Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

spiralism wrote: »
    Yep. Swansea would have a game more to play as well.

Grand. I'd rather we be playing a team who are done then, than a team with aspirations of a relegation fight.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see a few players rested and a few players given a "last chance", so to speak. Rest Lukaku and Matic, play Martial and Rashford together, give Shaw some time, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Grand. I'd rather we be playing a team who are done then, than a team with aspirations of a relegation fight.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see a few players rested and a few players given a "last chance", so to speak. Rest Lukaku and Matic, play Martial and Rashford together, give Shaw some time, etc.

Nah **** em, aside from giving Matic a rest because he looks a bit knackered i'd be keen to see us give them a hiding. Kick on from last week like.

Lukaku plays every week almost without exception too, i'd be surprised to see him dropped.

I'd like to see us try some backline combination not involving Smalling this week though. Lindelof-Bailly could be worth a go and we haven't given Jones or Rojo a run out in weeks despite them being fit.

spiralism wrote: »
    Nah **** em, aside from giving Matic a rest because he looks a bit knackered i'd be keen to see us give them a hiding. Kick on from last week like.

We should be able to give them a smashing even without Lukaku. Martial is giving out about a lack of playing time, so Id like to see him prove why he should have it. If we can't beat West Brom, and beat them well, without Lukaku, we're in bigger trouble than we realise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Everytime I read Lukaku and West Brom in the same sentence I'm reminded of Fergies last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

What would you lads think about a punt on Ruben Neves of Wolves? Had an unbelievable season for Wolves (Championship fans saying he is the greatest player ever to grace the league). Seems to have unbelievable range of passing, reminds me of Scholes the way he strikes the ball. 21 years old and Portuguese, which might work in our favor.

Obligatory you tube videos above, check out his screamer against Derby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Neves was always a step above the championship couldn't believe he signed for them he is a very good young player but he could be made look like a superstar because he dropped down a level it will be I treating to see how he does next season if he stays with them.

If we wanted Maguire that shoulda been done last year. This year I think we should be going for Lascelles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It will be interesting to see if Wolves can retain most of the Mendes clients next season in the PL, I’m sure he convinced them to go there and show their worth and move on to better teams.

Neves was always the one that I thought stood out like the above, he is a cracking player and was already better than Wolves before he moved there. I can see a few Spanish teams move for him or the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. Dunno if Jose will but I’m sure he will have Mendes in his ear bigging him up.

pjohnson wrote: »
    If we wanted Maguire that shoulda been done last year. This year I think we should be going for Lascelles.

Alderweirald is who we should be putting everything into getting, he would be absolutely perfect for what we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

rekluse wrote: »

What would you lads think about a punt on Ruben Neves of Wolves? Had an unbelievable season for Wolves (Championship fans saying he is the greatest player ever to grace the league). Seems to have unbelievable range of passing, reminds me of Scholes the way he strikes the ball. 21 years old and Portuguese, which might work in our favor.

Spoke about him at the start of this season when he was joining wolves, would be a player on the radar for some time and I'm delighted he settled so well into the English game. Definitely be someone I'd take a close look at but if he could be left at wolves to see how he performs in the premier league it would obviously be better.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Alderweirald is who we should be putting everything into getting, he would be absolutely perfect for what we need

Yeah we need to add someone with experience and quality to the defence other then that I wouldn't be signing any more potential signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We should be able to give them a smashing even without Lukaku. Martial is giving out about a lack of playing time, so Id like to see him prove why he should have it. If we can't beat West Brom, and beat them well, without Lukaku, we're in bigger trouble than we realise...

It baffles me that Martial seems to be our only forward that always has to prove why he should get some game time. It's not like Mata, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, or for a few periods throughout the season- Lukaku, have been putting in Salah/de Bruyne like performances every week. When he has played Martial has been quite effective.

Well hes not English. If Shaw and one of Smalling/Jones plus retiring Carrick are all leaving could we be flying low on HG players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Obligatory you tube video with God awful music

It baffles me that Martial seems to be our only forward that always has to prove why he should get some game time. It's not like Mata, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, or for a few periods throughout the season- Lukaku, have been putting in Salah/de Bruyne like performances every week. When he has played Martial has been quite effective.

I think it’s more position wise no? He hasn’t been very effective in the games he has been given up top, mind you those are few and far between, but there is a lot of people that say he is a striker,(I don’t really agree he has always been more effective playing from the left where he can utilise his dribbling more).

Edit: forgive the babybrain.. I get ya now, I agree to an extent that he is the one that people says he needs to prove it, but the other side of the coin is that he is the only one giving out in the media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well hes not English. If Shaw and one of Smalling/Jones plus retiring Carrick are all leaving could we be flying low on HG players?

Nah we should still be fine in that regard

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I think it’s more position wise no? He hasn’t been very effective in the games he has been given up top, mind you those are few and far between, but there is a lot of people that say he is a striker,(I don’t really agree he has always been more effective playing from the left where he can utilise his dribbling more).

Well I'd agree if it's playing up top he's after then he has something to prove there. Although I thought he did well against Everton at the start of year in Lukaku's absence and has barely played there since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did Klopp mention the goal by Jesus last night? Long ball from Kompany and a goal from it.
    Maybe because it was City and not United it was a "direct pass". ;)

Nah we should still be fine in that regard

I think both Pereira's are homegrown, TFM aswell I think so yeah should be fine regardless.

Arsenal still haven't won an away league game where Sanchez hasn't scored for them.

He left in January :lol:

• Advertisement

Arsenal still haven't won an away league game where Sanchez hasn't scored for them.

He left in January :lol:

Well with 45 minutes to go we know who to blame if that changes.

I seen a stat during the first half that they have the lowest away points in any of the 4 divisions in 2018. 0 points picked up away from home. That’s mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial has the best minutes to goal ratio of any player at united. Hope he gets a start up top today beside lukaku

Lindelöf and Mata for Bailly and Lingard only changes

bangkok wrote: »
    Martial has the best minutes to goal ratio of any player at united. Hope he gets a start up top today beside lukaku

Mainly playing from the left where he has more space. He is excellent from there when he is on his game, he wouldn’t get that space playing up top

Lindelöf and Mata for Bailly and Lingard only changes

Makes sense to bring in Mata for this, no doubt that they will pack the defence so need someone to play thru the lines.longard more suited when teams are higher up the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think both Pereira's are homegrown, TFM aswell I think so yeah should be fine regardless.
    Do we really think TFM is going to contribute much next season? The guy hasn't kicked a ball since he wasn't allowed play against us. Sickener for him and not a great sign for his short term future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Still hate that back 4.

Mainly playing from the left where he has more space. He is excellent from there when he is on his game, he wouldn’t get that space playing up top

He also never got a run of games up top to see what he can do.

• Advertisement

You were saying........:):)

Top five finished garunteed anyway.

17 ahead of Arsenal and the only have 15 points left available to them.

So worst case scenario, we can go back and win the Europa League trophy again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

The legend in vidic is on sky today, what a player!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

3 signings that would be sound for the summer are Alderweireld (however you spell it), Tierney and Neves.

A new right back the season after and we are in good shape.

Ship out the deadwood.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Do we really think TFM is going to contribute much next season? The guy hasn't kicked a ball since he wasn't allowed play against us. Sickener for him and not a great sign for his short term future.

I reckon a season on loan in the prem at right back next season and he could potentially take over from Valencia the season after.

I've made it to america so hopefully I get good quality game now

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    3 signings that would be sound for the summer are Alderweireld (however you spell it), Tierney and Neves.

A new right back the season after and we are in good shape.

Ship out the deadwood.

Apart from Alderweirld the other 2 would only be squad players

Should be hammering these today. Hopefully a 5-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mata has already completely abandoned the right wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope Pogba gets a goal and DeGea keeps a clean sheet

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Mata has already completely abandoned the right wing

As instructed to do so by his manger. He isnt a right winger, only there on paper

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    As instructed to do so by his manger. He isnt a right winger, only there on paper

I know he is the roaming type of player but it makes the space really tight.

Upside, Mata and Sanchez are linking well. While Mata is roaming inwards, Sanchez seems to be staying wide so Mata isn't on his toes.

Mata and Sanchez, only a matter of time until one of them scores and the other gets the assist

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I know he is the roaming type of player but it makes the space really tight.

Yep but we have no proper wingers and part of the issue we have with the supply to lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I hate when McClean is playing for a team in not cheering for. Every time he sprints in for a tackle I wince

<3 DDG

Wake up everyone else

Rodríguez been the best player so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Sad goalkeepers don't really get considered for balon d'ors...if we were to pull off a big double next season de gea would be the biggest contributor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We'd be lost without DeGea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Everyone seems to want the ball to feet 30 yards out, nobody making penetrating runs, just allowing WBA to keep their shape.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement