Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

bangkok wrote: »
    he was badly advised by an agent that only thinks about lining his own pocket

I just dont like his attitude in all of this. You can be cocky and flashy and act like a superstar when you back it all up but hes not coming even close.

This guy is meant to be our record signing one of the best midfielders in the world yet hes just not bothered enough of the time.

Hes at one of the biggest clubs in the world who are trying to reclaim there place at the top what more motivation does he need?

I do think there is an issue with what Jose wants and what some of the players want but the attitudes and egos of modern day players is a lot to do with that.

Im not saying Jose is blameless in all of this but its clear as day half of them out there are not arsed and Pogba is one of the biggest most obvious examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

so we should sell them all??

Outside of Rashford, Lukaku and De Gea I wouldn’t lose much sleep over any of them being sold. Maybe Bailly too, I like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guys ye should have had 2 stone wall penos.

Ref was very poor.

ebbsy wrote: »

Ref was very poor.

Ref was awful but United were worse. Deserved everything they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Ref was very poor.

Ref was brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ref was very poor.

His first ever United game. If Ferguson was still in charge probably his last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

its funny how after a loss, ALL of the blame seems to lie on Pogbas door. he was taken off after 57min, what about the rest of the game? what about sanchez? Mata? Herrera? Matic poor and slow passing? ashley young, valencia?

Uh just stop
    Its always Pogbas fault, get with the flow
    Its like at Madrid its always Ronaldos fault
    Pogba is supposed to score two goals in every game jeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Outside of Rashford, Lukaku and De Gea I wouldn’t lose much sleep over any of them being sold. Maybe Bailly too, I like him.

would you care if jose left?

At least it’s hilarious that we’re absolutely sh*te and still ahead of Liverpool with a game in hand. Little victories and all that.

Not particularly no. Doubt he’s going anywhere so it’s more of a player problem we are looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

irishman86 wrote: »
    Uh just stop
    Its always Pogbas fault, get with the flow
    Its like at Madrid its always Ronaldos fault
    Pogba is supposed to score two goals in every game jeez

I dont think anyone expects the "world class" 90m midfielder to score two goals. Not for a few years anyway. I'd settle for him breaking into a slight sweat on a regular basis for starters.

At least it’s hilarious that we’re absolutely sh*te and still ahead of Liverpool with a game in hand. Little victories and all that.

Liverpool have a champions league semi final to look forward too, top 4 sorted and are playing football that is actually enjoyable to watch, i would much rather to be in their position to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I don't believe Jose is the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    OK so hypothetically musing here, IF José were to walk away at season's end? Who'd realistically come in to take over/continue the rebuilding?

I'm curious to hear people's thoughts...

And I swear to Lemmy, if anyone mentions Mauricio Pochettino..

Zidane.. if he got the Real Madrid axe. He knows what it's like to be around star players

Carlo Ancelotti

Guus Hiddink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jaysus, the thread got a lot busier all of a sudden..,

Some contrast between posts eight days ago and posts this evening. #mourinhoball didn’t used to offer these types of lows so regularly. Big game next Saturday. Will be quite the crisis summit in the event of defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know he doesnt care, but he doesn't help himself with this stuff IMO.

https://twitter.com/samcunningham/status/985581359895900160?s=19

I don't believe Jose is the issue

he picks the team, he picks the tactics, he signs the players

Rashford motm v liverpool down the left, next game he is on the right of midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Unless things go drastically wrong, Jose will have the Utd job for as long as he wishes. We've tried chopping and changing and that didn't work. We got one of the best and if that doesn't work, there's a deeper issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

UTD fans going into meltdown, loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Son0vagun wrote: »

Highlight of ye're season I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

The formation after 60 minutes became a muddled mess with no shape, cohesion or plan. Just throwing players at a problem with absolutely no plan.

No width, at any point, in the match was a huge problem.

Mourinho building a squad that had no functional ability to consistently create or cause problems at either full back positions or anyone at all on the right wing is a consistent problem.

This performance was a full encapsulation of the United problems with respect to both the players and the manager.

There seems to be a disconnect between the players and the manager. I'm not saying they are deliberately not playing for him (as his players did at Chelsea before he was fired) but how else can you explain a squad of talented players, including talented AND experienced players like Sanchez, playing so poorly like they are unsure of or don't believe in the managers plan / tactics and are just going through the motions like a bunch of individuals. (Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford, DDG and most of the time, Matic excluded.)

It's very puzzling but the manager just signed a new contract extension and will no doubt get a big transfer kitty in the summer so it'll be interesting to see who wants to come play for him and who the leavers are.

Unless things go drastically wrong, Jose will have the Utd job for as long as he wishes. We've tried chopping and changing and that didn't work. We got one of the best and if that doesn't work, there's a deeper issue.

maybe he is past it?

maybe he needed a change in backroom team, listening to the same people last 15 years, maybe a new voice was needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Son0vagun wrote: »

Enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

SlickRic wrote: »
    I know he doesnt care, but he doesn't help himself with this stuff IMO.

https://twitter.com/samcunningham/status/985581359895900160?s=19

Is that 144 mentions in total?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

pjohnson wrote: »
    Highlight of ye're season I'm sure.

Can we wait until the seasons ends before we pick something?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'd add Lingard and Romero to that, but that's it.
    Maybe Matic

Liverpool have a champions league semi final to look forward too, top 4 sorted and are playing football that is actually enjoyable to watch, i would much rather to be in their position to be honest

I said it’s still hilarious that we are so sh*t yet after 34 game of a premier league season they are still behind us.

Chances are both teams finish the season winning nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

i think so yes.

when you see oxlade chamberlain and the likes excel for liverpool and then the likes of sanchez, pogba, martial struggle for united i think it lies on the managers door.
    People were very quick to sneer when Oxlade Chamberlain moved to Pool but he's done a cracking job there and I'm not surprised. His good form might be somewhat down to Klopps influence but not entirely. The player himself should be given some credit for performances this season just as our players need to take some of the flack for falling to deliver consistently.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Some contrast between posts eight days ago and posts this evening. #mourinhoball didn’t used to offer these types of lows so regularly. Big game next Saturday. Will be quite the crisis summit in the event of defeat.

I hope your not trying to be taking seriously when you say things like that especially with the #

maybe he is past it?

maybe he needed a change in backroom team, listening to the same people last 15 years, maybe a new voice was needed?

Ya at the rate we are going backwards under him we might win the league next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

S.M.B. wrote: »
    People were very quick to sneer when Oxlade Chamberlain moved to Pool but he's done a cracking job there and I'm not surprised. His good form might be somewhat down to Klopps influence but not entirely. The player himself should be given some credit for performances this season just as our players need to take some of the flack for falling to deliver consistently.

For sure. Liverpool’s signings have flourished under Klopp, meanwhile UTDs big marquee signs have failed to show up, they still collect their jumbo paycheques every week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Bigger fish to fry than the 2nd place cup you see

Bigger fish to fry than the 2nd place cup you see

You see what? Did Liverpool stop trying or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I had a long post wrote detailing my exact feelings and reasoning for said feelings, but on reflection this place just isn't worth it. **** this thread, I have nothing more to contribute to it. There are some good posters in here but there is just too many absolute dickheads to waste more time here.

Enjoy the world cup

Personally don’t find it in the least surprising that a decent proportion of the fanbase are annoyed with limited football from an entertainment perspective that has failed to yield the big prize or challenge for same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Would Pogba continue to be indulged if he had been signed as a prospect from the Eredivisie for 15M?

Last loss in the league was v Newcastle back in February. Won 5 on the trot after it, beating Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City along the way.
    We’ve had a very good second half of the league season to be fair.

sabat wrote: »
    Would Pogba continue to be indulged if he had been signed as a prospect from the Eredivisie for 15M?

he is not a prospect though, he was in the fifa world 11 team only a few years ago and was in uefa team of the year the same year. seria a team of the year 3 years in a row. was only europa league player of the year last year

PSG just put 7 past monaco!!

he is not a prospect though, he was in the fifa world 11 team only a few years ago and was in uefa team of the year the same year. seria a team of the year 3 years in a row. was only europa league player of the year last year

What do you personally think is his issue at United so? Jose has played him in more thrn one role and backed him on and off the pitch so what do you think is the issue?

• Advertisement

What do you personally think is his issue at United so? Jose has played him in more thrn one role and backed him on and off the pitch so what do you think is the issue?

the same issue that is effecting Sanchez, Rashford, Martial and the rest of them, they are afraid to play as the managers tactics for the attacking players just isnt up to scratch.

He played pogba for too long in a midfield 2 and his confidence over a long period has just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Tuchel,unai emery, luis enrique , diego simeone,allegri,euaebio de franseco. Pick of managers there

the same issue that is effecting Sanchez, Rashford, Martial and the rest of them, they are afraid to play as the managers tactics for the attacking players just isnt up to scratch.

He played pogba for too long in a midfield 2 and his confidence over a long period has just gone.

We started the season off hammering teams all around us but then Jose reverted to something totally different because I don't think he trusts in a lot the players mentally. Which could explain why he starts a lot the bigger games the way he does.

Rashford and Martial have shown on many occasions this season they can excel at any given time the difference between them is Rashford has his head in thr game on a different level to Martial. I don't think he has the focus but the talent is there.

Sanchez has come on a bit in last few games he's still settling in.

Jose has tried to play games around Pogba in all kinds positions on pitch. He's backed him on many occasions but he's trying to show him he's not thr only player on thr pitch to which is why he's pulling him off early when not performing.

Pogba s head is not there half the time he's making stupid mistakes trying things he doesn't need to walking around like he s not interested.

You never get the vibe he's low on confidence just not that interested. If the team are out of sorts he more then often switchs off.

So for a player with so much talent potential and ability he bascially needs the game handed on a plate for him to play at his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Theres really no point talking about replacements for Mourinho, there is zero chance he wont be manager next season

We started the season off hammering teams all around us but then Jose reverted to something totally different because I don't think he trusts in a lot the players mentally. Which could explain why he starts a lot the bigger games the way he does.

Rashford and Martial have shown on many occasions this season they can excel at any given time the difference between them is Rashford has his head in thr game on a different level to Martial. I don't think he has the focus but the talent is there.

Sanchez has come on a bit in last few games he's still settling in.

Jose has tried to play games around Pogba in all kinds positions on pitch. He's backed him on many occasions but he's trying to show him he's not thr only player on thr pitch to which is why he's pulling him off early when not performing.

Pogba s head is not there half the time he's making stupid mistakes trying things he doesn't need to walking around like he s not interested.

You never get the vibe he's low on confidence just not that interested. If the team are out of sorts he more then often switchs off.

So for a player with so much talent potential and ability he bascially needs the game handed on a plate for him to play at his best.

how can he go away with France and just turn it on like a tap, looks a totally different player playing with them? Dechamps trusts him and allows him to flourish, jose def doesnt trust him, i think we can all agree on that

how can he go away with France and just turn it on like a tap, looks a totally different player playing with them? Dechamps trusts him and allows him to flourish, jose def doesnt trust him, i think we can all agree on that

The French national team is setup perfectly for Pogba to play his game he doesn't have to work the midfield he has others to do it for him hence the reason he has that freedom. The very same reason he played so well at Juve.

Jose trusts him he's mentioned enough times he sees him as one the best players in the world in his position.
    It's his mentality he's questioned. Right before this game he comes out in interview and says he's doesn't expect two goals every game man the match every game he just wants consistent performance s and what does Pogba do? He goes missing against a team bottom of the league.
    Two goals to setup a win in the Manchester Derby to stop them winning the league the guy should be on a huge high ffs.

The French national team is setup perfectly for Pogba to play his game he doesn't have to work the midfield he has others to do it for him hence the reason he has that freedom. The very same reason he played so well at Juve.

Jose trusts him he's mentioned enough times he sees him as one the best players in the world in his position.
    It's his mentality he's questioned. Right before this game he comes out in interview and says he's doesn't expect two goals every game man the match every game he just wants consistent performance s and what does Pogba do? He goes missing against a team bottom of the league.
    Two goals to setup a win in the Manchester Derby to stop them winning the league the guy should be on a huge high ffs.

but what is being said to the players in the build up to the game? jose even said after the game it was too complicated... maybe they are working too much on tactics and players are bored. some games dont need much tactics, today was one of those days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The point I was making is that his transfer fee seems to be the only thing that's keeping him from being shown the exit door. Objectively speaking, his performances have been about the same level as Memphis or di Maria. They were sold at a small loss but the club would probably have to write off 40M+ to get rid of Pogba as well as suffer the loss of face and damage to the commercial/marketing aspect of their business.

sabat wrote: »
    The point I was making is that his transfer fee seems to be the only thing that's keeping him from being shown the exit door. Objectively speaking, his performances have been about the same level as Memphis or di Maria. They were sold at a small loss but the club would probably have to write off 40M+ to get rid of Pogba as well as suffer the loss of face and damage to the commercial/marketing aspect of their business.

pogba will still sell close to or over 100m if he does leave

but what is being said to the players in the build up to the game? jose even said after the game it was too complicated... maybe they are working too much on tactics and players are bored. some games dont need much tactics, today was one of those days

If there able to go out there beat Chelsea Liverpool and City but run around like headless chickens against West brom ya can't blame the manager.

The amount of awful passing bad positional play and lack of effort right after winning a Derby watching the game its fairly clear some players cared some didn't.

There's genuine effort from certain players out there yet others are not arsed. Look at Lingard when he came on you could use him as a perfect example as he seems to get on very well with Pogba has same social approach yet look at the effort he puts in on the pitch.

There s no ego involved with Lingard that's the difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement