Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Next game out, start Lingard & Rashford

2 lads that actually give a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Despite all the attacking players on the pitch, the players offer very little width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pathetic and embarrassing. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Honestly the players should be ashamed of themselves after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Ridiculous display, I mean how can you play this badly knowing full well if you lose, you lose the title in front of your own fans? It's like we decided "no lads, City won't win the title against us, that'll add insult to injury" only to go "LADS WEST BROM LOL LET'S FIND A WAY TO LOSE!!!" so inconsistent it's ridiculous.

The penalty decision was bizarre but to be fair, the ref did have poor visibility on it.

No excuses, just p!ss poor from United, no passion from the players, no passion from Mourinho, just another performance where the players decide to just turn up for the paycheck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    He is in his Bollox..

Have you actually enjoyed watching United under Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Home fans starting to show their patience wearing thin for this.

Can't remember the last time the stadium had that many people leave before the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I look forward to how this is spun to being the managers fault

You're losing at home to the worst team in the PL. Most of your players today barely look arsed. You've played poorly at home yet again. You were embarrassed in the CL by playing big games in the same negative way as you've played most of the time under Mourinho's reign. I'd love to see how you can spin that this isn't his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Blow it up ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok, everything is so central, through the middle, almost like using width is prohibited in this team...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

astradave wrote: »
    He sucked the life out of them apparently

Just today like by having 5/6 attackers on the field against the bottom team in the league? I assume he hadn't sucked the life out of them when they won the games v city Liverpool Chelsea etc or was that somehow down to players but today is not their fault, as in how could they be expected to beat the worst team in the league, at home?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Outplayed and outclassed here today shame the loss gives city the title really we have been muck

By WBA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Who's to blame then? How can a team of expensive players hardly muster up a clear cut chance against league fodder. Lukaku had more chances per game when he played at west brom. That's down to coaching and team set up

Lots of boos.

Good. What we need now is Pogba to come out and do some dabbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Oh my.. well done West Brom

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I hope Pogba's agent starts pimping him out. Martial aswell can go to PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Shocking stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolute disgrace

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah well least it's official now. Be curious to see who gets dropped after this for the mid week game absolutely nothing to play for but the cup now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just so slow and lethargic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How many more Jay Rodriguez and Choupo-Motings get to do us in this season? It's been a disappointing one against the small teams.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    He’s right.

Very rarely, and in this case he is flat out wrong.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pathetic performance, embarrassing result, again.

Typical with this team for a number of years, one step forward, two steps back. Not even going to bother myself, just waiting for the summer to see what happens. Cause this is just not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The most uninspiring, spineless bunch of ***** I've ever seen play for United, wouldn't blink an eye at any of them being sold, nor would I particularly care if Mourinho left in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

FutureGuy wrote: »

Liverpool and City would have won this 5-0 and played a fantastic 90 minuets of football while they were at it.

Didn't liverpool draw nil all at home to wba?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lots of players just not good enough and need to be turfed out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just today like by having 5/6 attackers on the field against the bottom team in the league? I assume he hadn't sucked the life out of them when they won the games v city Liverpool Chelsea etc or was that somehow down to players but today is not their fault, as in how could they be expected to beat the worst team in the league, at home?

Tbf, if we can see it's not happening having Mata, Sanchez and Pogba all playing in the same area of the field and no width bar out sh1te FBs, then Mourinho should definitely be seeing it. That team line up should never happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

TheDoc wrote: »

And so they should, stupid insipid performance, that game bored me silly. Zero creativity, Pogba was a disgrace, after the highs of last week .... to this.:rolleyes:

Who's to blame then? How can a team of expensive players hardly muster up a clear cut chance against league fodder. Lukaku had more chances per game when he played at west brom. That's down to coaching and team set up

Do you think maybe, just maybe, the players might sort of have a little bit of responsibility for their own performances or is that only when they win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Can't really expect to beat the worst team in the league at home in Old Trafford when Pep has spent 30% more than us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheDoc wrote: »

Can't remember the last time the stadium had that many people leave before the final whistle.

I wished they’d have booed more. Disgraceful performance.

Last weeks 45 minutes was a false dawn.

Cowards the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

To be honest I was concerned last week when Jose started saying we aren’t as bad as people think and then saying he doesn’t need to spend much in the Summer. Today is a great reminder to him if he needs it that something big needs to change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lots of players just not good enough and need to be turfed out.

I think there's a distinction between "not good enough" and "don't seem to care enough".

There needs to be a call to arms of sorts this summer. If players aren't passionate about the club and he project, then out the door. We need to focus on players who desperately want to play for us and want to win every game possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

On a more positive note, Thierry Henry's beard is glistening in those studio lights.
    Every cloud!

Can't really expect to beat the worst team in the league at home in Old Trafford when Pep has spent 30% more than us.

Hahahahahhahahahhha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

On to Wednesday and then que sera sera what ever will be will be we're gonna get our (#$@/#) handed to us at Wembley que sera sera. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Poor player attitudes and poor coaching

GSPfan wrote: »
    To be honest I was concerned last week when Jose started saying we aren’t as bad as people think and then saying he doesn’t need to spend much in the Summer. Today is a great reminder to him if he needs it that something big needs to change.

Turf out the strutting ego-driven peacocks and lets see players play that actually give a sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Shambles. Don't know what to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

limnam wrote: »

Liverpool are playing football we can only dream about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Shocking performance but not too surprised either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We normally fall into groups of blaming the manager or blaming the players. I’m creating a new group where both of them are to blame. I’d normally be annoyed but I’ve lost the will.

bangkok wrote: »
    Liverpool are playing football we can only dream about

So go support them, it will make you much happier. Then when you have a bad result you can talk about how well you played in defeat, no downside at all for you.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think there's a distinction between "not good enough" and "don't seem to care enough".

There needs to be a call to arms of sorts this summer. If players aren't passionate about the club and he project, then out the door. We need to focus on players who desperately want to play for us and want to win every game possible.

Some of them dont deserve anymore chances. Martial whinged about not having a chance, got a chance and did nothing. Pogba had a freak 45 against City before normal service resumed. Enough. Pogba didnt even seem to care strolling off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

of course it's not the manager's fault for losing insipidly at home to West Brom.

Powerless to stop it he was..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

2 early goals to a shocking defence and the rest of the game they were dire. Just because you win does not you played great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Absolutely fcking useless.

Not a single good performance.

An encapsulation of the mourinho approach and squad problems. Absolutely no width against a side happy to sit deep and narrow. Stupid. Valencia useless. Young cutting back and inside. Sanchez coming inside. Mata coming inside. No space for anything. Stupid. Mata was absolutely terrible. Did nothing with his passes. Constantly just dropping the pass backwards to safety, no ambition or creativity.

Madtual comes on and soon after we remove the left back and thus martial is isolated against two or three defenders.

Taking Pogba off was stupid too. Another ineffective performance but abandoning any shape in midfield wasn't going to help and mata staying on instead of him just was not a good call.

The players were poor, the manager poor, the tactics poor, the substitutions poor.

Just everything that is wrong with mourinho and united in one match. Nothing redeeming from it. Just pathetic.

So go support them, it will make you much happier. Then when you have a bad result you can talk about how well you played in defeat, no downside at all for you.

He'd probably start praising United then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

limnam wrote:

Ye didn't draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought Jose’s subs were really poor too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement