Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Independent saying that United have cooled their interest in Bale who could be heading to Inter Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Here’s something to think about.

Look at Chelsea’s plans for Stamford Bridge. The stadium will be flattened, the pitch dug up and a brand new stadium will be built in the exact location.

Spurs are doing what Chelsea are doing but slightly moving the position of the stadium by about 200 metres.

If United built a brand new stadium 500 metres away from Old a Trafford would it be any different to what Chelsea and or Spurs are doing?

So is it purely the location of the grass that matters? If that moves in any way then it’s a new stadium and the old one is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Danny Welbeck in great form for Arsenal.

Lacazette has been a flop for them so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    Danny Welbeck in great form for Arsenal.

Lacazette has been a flop for them so far

Should never have sold him.

:pac:

Anyway, football.

Full team against the Baggies then rest a few mid week against Bournemouth before Spurs in the cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    Here’s something to think about.

Look at Chelsea’s plans for Stamford Bridge. The stadium will be flattened, the pitch dug up and a brand new stadium will be built in the exact location.

Spurs are doing what Chelsea are doing but slightly moving the position of the stadium by about 200 metres.

If United built a brand new stadium 500 metres away from Old a Trafford would it be any different to what Chelsea and or Spurs are doing?

So is it purely the location of the grass that matters? If that moves in any way then it’s a new stadium and the old one is gone?
    the people who have been against it have been arguing against knocking the stadium at all, would prefer a refurb of the stadium as it as.

My opinion is if you would be knocking down OT to build over it, it is a waste of time and resources to do so - just build to the west of the stadium.

Anyway, football.

Full team against the Baggies then rest a few mid week against Bournemouth before Spurs in the cup?

I think we will see some rotation - I think Rashford has to come into the side. At the same time I would like to see if we can continue on from where we left off last weekend.

Will be interesting to read to the teamsheet when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-city-derby-ander-herrera-half-time-team-talk-a8294851.html

Herrera:
    Today was not about tactics. At half-time we just talked about the pride, about the club, this club you can never underestimate it,” he said.

It’s funny that it seems to Happen quite regularly that united play poor and people automatically presume it’s all the manager. If they play better or react positively it’s all the players. The irony is that united didn’t need last minute winners or make superb comebacks under SAF because they had been playing well or being very effective up until they needed to drag themselves back into games. It’s a quality (getting back into games) Jose has that united haven’t shown since SAF and yet it’s been spoken about in the negative with Jose!!

If Jose didn’t actually say to Pogba “I want you to play more forward” then it’s a case that the players were unable to impose the team tactics in first half. Even if it was a case of a slight switch it doesn’t explain the performance or shift in momentum. The players were clearly more up for it in the second half, that’s something tactics doesn’t solve - player application.

I know people will say “yeh but SAF mostly attacked first”. While he was generally a more attacking coach in his earlier years at United , in the latter years he quite frequently reverted to a more conservative approach , particularly after a defeat , when he knew winning or not losing two games in a row was important for team morale.

Against weaker teams united would be attacking under SAF but why do people think the likes of Park were so integral for a period ? Particularly in big games. We also had Carrick and Heargreaves (or O Shea), two defensive kind of midfielders. Carrick was perhaps less defensive but he wasn’t overly attacking , more of a neutral proper central midfielder. I remember the oldies on RTE would constantly complain about carrick passing sideways but being tidy and efficient was carricks role.

But that aside , whatever about Jose’s more defensive tactics I don’t get how people still question his ability’s or why some people presume if the team is not playing well that it’s automatically the coach. We have one of the most successful coach’s of his generation on one side and a squad of players who most people agree should be doing better but these players have done little collectively for us to be confident that they aren’t the problem when things aren’t going well.

I’m not saying the players are all at fault, but you can’t have it both ways. Yuh can’t laud the players for pulling back a deficit and always blame the manager when things don’t work out. There is issues on both sides (players and manager) but I feel that it’s starting to come together. A good transfer summer and we will be proper challengers for the big tournaments next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Speaking of ****, I wonder how many you had today when you came back and saw all those likes for your post

Ah bless. You’re one of those people...

I think we will hammer westbrom this weekend.

Sanchez hat trick, lukaku and pogba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have three Utd players and Lukaku as captain in this week's FF. Also triggered the triple captain bonus. As a Liverpool fan this has me seriously conflicted.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I have three Utd players and Lukaku as captain in this week's FF. Also triggered the triple captain bonus. As a Liverpool fan this has me seriously conflicted.

Team bias should never come into FF. If you do that you are fooked from the offset.
    Salah is my hero this season despite playing for the Scousers.

Should never have sold him.

:pac:

He actually shouldnt have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

He hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he left, we had (you could argue still have) enough players who were brilliant for 1 or 2 games then muck for a month.
    If he was still around Rashford wouldn't have got as much time.
    He has also been injury prone since he left, United's physios are already overworked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He has been absolute gack for Arsenal. Even their fans will tell you that, Plenty of strikers have good runs but it doesn’t mean they are up to the standard..

Anyways United wanted to loan him out for a Season and he forced a move through to a Rival at the time so fûck him, couldn’t care less what he does with them

astradave wrote: »
    He has been absolute gack for Arsenal. Even their fans will tell you that, Plenty of strikers have good runs but it doesn’t mean they are up to the standard..

Anyways United wanted to loan him out for a Season and he forced a move through to a Rival at the time so fûck him, couldn’t care less what he does with them

Arsenal....a rival???

He has been good for them, unlucky with injuries but when fit is very good.

Arsenal....a rival???

At the time... yes

Welbeck discussion??

It's like deja vu..........all over again. :)

Just let it go lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Arsenal....a rival???

Yeah you're right they weren't rivals, a team that finished above you for the past 4 seasons couldn't be considered a rival. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Welbeck discussion??

It's like deja vu..........all over again. :)

Just let it go lads.

Tclevs23... what a b aller, never should've let him go... has had a great career with Watford and Everton since departing....

Anderson... he was a little fat but have fabregas and gerrard been taken out of his arse pocket yet!!!!!

Nani... massively under appreciated... surely its time we brought him b ack from exile....

The Memphis lad ripping it up in Lyon... time to trigger his release clause....

That janujaz boy, we should sign him now before moyes tries getting him for West ham....

am i doing it right!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Liverpool got Roma
    Bayern v Real

Christ they're going to be unbearable to listen to for the next while

Liverpool madrid final. Ronaldo hat trick.

Priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

brinty wrote: »
    Liverpool got Roma
    Bayern v Real

Christ their going to be unbearable to listen to for the next while
     I don't know if the guys on here saw but at 9 oclock this morning Roma's website had tickets for sale for a home leg v Liverpool on the 2nd of April , (it was reported all morning on line screen shots) It was then taken down after 15 minutes  but its exactly how the draw with dates and all has worked out,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Liverpool got Roma
    Bayern v Real

Don't think you'll find too many Real fans in here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool madrid final. Ronaldo hat trick.

Priceless

Liverpool nothing to lose. Getting to final this season would be great, and considering Real's defence I would think we could out score Ronaldo with Mane Firmino and Salah. Could be just that, out score them in final, that we can do if both teams get there.

I don't know if the guys on here saw but at 9 oclock this morning Roma's website had tickets for sale for a home leg v Liverpool on the 2nd of April , (it was reported all morning on line screen shots) It was then taken down after 15 minutes  but its exactly how the draw with dates and all has worked out,

#notafix. ;);)

Arsenal....a rival???

No, he really hasn't.

He is having a good run right now. This is not how his Arsenal career has been.

Don't try to make him out to be something he is not.

The guy has potential, and maybe he is starting to realise it - but to say he has been 'very good' is just such utter sh1t. I reckon you would stuggle to find an Arsenal fan who would describe him as VERY GOOD for them over the last few seasons.

8 goals.
    5 goals.
    4 goals.
    10 goals (this season, off what i have already said is a good run at the moment).

If he continues this form on a consistent basis, then he will be 'very good' for them. Up until this patch, just stop your lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If UFEA were going to fix it wouldn't they want to keep Bayern and Real apart more so than Liverpool/Roma and Real?

If UFEA were going to fix it wouldn't they want to keep Bayern and Real apart more so than Liverpool/Roma and Real?

I would also guess their ticketing system (and i'd say the same for all clubs) would have been set up after wednesday night to sell tickets for any possible outcome.

Funny that the one that leaked has gone on to be the real tie, but I'd honestly put it down to being prepared, and a glitch.

• Advertisement

But would Real fancy there chance's over Bayern in a one off or over two legs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sure look, every possible combination can be worked into a "fix" scenario. This one will now lead to claims that UEFA wanted Madrid and Liverpool in the final. Quite why they would particularly want that, I'm not sure.

OR, how about maybe they fixed it this year so that it actually didn't look like a fix so people won't be suspicious next year when it's fixed exactly how they want it! :p

Don’t know how anyone could discount Roma from that tie. They are great at home, haven’t let in a goal in Europe at home this season and won’t play into pools hands like City.. two great Semi’s imo

astradave wrote: »
    Don’t know how anyone could discount Roma from that tie. They are great at home, haven’t let in a goal in Europe at home this season and won’t play into pools hands like City.. two great Semi’s imo
    Roma are a good side but surely there the 4th favourites in the bookies eyes for a reason .
    Real and Bayer are more consistent so your more likely to catch Roma on a bad night than the other two .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kind of sickens me what we've become - wishing Liverpool the worst in the CL as we sit and watch at home green with envy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Kind of sickens me what we've become - wishing Liverpool the worst in the CL as we sit and watch at home green with envy.

Thats been my motto all my life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Even if Liverpool do make it to the final, we all know how great Klopp's record is in finals :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Even if Liverpool do make it to the final, we all know how great Klopp's record is in finals :p

I'd rather they didn't get that close, I actually want to watch the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hope the team are ****ing sick with themselves looking at how winnable that Champions League is after bottling it against an average Sevilla team.

I'd fancy a Roma Bayern Munich final myself. Think Liverpool rely too much on Salah and if he's kept quiet like in the United fixture then Roma will have an easy job.

But anyway, **** it - am sitting in the Airport waiting to go to Manchester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Really hope Lukaku gets on the scoresheet over the weekend and continues to do so in the coming weeks. He's on target to hit 30 goals this season and 31 would put him amongst a select few players who have scored over 30.

Sitting there in the upper echelons with Rooney, Ronaldo and RVN might make others appreciate him a little more.

• Advertisement

He's bound to get it right at some stage.

No, he really hasn't.

He is having a good run right now. This is not how his Arsenal career has been.

Don't try to make him out to be something he is not.

The guy has potential, and maybe he is starting to realise it - but to say he has been 'very good' is just such utter sh1t. I reckon you would stuggle to find an Arsenal fan who would describe him as VERY GOOD for them over the last few seasons.

8 goals.
    5 goals.
    4 goals.
    10 goals (this season, off what i have already said is a good run at the moment).

If he continues this form on a consistent basis, then he will be 'very good' for them. Up until this patch, just stop your lies.

Lies lol

I have friends who are arsenal fans and they think he is good for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Really hope Lukaku gets on the scoresheet over the weekend and continues to do so in the coming weeks. He's on target to hit 30 goals this season and 31 would put him amongst a select few players who have scored over 30.

Sitting there in the upper echelons with Rooney, Ronaldo and RVN might make others appreciate him a little more.

He stepped up for a few weeks where nobody seemed to care that the season was falling apart. If you give him service in and around the box he will score goals.

I just wonder if he will ever be the most capable back to goal player which would be more useful to Jose's system. The ball still bounces off him an awful lot and it ends a lot of promising attacks. His first touch in box is actually fine if he knows his 2nd or 3rd is going to be a shot but I'd like to see him improve with the defender coming in behind him 30-40 yards out.

Lies lol

Zombo_Meme_13042018134627.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hope the team are ****ing sick with themselves looking at how winnable that Champions League is after bottling it against an average Sevilla team.

I'd fancy a Roma Bayern Munich final myself. Think Liverpool rely too much on Salah and if he's kept quiet like in the United fixture then Roma will have an easy job.

But anyway, **** it - am sitting in the Airport waiting to go to Manchester!

That would have given us a path of Bayern then Real to the final, which is about the furthest thing from winnable tbh.

spiralism wrote: »
    That would have given us a path of Bayern then Real to the final, which is about the furthest thing from winnable tbh.

The draw would have been fixed differently if United was in it ;)

Liverpool nothing to lose. Getting to final this season would be great, and considering Real's defence I would think we could out score Ronaldo with Mane Firmino and Salah. Could be just that, out score them in final, that we can do if both teams get there.

Real's defence is superb if Ramos is playing. They looked frail without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lies lol

Ask the friends that actually watch football then.

You can't say Danny Welbeck would still do a job for us if he was here. As bad as out own forwards are he would not be in the team ahead of lukaku or Sanchez or martial or Rashford or Jesse or mata noway would he.

I always liked welbz he was a proper Manchester United youth player but he just wasn't good enough.

He has 64 goals on 288 games both Rashford and martial have nearly that and they both only around 2 or 3 years and less then half the games .

Lies lol

I have friends who are arsenal fans and they'd say he has been generally rubbish for them, with fleeting moments of goodness.

17 goals in 3 season. "Very good".

Good friend of mine works in an office full to the gills with liverpool fans, most of them ST holders. He's been relaying on some right shockers he's heard all morning like:

"doesn't matter who we were getting, we were gonna win anyways"

"wont bother going to the semi, i gave the city one a miss and i'll give this one too because i want to save money for Kiev"

"already ordered my 6 times tshirt off the website"

**** sake, im gonna have to put my plans for the summer on hold on account of this and go look for caves in outer mongolia to live in in case they win

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement