linked to PSG a lot recently and the report is from L'Equipe so my thoughts would be he is looking for a bit more money from PSG so his agent said he has an offer from Liverpool as a Bargaining tool and PSG released that to the press

They could have used a more realistic club as the bargaining tool though surely, like Chelsea or Arsenal.

5starpool wrote: »
    They could have used a more realistic club as the bargaining tool though surely, like Chelsea or Arsenal.

A bit of trolling does no harm to anyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone else get so bloody tired of the hairstyle argument?

You honestly think people give a ****?

From All reports ive ever read pogba is one of the most liked characters in the dressing room and is one if the best trainers.

The man has had a very poor run of form but fuk sake get over the hair.

A bit of trolling does no harm to anyone :D

Unless your a city fan receiving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Cant see fellaini going to liverpool. He wants games, not more bench time

bangkok wrote: »
    Cant see fellaini going to liverpool. He wants games, not more bench time

He would be a regular for Liverpool ;) him and keita would be formidable in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

jayo26 wrote: »

From All reports ive ever read pogba is one of the most liked characters in the dressing room and is one if the best trainers.

So was it a clever move for him to pick Citys shirt colour for his blue rinse yesterday?....it was creating a rod to be beaten with if Utd had lost the game.Dont bother saying ‘oh well he scored twice yday’...he has scored feck all this season for one of the best midfielders in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Pogba keeps playing like he did the second half against City I wouldn't give a fcuk if he had this multi-coloured-clown-afro-wig-rainbow-color-curly-hair-kid-chriswwl-1402-07-chriswwl@1.jpg on his head.

Would genuinely worry over someone who thinks Pogba is Samson-esque and gets his ability from his hair.

So was it a clever move for him to pick Citys shirt colour for his blue rinse yesterday?....it was creating a rod to be beaten with if Utd had lost the game.Dont bother saying ‘oh well he scored twice yday’...he has scored feck all this season for one of the best midfielders in the league.

I haven't defended pogba in a long time so no worries there but I don't think someone's hair is something to use to judge a players performances with or to even suggest it has any bearing on performance or career.

• Advertisement

Or maybe you know... he got it done on the 19th of March for the international break

https://instagram.com/p/BggH7-nj-CR/

"paulpogbaNew Hair bleu pour les bleu super Saiyan bleu @equipedefrance"

pjohnson wrote: »
    If Pogba keeps playing like he did the second half against City I wouldn't give a fcuk if he had this multi-coloured-clown-afro-wig-rainbow-color-curly-hair-kid-chriswwl-1402-07-chriswwl@1.jpg on his head.

Would genuinely worry over someone who thinks Pogba is Samson-esque and gets his ability from his hair.

it wouldn't fit, according to the hyperlink its a Kids wig :p

FFS.

He's been rocking that hairdo for almost a month now.

I wonder if there's any other team close to his heart who might play in blue...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12025/11296853/paul-pogba-gets-new-haircut-inspired-by-france-national-team-colours

Edit: Turns out astradave is just as bored as me, but quicker.

it wouldn't fit, according to the hyperlink its a Kids wig :p

Feck......well anyway I'm sure he could clip it on as an acessory sitting on top of his blue rinse for all I care if he keeps performing like he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

5 league goals compared to the best midfielder in the league de bruyne who has 7

Woop love golf.

• Advertisement

He had his hair did for the France game. Which kinda makes reading beyond the first line of your post redundant given the level of ignorance you obviously have about the subject.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Woop love golf.

Reed played some stuff no doubt, Fowler too. Rory emptied his bag again which is only turning up the pressure of winning at Augusta on him even further :) delighted to see woods return to stability, not exactly to form yet though we had glimpses. He will be winning again once he doesn't break down. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Probably not, but it was quite a smart move for him to score twice and get awarded man of the match. I think most of us can give him a pass for the hair now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Honestly I generally don't give a crap.

But 30 mins in and 2 bill down with the performance that he had put in up to that time and city on course to win the title you do start to wonder if someone like Pogba has any sort of cop on.

I get that it was about France but that was 4 weeks ago, his hair was literally sky blue surely someone must have mentioned that to him this week in the run up.

The head patting and buddy buddy ness also pissed me off to no ends on Saturday.

I called it yesterday...
    Poor Ander is just walking off the field there and is salivating like a bastard. He spat when he felt the need to, the fact that the City emblem was on the ground is purely coincidental. I guarantee that when someone shows that footage to Ander Herrera he'll be shocked and appalled with himself :)

Then last night this was released...
    The Times wrote:

Ander Herrera has denied spitting deliberately at a Manchester City crest during Saturday’s derby at the Etihad Stadium.

A United spokesperson said: “Ander has seen the footage of the incident and is mortified at any suggestion that his actions were deliberate. It was entirely accidental and there was no intent whatsoever.”

Ander is a top bastard. :D

It's been a testing season with him, but I'm finding the grá for Herrera once again. Not that it automatically entitles him to a place at the club or in the team, but he absolutely adores and gets the club and the derby reminded me just how much.

That assist just gets better the more I see it. I saw a quote from Henry about it and he's bang on the money; “The awareness of Ander Herrera there is amazing. If anyone else played that ball, we’d have talked about it all day. But the awareness of Herrera there is just great to see the run of Pogba.”

As well as the assist, he made 3 interceptions, 3 tackles, had the 2nd most completed passes for the team (84%) and won 50% of aerial duels. That's a very solid performance from someone who wasn't even our best CM player on Saturday.

If we could get him, Pogba and Matic fit and in form, it would be a strong midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

That assist just gets better the more I see it. I saw a quote from Henry about it and he's bang on the money; “The awareness of Ander Herrera there is amazing. If anyone else played that ball, we’d have talked about it all day. But the awareness of Herrera there is just great to see the run of Pogba.”

As well as the assist, he made 3 interceptions, 3 tackles, had the 2nd most completed passes for the team (84%) and won 50% of aerial duels. That's a very solid performance from someone who wasn't even our best CM player on Saturday.

If we could get him, Pogba and Matic fit and in form, it would be a strong midfield

On the assist, can you imagine the jizzing that would've been done over it of that had been de bruyne or heaven forbid Dele.... stan's father wouldn't have even been close to what would've exploded out of people.. because its herrera and he's been a peripheral figure so far this year it's being glossed over..

On them as a trio, it might work but I'd prefer a ball controlling player in there instead of Herrera in the mould of a Kroos or Modric at real. Matic as a screen and destroyer works and after Saturday Pogba being given space to get more into the final third works and with a third player dictating the play and when to hold tempo and up it we could be very well sorted.

Herrera is still a quality player to have as squad depth but i'm not sure he'd be in a regular starting 11. Games like saturday are perfect for him cos niggles the bejesus out of top sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think the execution of Herrera’s assist was superb. I think most players would have tried it instinctively because there wasn’t much else he could do when the ball is kicked towards his chest in a condensed area of the pitch. The awareness of it is being overplayed but he had good instincts and great execution and it was a key pass that basically sparked everything thereafter.

• Sliding into the canteen like....

giphy.gif

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sliding into the canteen like....

giphy.gif

Mick, i expected better...
    Vinny Mac strut is needed

brinty wrote: »
    On the assist, can you imagine the jizzing that would've been done over it of that had been de bruyne or heaven forbid Dele.... stan's father wouldn't have even been close to what would've exploded out of people.. because its herrera and he's been a peripheral figure so far this year it's being glossed over..

On them as a trio, it might work but I'd prefer a ball controlling player in there instead of Herrera in the mould of a Kroos or Modric at real. Matic as a screen and destroyer works and after Saturday Pogba being given space to get more into the final third works and with a third player dictating the play and when to hold tempo and up it we could be very well sorted.

Herrera is still a quality player to have as squad depth but i'm not sure he'd be in a regular starting 11. Games like saturday are perfect for him cos niggles the bejesus out of top sides.

On the 'glossed over' aspect, I think there's a large element of 'Well it's the least you could do ya little bastard after that shíte you produced earlier this season' at play. And those sentiments aren't wrong. At the same time though, you have to give him credit where it's due.

Games like Saturday's are perfect because he niggles the shíte out of opposition, but that is only part of what he does. He's actually an intelligent creative player on his day. Look at last season against Chelsea - He niggled the fúck out of the opposition, went viral with his torment of Hazard, yet in that same game he played a sublime pass through to Rashford from deep to set up our first goal. Granted, he handled it in the interception, but that doesn't detract from the technique and vision of the pass. That was also a big turning point for us in that game, just like the first goal was for us against City.

Pogba, Matic, Herrera, McTominay. Assuming Fellaini is gone this Summer since he won't sign the damn contract, how many more CMs would we need to bring in this Summer? Let's assume Ander Herrera still has a football brain and Pogba won't be pimped out by Raiola.

Herrera's 2nd 45 was a great reminder of last season. Maybe it really was that match fixing case that blighted this season?

• Headshot wrote: »
    I would burst my hole with laughter if that happens.

I actually want it to happen now just for the craic

This :D

pjohnson wrote: »
    Herrera's 2nd 45 was a great reminder of last season. Maybe it really was that match fixing case that blighted this season?

Could be something to do with that. There were also some reports that he pissed off Jose sometime around the Europa final.

It might not be any of that. However, some players performances can be more affected than others by their off-field issues. We saw it with Martial last season when he was more preoccupied with a Twitter war with his ex than putting in a performance for the team.

beno619 wrote: »
    Honestly I generally don't give a crap.

But 30 mins in and 2 bill down with the performance that he had put in up to that time and city on course to win the title you do start to wonder if someone like Pogba has any sort of cop on.

I get that it was about France but that was 4 weeks ago, his hair was literally sky blue surely someone must have mentioned that to him this week in the run up.

The head patting and buddy buddy ness also pissed me off to no ends on Saturday.

Thankfully most of the rest of us just get pissed off with his performances and leave it up to him to decode what sort of man he wants to be.

Thankfully most of the rest of us just get pissed off with his performances and leave it up to him to decode what sort of man he wants to be.

Cheers Jayo for the image of Pogba doing equations to work out how to be the best Pogba he can possibly be in life.

Ft4wGGF.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Going over now for the West Brom game this weekend.

Be some buzz about. Wooop.

Pogba, Matic, Herrera, McTominay. Assuming Fellaini is gone this Summer since he won't sign the damn contract, how many more CMs would we need to bring in this Summer? Let's assume Ander Herrera still has a football brain and Pogba won't be pimped out by Raiola.

Will depend on if Jose plans on using Andres Perreira or not.

I would say we need one Kroos/modric type player and another body. If saturday proves anything its that we need to go with 3 in the middle against the top top sides and for that you'd need at least 6 central midfielders. So for me its

1st Choice
    Matic
    Kroos/ Modric type
    Pogba

2nd
    ScottMc
    Herrera
    Perreira

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That trial over for Herrera what was the end result?

MagicIRL wrote: »

You lucky man you....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MagicIRL wrote: »

Hopefully it'll be better than last season's borefest.
    Enjoy.
    If you want a few civilized pre match pints then head to The Matchstick Man pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sam Luckhurst stating the obvious.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/983234938337136640

"Seemed telling on Saturday that majority of the players left out by Mourinho (Shaw, Blind and Darmian) probably won't be at #mufc next season. Fellaini seems as good as gone now, too."

brinty wrote: »
    Will depend on if Jose plans on using Andres Perreira or not.

I would say we need one Kroos/modric type player and another body. If saturday proves anything its that we need to go with 3 in the middle against the top top sides and for that you'd need at least 6 central midfielders. So for me its

1st Choice
    Matic
    Kroos/ Modric type
    Pogba

2nd
    ScottMc
    Herrera
    Perreira

I wonder if we'd have a hope of getting Kroos or Modric. They have been at Real for some good years. Maybe they want to see out their careers there, or maybe one of them will fancy a fresh challenge having won everything with Real, multiple times.

As for Pereira, I'm giving up hope of him being an option for us next season or ever. Nothing to do with his ability, it's just that he has expressed interest in staying in Spain beyond this season. Unfortunately, it seems that he sees his future away from United. Who knows, maybe Jose can entice him back.

In which case, we'd still need a proven starter. So that only adds to the Pereira situation - Would he come back to be an option? Especially when he would have to compete with other options in McTominay and Herrera also. I'm not sure he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The West Brom game will be an interesting one.

Will Jose look to stick with the same midfield three, which on paper is a conservative selection vs West Brom at home, or go for a more attacking midfield and either drop Pogba or drop him back into the midfield two.

Obviously the tactical instructions in either case can be attacking which could alliviate either complaint.

Lingard could be one to be dropped out of the team too - has performed excellently, but if we go with a midfield three (Matic/Herrera/Pogba) then I would think Martial or Rashford have to come in for Lingard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

More paper talk that Fred will be brought in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement