Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Dembele is apparently off to China in the summer. Saw a headline as such yesterday.

Eriksen is awesome, but would just solidify the Pogba conundrum; he's a #10 so would keep Pogba in the 2 man mid.

Alderweireld and Rose though genuinely could be getable.

Eriksen plays a lot from the right but I do get your point as he drifts in to centre a fair bit. I'd be happy to have him and excellent player who isn't afraid of hard work.

Alderweireld and Rose should be legitimate targets. Alderweireld looks likely to leave and is easily one of the very best CBs in the league I'd hope United are in for him.
    Rose has looked good in previous seasons but injuries and attitude may be a stumbling block. I'd be happy to see both of them join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So Shaw Felleani Blind and Darmian all in the squad for tonight.. wonder how much Jose changes it around

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-team-news-bournemouth-14543041

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Those corner stats are unsurprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So Shaw Felleani Blind and Darmian all in the squad for tonight.. wonder how much Jose changes it around

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-team-news-bournemouth-14543041

Wouldnt be surprised if everyone is dropped apart from de gea matic and lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shop window time :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Gotta keep Pogba dave no matter what.

No because eriksen actually plays most of his football for spurs on the right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Didn't Ashley Young start Left for England against Italy? I dont think theres much between any of England's LB options (Rose, Bertrand, Young, Delph). The general standard of LB's in the Premier League is pretty bang average tbh with Young being near the best LB already. I'd be looking abroad (maybe Ghoulam, Digne or Kurzawa). Any PL based LB wont be a worthwhile upgrade on Young. Not Rose when Levy will be demanding probably over 30m for a player who might just scrape 10 league appearance all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

He doesn't have the luxury of spending what Mourinho has spent or offering the salaries Mourinho can offer. They may well knock us out of the FA Cup this weekend.

No they haven't spent the money we have, correct.
    bangkok wrote: »
    First 11...

De gea

Tripper

Bailly

Alderwield

Rose

Matic

Dembele

Pogba

Erikson

Kane

On talent alone final spot prob martial although sanchez son and alli are all better all round footballers

If they have better players, playing better as a team, with what you guys argue is a better manager, why does money spent come into it?

VW 1 wrote: »

If they have better players, playing better as a team, with what you guys argue is a better manager, why does money spent come into it?

Because if he had a bigger budget, he could sign better players for the squad and could have a proper crack at the league title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

I want pochettino :)

Ancelotti or Allegri would be my choices. A proven league winner in Allegri so he should provide some stability and consistency in league performances, and multiple league and Champions League winner in Ancelotti speaks for itself.

• Advertisement

Relikk wrote: »
    Ancelotti or Allegri would be my choices. A proven league winner in Allegri so he should provide some stability and consistency in league performances, and multiple league and Champions League winner in Ancelotti speaks for itself.

I wanted ancelotti after fergie but it never happened. His spell at bayern was a bit of a disaster.

Not sure does allegri speak english? Couldnt have him if he didnt

pjohnson wrote: »
    Didn't Ashley Young start Left for England against Italy? I dont think theres much between any of England's LB options (Rose, Bertrand, Young, Delph). The general standard of LB's in the Premier League is pretty bang average tbh with Young being near the best LB already. I'd be looking abroad (maybe Ghoulam, Digne or Kurzawa). Any PL based LB wont be a worthwhile upgrade on Young. Not Rose when Levy will be demanding probably over 30m for a player who might just scrape 10 league appearance all season.

Ghoulam would be a brilliant signing but those two injuries to his knee surely rules out any transfer for him until at least January 2019?
    Iurc it was reported he had a fairly low transfer clause around 25m.

He was excellent for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Hopefully he fully recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I don't think I've claimed that he's a better manager than Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Because if he had a bigger budget, he could sign better players for the squad and could have a proper crack at the league title

But if you do a combined eleven, with six spurs players, surely he has the better players already. So why need the extra cash?
    I don't think I've claimed that he's a better manager than Mourinho.

Fair enough, apologies if I'm misrepresenting your position on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Channel 5 on Monday night. Fergie Vs Wenger,The Feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Channel 5 on Monday night. Fergie Vs Wenger,The Feud.

This should have happened years ago when they were in their prime. It’s like Mayweather v Paquaio all over again. Suppose it’s PPV too? Robbing bastards, I’ll be streaming it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

First 11...

De gea

Tripper

Bailly

Alderwield

Rose

Matic

Dembele

Pogba

Erikson

Kane

On talent alone final spot prob martial although sanchez son and alli are all better all round footballers
    Danny Rose isn't even considered first choice left back at Tottenham this season. He's had a few injuries but even when he was available, Ben Davies got the place in the team. The only time Rose started a game against one of the top 6/7 clubs in the league was when Davies was benched due to a muscle strain. Primarily he was trusted to play in the games against relegation fodder.

Is it not more a case that Rose has been frozen out by Poch?

He wants to leave so isn't getting games only when necessary.

But if you do a combined eleven, with six spurs players, surely he has the better players already. So why need the extra cash?

Fair enough, apologies if I'm misrepresenting your position on it.

If they get injured/suspended he doesnt have the squad to replace them. If he had the money he would have better squad players to come in for those players

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/986568886274396161

Manchester United target Napoli's Jorginho as alternative to Toni Kroos
    The Real Madrid star remains top choice, but the Italian international is seen by Jose Mourinho as a greatly adept and an altogether more viable option .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Looking forward to the team changes tonight.

Hopefully we bounce back and get confidence up before the weekend.
    On the Poch debate I think it's a tough one. Mourinho has the proven track record for winning but I see the appeal to the style of football Poch tries to get his teams to play. Saying that I was a fan of AVB and before Moyes came in was well on the bandwagon of bringing him in so I suppose who am I to talk.

Saying that think it's extreme to claim he's a better manager than José, but also don't buy people writing him off for lack of trophies. I get the opinion that he gets teams playing enjoyable style but yet in his career has he won anything. You can understand that when his previous teams are Espanyol, Southampton and now Spurs. Obviously Spurs aren't renowned for winning trophies but with Spurs he has a great team there and will be desperate to finally win something, and are quickly becoming a team that needs to be expecting to win something.

It's easy to forget José has nearly 10 more years experience under his belt too.

'What next for Martial?'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11335593

Imagine he got a proper run in the side!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

'What next for Martial?'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11335593

Imagine he got a proper run in the side!!

Imagine if he earned it.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Imagine if he earned it.

11 goals 8 assists i would have him on the team before sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Martial should concentrate on being the next Henry that we heard so much about at the start. He’s currently going down the road to being the next Anelka.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

And quite a lot of them came off the bench too.

Martial should concentrate on being the next Henry that we heard so much about at the start. He’s currently going down the road to being the next Anelka.

He needs a run of games and a team that is functional. Came on the other day and the left back goes off.

Martial has also been our player of the month for september october and january...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

The problem that Rashford and Martial have IMO is that good performances don't seem to earn them much grace for bad ones. Other players have can 2-3 bad games in a row and still start. Both Martial and Rashford can have a run of good games, but 1 or 2 games below that level and they are out. I can imagine it's frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sanchez who has been here since January so your stats aren’t comparing like for like.

Martials on field attitude has sucked.

Wanna play football regularly? Play like you care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What is the discussion today?

Oh the usual nevermind.

Anyway quite nervous about tonight.

Don’t ha e much confidence but praying for the three points.

Same here i feel the team are already in summer break mode playing like they don't give a ****.

Think we will win by 2 goals. Think everyone will be dropped bar lukaku matic and de gea and the players know if they play well they will start on saturday

Think we will win by 2 goals. Think everyone will be dropped bar lukaku matic and de gea and the players know if they play well they will start on saturday

Hope you’re right.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Martial has also been our player of the month for september october and january...

Player Of The Month awards mean jack ****, they're not even apparently real awards.

• Advertisement

Holy **** that's some line up. Jose wasn't ****ing about.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Some team

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Bit of a slap in the face for Pogba?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Player Of The Month awards mean jack ****, they're not even apparently real awards.

I disagree about their uselessness. I mean, as a physical award they are worthless and they won't be going on the players' CVs, but they generally signify that a player performed particularly well in the team over the course of a month.

Lukaku got it for March just gone, and he was great for the team in March. Matic came 2nd, and Ashley Young 3rd, and they also performed very well for the team over the month.

They might not be real awards, but whenever I hear of a player being awarded POTM, I find myself nodding in agreement more than disagreement.

Those months Martial won it for us, he was actually good in the team and was contributing with goals and assists. Problem for me though is that he hasn't really kicked on since then.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Holy **** that's some line up. Jose wasn't ****ing about.

link

I've seen some Jose line-ups in the past which made me think 'That is some bus!', but never one which made me think 'That is some shop window!'. Not until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why? he's starting

Really like that front three, actually looking forward to the game more now.

I've seen some Jose line-ups in the past which made me think 'That is some bus!', but never one which made me think 'That is some shop window!'. Not until now.

Yep a touch of that and a touch of resting players for the Spurs game.

Why?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Why? he's starting

Probably means that it seems that most of the big players are being rested for the weekend. Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ShaneU wrote: »
    Why? he's starting

Really like that front three, actually looking forward to the game more now.

Its basically the B team tonight. I'd imagine if he doesnt have a BIG game tonight, he'll be dropped with most of the others at the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement