Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wonder how many fouls they'll get to make before a yellow. The high press, get tight and team foul tactic needs to be clamped down on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Herrera's reputation going against him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ref is a coward a few times now.

No yellow for Brunt? What the ****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Should of called it back there for a dive.

Pogba never touched him

Sanchez looks good to create something today.

Pogba looks good to blast the ball into defenders with his attempts at shooting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Our attacking play has been poor so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Could do with a West Brom goal to wake them up a bit...

Hand of Pog

Yellow for it too.

• Advertisement

****ing stupid, no need atall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Such a stupid card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Lukaku needs to cloned so he can cross to himself

Stupid from Pogba but West Brom should have 3 or 4 yellow cards so far yet we get the first. Refs are so ****ing ****

Good work from Pogba in the build-up to that silly yellow card, shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Idiot Pogba.

How many feckin times has Lukaku delivered a perfect cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Our lack of movement off the ball is infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

They always look deflated against the lower teams after a big win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Our lack of movement off the ball is infuriating.

As you said yourself we are too narrow all done the left and the right side is empty it's so easy to defend against just keep the defenders narrow.

It would be great if we could make a few chances for Lukaku. The lad works his socks off and we have been giving him damn all lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Packed defence causing frustration but total control of the game and you fancy us to et a few if we can break through before half time

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    It would be great if we could make a few chances for Lukaku. The lad works his socks off and we have been giving him damn all lately

Great chance there for him but heavy touch

Brunt fouls to stop play from going for that free kick. Mother of Christ this ref is ****e.

Pogba does make some daft decisions sometimes

*here's hoping he makes me look like an eijit soon

Pogba is really frustrating me today.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Has had two today tbf

Really getting bored of Alexis. Think we were far better when it was Martial/Rashford on the left. He is standing to the right of Lukaku as a 2nd CF.

Pogba and Valencia providing width as Pogba hopelessly tries a lob.

Zinedine Herrera, nice.

A third man run and Valencia gets in behind. Why isn't that a feature of our game more often? So hard to defend against!

Again Pogba wider than Alexis before Mata then ends up wider left than Alexis.

Get rashford or martial on at ht and go 2 up front. West brom at home ffs

• Advertisement

I wont miss Brunt against us. His deliveries always worry me.

bangkok wrote: »
    Get rashford or martial on at ht and go 2 up front. West brom at home ffs

So we can have two players not being fed balls instead of one?

I'd be bringing on Lingard and either Rashford or Martial for the second half.

Take of Mata and Sanchez, they started well but they have just died off since.

Sanchez looks the more likely to do anything, so maybe just bring on Lingard for Mata

Another bruntal performance by pogba in terms of doin anything telling tbh. Takes too long and too careless with his passing

No issue with Sanchez positioning though he is left in general and comes inside a lot same as mata looking to create.

Sometimes he will end up beside lukaku, beyond lukaku whatever. No big deal for me.

West Brom doing well defensively, the crowd are ****e as always.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lord TSC wrote: »

We are actually basically playing with 3 up front a lot of the time.

Exercising good control of the game, however we have no one to run behind the defender. Lukaku is being asked to do far too much in too many different areas.

3 in CM is grand in this game, but we need Rashford, Martial or even Lingard in attack to run behind the defenders.

Herrera is getting the ball up to Lukaku, but it's bringing Lukaku out wide and/or further away from goal. We need one of the younger pacier players to receive that ball and play it into Lukaku.

Mata is playing well and Sanchez is working hard, but the two of them are like a 4th and 5th CM for us. Whatever about playing 3 in MF, I don't think any of us ever looked for 5 in there.

Another bruntal performance by pogba in terms of doin anything telling tbh. Takes too long and too careless with his passing

No issue with Sanchez positioning though he is left in general and comes inside a lot same as mata looking to create.

Sometimes he will end up beside lukaku, beyond lukaku whatever. No big deal for me.

West Brom doing well defensively, the crowd are ****e as always.

Sanchez AND Mata cutting so far in they cutting across each other is awful. One winger can afford to come inside with the other wide. Otherwise its a congested mess of bodies.

Lord TSC wrote: »

He is too easy to mark. Rashford/martial will pull defenders away giving both more space

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sanchez AND Mata cutting so far in they cutting across each other is awful. One winger can afford to come inside with the other wide. Otherwise its a congested mess of bodies.

You can see what the plan is but I'd agree it's not being executed effectively, wingers moving and switching around making runs should be a great way at unlocking this blanket defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’d haul Mata off and bring on one of the other three. So much space out on the right, West Brom are leaving Valencia one on one there as they no he’s sh.
    Having the likes of Rashford or Martial out there would either give them loads of space which they would use much better or they would drag more West Brom players over giving more space elsewhere.

Too pedestrian evrywhere.

Get both martial and rashford on asap. Game needs a bit of life.

bangkok wrote: »
    He is too easy to mark. Rashford/martial will pull defenders away giving both more space

Pull defenders away by running across and in between the lines the way Sanchez and Mata already are?

I'd argue it actually needs to go the other way a bit more like pjohnson has said a winger to be stretching them and running at them wider, Sanchez coul be doin that more. Mata never will

Also as an aside during the Lexus © one minute Alexis failed to clear the first man with a corner. How can we not take set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rashford on for Mata would be my call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Way to slow in possesion. No urgency in the team. Getting the ball in breaking positions and people jogging to support.

CAn't wait for West Brom to be relegated and have a season without them btw, their matches are absolutely brutal viewing.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Rashford on for Mata would be my call.

I can understand why mata started and maybe I'd give them another 10 minutes to get it right but yeah I'd have no issue with him coming off for either rashford or lingard at this point. I'd like to have seen martial play this game up top

Looks like Lingard is coming on anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jesse on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They all want to be a playmaker,how many times have we seen 4 or more of our players squeezed into a 5 square yard space at the edge of the WBA box. The only width down the right is Valencia as Mata keeps drifting inside and at times himself and Sanchez are literally in each others way.

Lingard coming on for the 2nd half might address our narrowness.

Lingard's kitted out and ready to go.

Jose reading Boards again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement