Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ha ha. Sky rolling out the VT they had ready for last week for City winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I think we might be seeing the end of Pogbas United career once and for all.

The guy is only interested in glory he doesn't fight for a team when he's really needed.

The players just don't seem interested. I dunno what Fergie was doing to them but since he's left its as if the teacher everyone's afraid of who everyone respects is out sick and everyone's acting the fool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

dfx- wrote: »
    of course it's not the manager's fault for losing insipidly at home to West Brom.

Powerless to stop it he was..

Barring togging out himself today what exactly would you expect more of him? Are you trying to say he didn't go for it?

The mental gymnastics done to avoid seeing what's in front of your eyes must tire you out does it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cnuts in my WhatsApp group giving it large now, Liverpool fans celebrating City winning the league.I suppose they aren't used to doing it with their own club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do you think maybe, just maybe, the players might sort of have a little bit of responsibility for their own performances or is that only when they win?

Do you think that maybe just maybe the manager should share in the responsibility just a bit more as he picks the players and the tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Do you think maybe, just maybe, the players might sort of have a little bit of responsibility for their own performances or is that only when they win?

If it was a few players then maybe yes, but when they all are playing below standard it points to a coach. Jose can't/won't change formations until too late and then it's a case of throw on all the attackers so they stand together in a bunch up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Mr.H wrote: »
    Ye didn't draw

He didn’t say they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Cnuts in my WhatsApp group giving it large now, Liverpool fans celebrating City winning the league.I suppose they aren't used to doing it with their own club.

That's just weird. Why anyone would celebrate one of the sugar daddy clubs winning anything is beyond me. But Liverpool fans tend to be a weird bunch at the best of times :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Barring togging out himself today what exactly would you expect more of him? Are you trying to say he didn't go for it?

The mental gymnastics done to avoid seeing what's in front of your eyes must tire you out does it?

Again, you lost at home to a side that's won one match since September before today. It's United at home to one of the worst WBA teams in years and they turned you over. Whether or not he went for it, they were a team without hope, expecting to be turned over and you couldn't beat them. Quite how you can't see that is bewildering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

The atmosphere was very poor in old Trafford too. We need to do something to change it into a cauldron that puts fear into the visiting teams. Make them feel unwelcome.

Let's see....

Just an idea, but we could start throwing bottles and other such missiles at the visiting team bus as they make their way into the stadium.

It might just be the spark we need to beat the likes of the mighty West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Maybe coach some sort of attacking philosophy into the side? Any other top side has movement, patterns, off the ball runs etc. Basically, they have ideas with what to do with the ball and how to get it to their most effective players in the most dangerous areas. We just lump crosses into the box. It's not the first game this season where we've been so blunt as an attacking unit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How the heck was Matic beaten so easily at the far post for that header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Can't really expect to beat the worst team in the league at home in Old Trafford when Pep has spent 30% more than us.

Was waiting for you to whip that nonsense out of your back pocket.

Can't expect the worlds best attacking manager and the best team in the league to throw away a 2-0 goal lead to pick up the title in front of their fans against a team who can't beat the worst team in the league.

Football eh.

It's mad ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The formation after 60 minutes became a muddled mess with no shape, cohesion or plan. Just throwing players at a problem with absolutely no plan.

No width, at any point, in the match was a huge problem.

Mourinho building a squad that had no functional ability to consistently create or cause problems at either full back positions or anyone at all on the right wing is a consistent problem.

This performance was a full encapsulation of the United problems with respect to both the players and the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Strumms wrote: »
    How the heck was Matic beaten so easily at the far post for that header

because try as he might he is a midfielder not a defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Smalling Valencia Shaw Fellaini and Blind can all go.

De Gea Pogba and Martial need to be kept at any cost.

Pogba and Martial are suffering in the system and that's Mourinhos fault.

Salah and De Bruyne both suffered recently under Mourinho and look at them now.

Maybe coach some sort of attacking philosophy into the side? Any other top side has movement, patterns, off the ball runs etc. Basically, they have ideas with what to do with the ball and how to get it to their most effective players in the most dangerous areas. We just lump crosses into the box. It's not the first game this season where we've been so blunt as an attacking unit either.

Yep if only we played like Arsenal.

Agree with Vidic here...ZERO width, poor tactics, players deserve flack but no good in absolving Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I had a long post wrote detailing my exact feelings and reasoning for said feelings, but on reflection this place just isn't worth it. **** this thread, I have nothing more to contribute to it. There are some good posters in here but there is just too many absolute dickheads to waste more time here.

Enjoy the world cup

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

That's just weird. Why anyone would celebrate one of the sugar daddy clubs winning anything is beyond me. :pac:
    Says the Man U fan in Galway lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

dfx- wrote: »
    of course it's not the manager's fault for losing insipidly at home to West Brom.

Powerless to stop it he was..

****e manager so be is. Past it. Let's all meltdown

Ye didn't draw

You might have missed the point.

But it's expected.

because try as he might he is a midfielder not a defender

Come on, a footballer 6’3”...defender or not he can or should be able to head a ball:(

That's just weird. Why anyone would celebrate one of the sugar daddy clubs winning anything is beyond me. But Liverpool fans tend to be a weird bunch at the best of times :pac:

Maybe its just mates (I am guessing they are) just rubbing it in as you team lost. I do it with all my friends who support different teams to me (Aston Villa, Arsena, Manchester United, Chelsea)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

United humiliated at home by WBA and all the fans can talk about is Liverpool. Hilarious.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Smalling Valencia Shaw Fellaini and Blind can all go.

De Gea Pogba and Martial need to be kept at any cost.

Salah and De Bruyne both suffered recently under Mourinho and look at them now.

For all his talent, Martial’s attitude stinks. Didn’t try a leg when he came on and I wouldn’t care too much if he wasn’t around next season.

How did Mata survive 3 substitutions today? Worst performance I’ve ever seen from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

For all his talent, Martial’s attitude stinks. Didn’t try a leg when he came on and I wouldn’t care too much if he wasn’t around next season.

I reckon it's his attitude towards the system. A more attacking minded manager to let him loose and I bet we see a different player. Same with Pogba.

That stupid flick he did lost the ball and made absolutely no attempt to get back drove me fcking crazy.

If anyone wants to know why he doesn't start that's _exactly_ why imo.

• Advertisement

I reckon it's his attitude towards the system. A more attacking minded manager to let him loose and I bet we see a different player. Same with Pogba.

He was guilty of it under van Gaal too. If Mourinho is sticking around he needs players that are going to give their all and he doesn’t.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Let’s face a few facts.

-we have spent 90 million on an aloof, disinterested Pogba who trots around and does little more than showboat. 45 mins against City means ****all when you can’t do it tona quarter of that level week in week out.

- we are team who should be nowhere near the top four only for our goalkeeper.

- we buy Lukaku and then have no one capable of supplying him from wide positions.

- a lot of our team seem disinterested.

- We are fcuking awful to watch. I cannotbremember the last time I enjoyed watching a game.

- Mourinho is a coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Going to a two man midfield was a stupid sub leaving Pogba in a two. Should have brought on some with.

I’d no issue with Pogba npbeing subbed per say as he was again boerderline embarrassing for such a high profile player, but leaving Matic as the only midfielder was really stupid.

Throwing attacking players on for the sake of it does not make the team more attacking.

It was shambolic on and off the pitch.

I wouldn’t be upset to see anyone leave (bar maybe DemGea) and that includes the manager.

The players should really hang their heads in shame(again) though for today’s performance.

It’s one thing losing. It’s the manner of the losing and the opposition faced that makes it shambolic. It’s the only word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I am really struggling to see the talent.

Sure, he hasn't been given the match time, but I assume that is down to him not doing it in training either (I mean if he trains the way he plays no wonder Jose doesn't pick him).

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    United humiliated at home by WBA and all the fans can talk about is Liverpool. Hilarious.

And judging by your post history, you only seem to ever post in United related threads on this forum. If your point is about obsession, it takes one to know one i suppose.

So he could fall into more players, more often and care even less about coming back.

Yes. That's exactly what he needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is De Gea our most entertaining player?

Thinking about it, he's the one who actually gives us the most "Wow" moments really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ha! What a cop out. It’s the system. It’s the position they are being played in etc etc..

They have to take personal responsibility for their performances on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jose basically saying he’s pissed off with Pogba without mentioning his name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »

I've posted at length on the issues today, concentrating solely on United. Speak facts, not lies, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Let’s face a few facts.

-we have spent 90 million on an aloof, disinterested Pogba who trots around and does little more than showboat. 45 mins against City means ****all when you can’t do it tona quarter of that level week in week out.

- we are team who should be nowhere near the top four only for our goalkeeper.

- we buy Lukaku and then have no one capable of supplying him from wide positions.

- a lot of our team seem disinterested.

- We are fcuking awful to watch. I cannotbremember the last time I enjoyed watching a game.

- Mourinho is a coward.
    In a nut shell. Wouldn't dream of heading to OT to watch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

To be fair there seemed to be absolutely no plan there late on. It was just throw all the attackers on and hope for the best. Shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Balls to blaming Jose we are in our best league position since Sir Alex left

NO ONE WILL EVER BE SIR ALEX FERGUSON OR DO WHAT HE DID AT THIS CLUB EVER AGAIN

Jose is the best coach we can hope to have he needs time to tailor things regardless of this result city were not gonna lose the league we need to get 2nd place secured and while today would have gone a long ways to doing that what has happened has happened on to Wednesday and hopefully a better lineup and 3 points then to Wembley.

limnam wrote: »
    Yep if only we played like Arsenal.

You're not slow in coming out with your own usual nonsense either. In fairness though, Arsenal usually spank teams like West Brom at home.

I had a long post wrote detailing my exact feelings and reasoning for said feelings, but on reflection this place just isn't worth it. **** this thread, I have nothing more to contribute to it. There are some good posters in here but there is just too many absolute dickheads to waste more time here.

Enjoy the world cup

Quiet frankly I think this is very childish. There is quiet a lot of people who come here with various opinions some come here to rub it in. Yes ye had some wins v's Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City. Winning these "big games" does not make everything all right and Murinho and the players are to blame not a penalty call (the ref did not see) or teams play better against us bullcrap. So rather then going right I am out how about debate and try and get you point across and not run and hide.

I am no reason why the hell I have written this given I am not a fan of Utd.

Enjoy the world cup

Good riddance.

You're not slow in coming out with your own usual nonsense either. In fairness though, Arsenal usually spank teams like West Brom at home.

And are the only team in the league without an away point in 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He didn’t say they did.

No. But he tried to excuse a rubbish display by comparing it to a result Liverpool had against the same competition.

I love to hate united but seriously united deserve better than what they are getting from their current regime. I have many United mates who we take the piss out of each other but watching some of the games this last couple of years has been really difficult.

Fergie didn't always play attacking football but he did at least play football. It was a shock for United to not get three points against relegation candidates back then. Now its not a rarity to lose to teams like this. It's not just Jose. He is an issue don't get me wrong. But it's more the issue of trying to appease sponsors with big name signings.

Fergie signed big names yes but not world class stars. He signed players who where brilliant at their clubs like Rooney, Ferdinand, van Persie, Valencia, Keane, cantona etc. He wouldn't have signed already world class stars like falcao, dimaria, pogba, ibra or Sanchez. I'm not saying they are rubbish. They as all class players. But it looks more like united sign players for off field reasons than on field.

I'm a Liverpool fan so this comes across as mansplaning but just look at the signings and compare them to city. City are signing young talent that are not yet established. they way united used to do. United are trying to sign mercenary names who are not seeking longevity, but short term monetary gains. Jose is just as much in that category as the likes of falcao and dimaria. While sterling was looked at as greedy by pool fans he has been proven right to go there. Most of the city side would not be seen as mercenary type players in fact.

But again if you don't agree it's easy to just read it as a pool fan talking ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Enjoy the world cup

Sums my feelings up too..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mansplaining, now there's a word I NEVER EVER thought I'd see mentioned in a football thread..

No. But he tried to excuse a rubbish display by comparing it to a result Liverpool had against the same competition.

I love to hate united but seriously united deserve better than what they are getting from their current regime. I have many United mates who we take the piss out of each other but watching some of the games this last couple of years has been really difficult.

Fergie didn't always play attacking football but he did at least play football. It was a shock for United to not get three points against relegation candidates back then. Now its not a rarity to lose to teams like this. It's not just Jose. He is an issue don't get me wrong. But it's more the issue of trying to appease sponsors with big name signings.

Fergie signed big names yes but not world class stars. He signed players who where brilliant at their clubs like Rooney, Ferdinand, van Persie, Valencia, Keane, cantona etc. He wouldn't have signed already world class stars like falcao, dimaria, pogba, ibra or Sanchez. I'm not saying they are rubbish. They as all class players. But it looks more like united sign players for off field reasons than on field.

I'm a Liverpool fan so this comes across as mansplaning but just look at the signings and compare them to city. City are signing young talent that are not yet established. they way united used to do. United are trying to sign mercenary names who are not seeking longevity, but short term monetary gains. Jose is just as much in that category as the likes of falcao and dimaria. While sterling was looked at as greedy by pool fans he has been proven right to go there. Most of the city side would not be seen as mercenary type players in fact.

But again if you don't agree it's easy to just read it as a pool fan talking ****.

Eh no. Someone said Liverpool would have beaten West Brom 5-0 at Anfield so he said Liverpool drew 0-0 with West Brom at Anfield. Understand now? Sorry about the mansplaining.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement