Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'd say Keane would love Herrera, has so much passion and fights for everything

The spitting thing a bit scummy but everyone I've showed it to loved it, including my friends that are pool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The West Brom game will be an interesting one.

Will Jose look to stick with the same midfield three, which on paper is a conservative selection vs West Brom at home, or go for a more attacking midfield and either drop Pogba or drop him back into the midfield two.

Obviously the tactical instructions in either case can be attacking which could alliviate either complaint.

Lingard could be one to be dropped out of the team too - has performed excellently, but if we go with a midfield three (Matic/Herrera/Pogba) then I would think Martial or Rashford have to come in for Lingard.

I think Ander has shown previously that he can play the box to box Role anyways so you could keep the midfield three with Pogba higher up. I agree with you dropping Lingard out but for Mata, an extra creative body and have Sanchez on the left. There will be no doubt we will be playing against a packed defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That Herrera gif at Watford gets me everytime. What a mad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Going over now for the West Brom game this weekend.

Be some buzz about. Wooop.

Load of City fans marched past my apartment the weekend chanting, (all 20 of em) was even better fun then how quiet it was after the game.

• Advertisement

Load of City fans marched past my apartment the weekend chanting, (all 20 of em) was even better fun then how quiet it was after the game.

It really was a stinger of a defeat for them the way it went down. Whatever about predicting a City win going into the derby, the turnaround between half-time and the end of the game must have halted the evening plans of tens of thousands of City fans.

At half-time - Messages going out in their thousands from City fans planning the celebrations once the the remaining 45 minute formality is seen to.

At full-time - "Ah, think I'm just going to head home mate" x thousands.

City players' reportedly had their kids decked out in the full-kits in preparation for the festivities and fireworks at full-time. Fúcking Sky Sports had to run a Thierry Henry Greatest Goals reel to fill the airtime :pac:

Major spanner thrown in the works all around the place last Saturday.

Ze7jhSA.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MrMac84 wrote: »
    More paper talk that Fred will be brought in

But Fred is already at the club ...............

Fred+Red+Manchester+United+v+Arsenal+Premier+tY7A8tQPS0bl.jpg

Just looking at the league table. It's mad how much the Top 4 race has changed in the last month or so. Up until then, it was very tight with the rest of the non-City Top 6 teams in with a decent chance of grabbing those other 3 CL spots.

Well, the Top 4 seems to be all but a forgone conclusion now bar us, Liverpool or Spurs having a complete omnishambles. It's staggering to see just how far Chelsea have dropped off and Arsenal too.

Chelsea the current champions, now 14 points behind us, 27 behind the current leaders.

I don't see the papers leading a narrative yet on this amazing collapse from Conte. Suppose not enough people give a bollix.

Here's something I did see though, finally some tidbits about Saturday's half-time talk. Herrera again...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-derby-carrick-young-14505625
    "Everyone [spoke out]," said Ander Herrera after the game.

"Of course the oldest guys with the most experience - Ash, Mike was in the dressing room - they have the power in their words but everyone was talking.

"We didn't talk too much about tactics, just about our pride and about the club - this club you can never underestimate it.
    "Our pride on the pitch and that our fans were going to have a difficult night if we got beaten.

"We did it for them and of course for us and our position but overall for them. I was thinking at half-time that it was going to be difficult for them if we got beaten so I'm happy for them."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

brinty wrote: »

Is that not Shaw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is that not Shaw?

Looking for his pie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Is that not Shaw?

Not even funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/983317310021820416

"Klopp says he is not sure he could have kept calm over Young tackle on Aguero. Said it was a clear penalty."

Fook off and mind your own business Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    Not even funny

Ah it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

"Klopp says he is not sure he could have kept calm over Young tackle on Aguero. Said it was a clear penalty."

The lad loses the plot at the drop of a hat, I'm not surprised at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11323870/ref-watch-man-city-had-certain-penalty-against-man-utd-says-dermot-gallagher

That’s a fair enough analysis from Gallagher. Basically there should of been a peno and nothing else. No red, no other peno, so effectively one big incident went in United’s favour.

Graham Souness has responded to Gallagher in his usual balanced way when the subject is man united

funny-explosion-animated-gif-5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Julez wrote: »
    The lad loses the plot at the drop of a hat, I'm not surprised at all.

Can you imagine the headlines over Jose commenting on a game he wasn't involved in. The double standards is frightening.

On Saturday, one thing I don't see mentioned a lot is the crowd 'Ole' stuff and party atmosphere the last 15 mins of the second half. United players were just not able to stem it either. As soon as the second half kicked off I could see a difference and also a drop in intensity from City and thought we had a chance, after all its only two goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

brinty wrote: »

If he was cm people might stop talking about Pogbas hair ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can you imagine the headlines over Jose commenting on a game he wasn't involved in. The double standards is frightening.

On Saturday, one thing I don't see mentioned a lot is the crowd 'Ole' stuff and party atmosphere the last 15 mins of the second half. United players were just not able to stem it either. As soon as the second half kicked off I could see a difference and also a drop in intensity from City and thought we had a chance, after all its only two goals.

kate-upton-game-of-war.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nalz wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen them eat the croissants or drink the orange juice?

Only ever seen Neil Custis do it ;)

Martin Samuel a few years back made a joke about the fake food for show, and was told it was real. So they all started tucking in. Was pretty funny.

For a while after when he'd be on and they did the initial camera pan around for introductions, he'd be taking a bite out of something and giving the camera a little wink :)

adox wrote: »
    That first half still shouldn’t be forgotten though as it’s whats a huge part of the problem at the club. We were very lucky to be in a position to claw the game back in the second half. City should have been out of sight.

Not trying to put a downer on the result as it was fantastic, and the first half is probably a discussion for another day but we shouldn’t gloss over it either.

Absolutely agree with this.

After the comedown, I woke up Sunday morning fully wanting Chris Smalling ejected from the club. He's brutal, and how he doesn't give away 15 penalities a season for his constant shirt pulling is amazing

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think it was Doc who called that during the week. City's midfield isn't amazing defensively and heir defence is poor under pressure.

Should probably say that it was an opinion I had, that I wish I would see tested and see what happens. City while a good team, have been allowed play so often at their own pace and what they are comfortable with.

The Liverpool game, and our second half, I would take it as a bit of evidence for the belief I had.

Looking even at Pogba's goals, ghosting midfielder with no City midfielder around him or near him.

Compare that to Herrera and Matic tracking their CM's into our box, and to be fair Pogba too, who I thought showed a lot more determination in his tracking runs second half then had does generally.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ah the football has been good this weekend

Will say this..
    Where has Herrera been all season, if he could play like that on a consistent basis we'd be so much better for it. He was everwhere, and broke up the play brilliantly.

Whatever about the teamsheet, but in the game itself, the midfield looked more balanced. And that three is what a lot of people wanted to see for Pogba, but we got Mctominany instead.

Herrera is the archetype to be in there. Box to box, great engine, slick passer, good tackler. Just an all round good midfielder. He makes good tracking runs, and while was providing another attacking midfielder presence, he was also providing cover alongside Matic while Pogba tracked back.

If you were looking to create a replicated environment for Pogba(and I've come around to there is a certain place that goes too, before Pogba himself needs to step up) Herrera is the closest thing to Vidal we have, they are the same mould of player, and it's an important piece of the midfield three.

Call me old fashioned but if Pogba managed to tog out for Utd for a few games without a changed hair colour it might show that he is concentrating on his game rather than on how many new Social Media followers he can get.It must kill the likes of Phil Jones and Matic to have a lad coming into training every few days with a different hairstyle.

Pogba was anonymous yesterday in first half,his 2 goals in 2nd half helped change the course of the game undoubtedly but he is not performing consistently yet in a Utd Jersey.
    Hopefully next season the potential he possesses turns into consistent performances in games....even if he has to ‘lose’ a bit of the crazy hairstyles for that to happen.

You are old fashioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be fair it was a pen all day long. First time I saw it I thought it should have been a red but after seeing it a couple of times its just a yellow.

On a side note I'm delighted it wasn't given as I want City to crumble as much as possible before tomorrow night haha.

On a serious note, the talk of Pogba being "distracted" is utter nonsense. It's excuses he wouldn't make himself and no one should be making for him.

To suggest that a player by changing his hair or having an interest in unique hair, somehow impacts his focus,determination, training or physical attributes, is utter garbage. And we all know it. So lets do each other a BIG favour and stop talking about it. Let the Paul Mersons of this world spin that utter bollox.

What is being put forward as "distractions" by a certain demographic and profile of support/pundit/journalist, I find it ironic since they would have been present during an era of excessive binge drinking, drinking in general, drugs use and late night partying and womanising, but yet celebrate in some weird twist, retrospectively how "he'd go out and play a stormer".

Pogba is a person and is utterly free to do what he sees fit in his spare time that doesn't breach his contract or be behaviour deemed as negatively impacting for an athlete, and everything else, is simply put no ones ****ing business,and shouldn't be their interest.

• Mr.H wrote: »
    To be fair it was a pen all day long. First time I saw it I thought it should have been a red but after seeing it a couple of times its just a yellow.

On a side note I'm delighted it wasn't given as I want City to crumble as much as possible before tomorrow night haha.

That's not the point Cantonas Collars is making

Mr.H wrote: »

Of course it was a penalty and the fact 8t wasn't given is fantastic but it's something that klopp doesn't need to be talking about or comenting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’d say Klopp is just like the rest of them. Sickened :pac:

Ah come on I doubt klopp was trying to make a point about it. I'm sure he doesn't give a ****. He was asked what he thought and he said that he would go mad if it was against him. I'm sure most managers asked that question would have said the same. He was asked because it was city and Liverpool play them next. I doubt he is actually enraged.

• Advertisement

I’d say Klopp is just like the rest of them. Sickened

Why exactly would he be sickened?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dropped points in a game you would have expected him to win, and then we got three points in a game we were expected to lose. That gap grows between us and Pool now.

TheDoc wrote: »
    On a serious note, the talk of Pogba being "distracted" is utter nonsense. It's excuses he wouldn't make himself and no one should be making for him.

To suggest that a player by changing his hair or having an interest in unique hair, somehow impacts his focus,determination, training or physical attributes, is utter garbage. And we all know it. So lets do each other a BIG favour and stop talking about it. Let the Paul Mersons of this world spin that utter bollox.

What is being put forward as "distractions" by a certain demographic and profile of support/pundit/journalist, I find it ironic since they would have been present during an era of excessive binge drinking, drinking in general, drugs use and late night partying and womanising, but yet celebrate in some weird twist, retrospectively how "he'd go out and play a stormer".

Pogba is a person and is utterly free to do what he sees fit in his spare time that doesn't breach his contract or be behaviour deemed as negatively impacting for an athlete, and everything else, is simply put no ones ****ing business,and shouldn't be their interest.

I was listening to this being discussed on radio. They compared it to players who used to wear white boots in the 90s. If you wore white boots you were expected to be good or really talented , otherwise you stuck out like a sore thumb and looked stupid.

I think it’s prob more closer to Zlatan. His arrogance and publicly trolling everybody (with class in all fairness) is backed up with on field performances. Pogbas performances for united thus far haven’t justified the money united spent on him.

His online stuff and emoji pastime things bring him more attention and it annoys some fans , rightly IMO. People respect players who they feel are committed to their football first. It’s not that Pogba does his online stuff or changes his hair , it’s that he’s keeping himself in the limelight even when he’s playing poor.

I also think Pogba has a more Berbatov demeaner on the pitch then maybe a Herrera. He appears disinterested and unwilling to bust a gut. I’m not saying that’s what he does by the way, I’m saying he doesn’t look bothered in some games.

Maybe Pogba needs to spend a bit of time offline and maybe stick with one haircut for awhile even to give the appearance that he’s trying to knuckle down. Otherwise poor performances will be highlighted more as he gives people more reasons to think he’s not entirely focused on his football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Dropped points in a game you would have expected him to win, and then we got three points in a game we were expected to lose. That gap grows between us and Pool now.

Liverpool expected to win on Saturday? I doubt that considering the changes that were made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was listening to this being discussed on radio. They compared it to players who used to wear white boots in the 90s. If you wore white boots you were expected to be good or really talented , otherwise you stuck out like a sore thumb and looked stupid.

I think it’s prob more closer to Zlatan. His arrogance and publicly trolling everybody (with class in all fairness) is backed up with on field performances. Pogbas performances for united thus far haven’t justified the money united spent on him.

His online stuff and emoji pastime things bring him more attention and it annoys some fans , rightly IMO. People respect players who they feel are committed to their football first. It’s not that Pogba does his online stuff or changes his hair , it’s that he’s keeping himself in the limelight even when he’s playing poor.

I also think Pogba has a more Berbatov demeaner on the pitch then maybe a Herrera. He appears disinterested and unwilling to bust a gut. I’m not saying that’s what he does by the way, I’m saying he doesn’t look bothered in some games.

Maybe Pogba needs to spend a bit of time offline and maybe stick with one haircut for awhile even to give the appearance that he’s trying to knuckle down. Otherwise poor performances will be highlighted more as he gives people more reasons to think he’s not entirely focused on his football!
    Disagree.

I don't see how forcing someone to not be who they are is gonna make them a better player.

He isn't getting his hair cut or tweeting while he shoukd be training.

Wtf does it matter to people what he does in his private time.

If you have proof he isn't trying in training or games then have a go. Expressing his personality, which hurts, insults or belittles anyone, in his daily life? How fecking dare anyone judge him in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Liverpool expected to win on Saturday? I doubt that considering the changes that were made.

They were playing "oh hi Liverpool,here let me roll over for you" everton, who are **** anyway. Of course they expected to win.

They didn't win a game they should have won and were expected to win, it happens.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If you have proof he isn't trying in training or games then have a go. Expressing his personality, which hurts, insults or belittles anyone, in his daily life? How fecking dare anyone judge him in that way.

Do you disagree with Rio for criticizing him and Lingard that time for uploading videos of them dancing in dressing room when the team wasn't performing? Might not be exactly the same thing, but interested to know what you think.

This stuff does annoy fans and ex players alike for a reason.

What TSC said. Every Liverpool fan I know has been of the opinion that it’s only a matter of time until they overtake United. I’ve read it here too.
    They may still but that weekend makes it more unlikely.
    I’m sure a lot of the players and staff would have been thinking similar.

• Nalz wrote: »
    Do you disagree with Rio for criticizing him and Lingard that time for uploading videos of them dancing in dressing room when the team wasn't performing? Might not be exactly the same thing, but interested to know what you think.

This stuff does annoy fans and ex players alike for a reason.

It annoys the older generation and its also great for pundits to latch onto when in reality it has nothing got to do with a football match. It's just pure spoofing for the sake of it

People forget what age Pogba is growing up in

Times have changed

I said this before but it's like auld lads moaning about today's music

Disagree.

I don't see how forcing someone to not be who they are is gonna make them a better player.

He isn't getting his hair cut or tweeting while he shoukd be training.

Wtf does it matter to people what he does in his private time.

Who said anything about forcing him to do anything?

Let’s not pretend he doesn’t know what he is doing, particularly with the way he promotes brand Pogba. It’s a money making side earner for him, not just a person making a personal fashion statement.

Footballers like Pogba, who court attention are going to get more attention, good or bad.

Where did I say he wasn’t trying?

1 goal 4 assists at the weekend

#MemphisWatch

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    1 goal 4 assists at the weekend

#MemphisWatch

I prefer my Tag Heur.

What TSC said. Every Liverpool fan I know has been of the opinion that it’s only a matter of time until they overtake United. I’ve read it here too.
    They may still but that weekend makes it more unlikely.
    I’m sure a lot of the players and staff would have been thinking similar.

I think most Liverpool fans dont care about overtaking ye. What to finish 2nd? haha yea thats an achievement :rolleyes:

I think most Liverpool fans dont care about overtaking ye. What to finish 2nd? haha yea thats an achievement :rolleyes:

I never said it was an achievement. It was just expected. You can tell from the match thread that people really did care, a lot were absolutely disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think you should re-evaluate your position.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »
    Who said anything about forcing him to do anything?

Let’s not pretend he doesn’t know what he is doing, particularly with the way he promotes brand Pogba. It’s a money making side earner for him, not just a person making a personal fashion statement.

Footballers like Pogba, who court attention are going to get more attention, good or bad.

Where did I say he wasn’t trying?

Pogbas character now is the same as when he was in the youths. I don't think it's an act. I think it is Pogba being himself.

You want t him to not express his personality unless he is playing well.

If you don't think he isn't trying then what does it matter what he does in the many hours he has away from Carrington and old Trafford? He's not drinking or partying all hours, things that could effect his performance levels. He's getting a haircut and having a laugh on social media.

Big. Fecking. Whoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

M!Ck^ wrote: »

But today's music is rubbish....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

But today's music is rubbish....

You can say that again jimmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Ahhhh yes............that explains the last 27 years.

First or nothing huh!!!!!

Pogbas character now is the same as when he was in the youths. I don't think it's an act. I think it is Pogba being himself.

You want t him to not express his personality unless he is playing well.

If you don't think he isn't trying then what does it matter what he does in the many hours he has away from Carrington and old Trafford? He's not drinking or partying all hours, things that could effect his performance levels. He's getting a haircut and having a laugh on social media.

Big. Fecking. Whoop.

Where did I say he wasn’t trying? Stop saying something I never said!!!

Where did I say I didn’t want him expressing who he is?

You don’t seem to be getting my point at all Mitch.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It annoys the older generation and its also great for pundits to latch onto when in reality it has nothing got to do with a football match. It's just pure spoofing for the sake of it

People forget what age Pogba is growing up in

Times have changed

Is that todays todays music or our todays musics because todays todays music is terrible

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement