Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Game proves that we really do have excellent strength in depth. Our B-team has enough quality to bother most teams in the PL.

Whether our A-team will have enough quality to challenge for top honours next season is an entirely different question though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

adox wrote: »
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Why? he's starting

Probably means that it seems that most of the big players are being rested for the weekend. Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez etc.

Yeah, that's all I was thinking, putting him out there in what looked like a 'B' team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Game proves that we really do have excellent strength in depth. Our B-team has enough quality to bother most teams in the PL.

Whether our A-team will have enough quality to challenge for top honours next season is an entirely different question though.

Bournemouth are on holiday. Liverpool handily beat them at the weekend too. As I did Saturday I wouldn't put much stock in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was on it you mean? Didn’t last 2/3 minutes. It was inhaled!

Ham pineapple and pepperoni!

celebrity_death_match_mills_lane_01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    Wouldnt start sanchez at weekend martial lukaku and rashford should start

Thought Martial was underwhelming overall with a few flashes of what he can do.

Although Sanchez is not in good form he will put in a better shift than Martial and still has the potential of magic in his feet. The big pitch at Wembley may help him too.

Then there’s Lingard to consider too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd say, based on the fact they didn't start or were subbed, we'll be getting a front three of Sanchez - Lukaku - Lingard. Rashford might have beaten out Lingard, but I'd say Sanchez will start after being rested.

I'd be hoping for Pogba/Herrera/Matic in behind them then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thought Martial was underwhelming overall with a few flashes of what he can do.

Although Sanchez is not in good form he will put in a better shift than Martial and still has the potential of magic in his feet. The big pitch at Wembley may help him too.

Then there’s Lingard to consider too.

Sanchez is more likely to work harder for the team as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thought Rashford actually looked good on the right tonight, even seemed confident cutting in on his left.. think he would definitely have the better of Davis so would like to see him start out there the weekend.

Martial was ok, had a few great dribbles but was let down terribly by either taking one touch too many or woeful end product.

We should see matic Herrera Pogba with Sanchez Lukaku and Rashford the weekend.

Pineapple on a pizza, I know your a mod an all but kindly get the fûck outta here!

:)

• Advertisement

Sanchez is more likely to work harder for the team as well.

Yep that’s what I meant by “shift” 🙂

I’m cool with pineapple on pizza.

tenor.gif?itemid=7623907

I think we will do Spurs at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pineapple on pizza, what kind of sick monsters ruins a pizza like that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

+1 for Pineapple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think we will do Spurs at the weekend.

Easy now it was only Bournemouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pineapple pizza for everyone

Well you know that it was a good night when the most important convo on the thread is about Pizza :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

****ing love pineapple on pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just added you to the “can’t get banned list”

jayo26 wrote: »
    Easy now it was only Bournemouth.

Oh I'm not basing it on tonight. It's that kind of topsy turvy season that it's the most likely outcome.

We won't get caught out by them like we did kast time either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I've lost a lot of respect for a few posters on here. Disgusting behaviour.

Pineapple on a pizza, da fuq is wrong with ye!!!

I was mortified by the thoughts of it for about 30 years. It's not actually that bad dough.

astradave wrote: »
    Well you know that it was a good night when the most important convo on the thread is about Pizza :D

Next time someone starts the Pogba debate (Saturday night if we lose) we can revert to pizza talk

Mars Bar wrote: »
    ****ing love pineapple on pizza.

Yup me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I do like a bit of pineapple on pizza.

Just recently discovered sweet corn on pizza and it's fairly nice too.

Mourinho: "Every player on the pitch was positive and put himself available for Saturday. I'm not a big fan of man of the match but Paul Pogba played very well. Against Man City he was phenomenal - today he was very, very good."

Who ARE you guys!

tenor.gif?itemid=5968521

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I just dislike Pizza in general

Chilli flakes sprinkled over the melting cheese to make it special. ❤️

Decent win in the end. Bournemouth have fúck-all to play for at this stage, but they have been a bogey team for us in the past. It's the defeats to weaker teams like Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Brom which sting the most so I won't take a win away to Bournemouth for granted.

Pogba and Herrera were very good. Most of the team were decent to very good. However, it's games and chances like this where we really need to see Martial shine. I don't feel he did that tonight.

Elsewhere...

I saw a Jose quote from the weekend which made me laugh...
    "I understand people can be a bit confused with my message because sometimes it’s not what they think it is. But, the last match the only attacking player I didn’t play was Dwight Yorke who was in the stands."
    I saw a Rafael quote which didn't make me laugh...
    "In his first season, LVG called me to his office & said: 'You can leave,'". The meeting lasted one minute. It took time for me to go, but I was desperate to leave when I did & that saddens me because I loved everything about United. He is not a bad coach, but I didn't like his character."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pjohnson wrote: »

Ah here, this, this isn't on..

How can you dislike pizza?

pjohnson wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5385689

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

When I see darmain with that awful facial hair I can only think of that softball episode of the Simpsons "manningly I thought I told you to shave those sideburns"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Chilli flakes sprinkled over the melting cheese to make it special. ❤️

I’m getting sweaty thinking about that, oh baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Not the easiest of places to go but i thought it was a good, efficient performance.

I though Herrera was very good......my MOTM.

Pogba much imporved, Rashford was good and worked hard without the ball also.

Thought Martial under performed a bit as a whole. Glimpses of the talent we know he has but hoped he would go out and make a point of the recent talk. I wonder whether he has the desire and application to ever fulfill his talent.....always looks to be just coasting through games.

I actually thought Phil Jones was very good. Seemed to be commanding from the back and put in some very good tackles. If he can stay fit he'll always be ahead of Smalling for me, and when he has the ball he does like to look to play it forward and not just to his full backs all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I had a spice bag after the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm having a few gingernut biscuits.

I had a spice bag after the match.

I picture that as an ugly Spice Girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's one thing to like pineapple on it (sickos). But to not like pizza in general? I don't know...

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/986685088753647618?s=17

OptaJoe: "3 – Chris Smalling has scored in three consecutive Premier League away appearances, after scoring just once in his previous 101 away games. Streak."

Pineapple on a pizza is fine not great or terrible as some people make out, but for the price your paying I think us fans of pizza expect more from a topping and it just doesn't cut it at the top level, until it starts performing better I've no problem leaving it off Saturdays pizza tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's best position just isn't on a pizza

Is there not a pizza thread somewhere??!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I get the praise for Herrera, he had a great controlling game. Like the Herrera of last season, if he can do that at the weekend has to play.
    Thought Pogba was very good too, went back to basics and helped him brilliantly. Don't buy into people saying others have outplayed him for a position in the next game, he played great and was awarded the MotM award to go with it.

One person, and personal favourite, who hasn't gotten much comments is good old Phil Jones. I thought he played great yesterday, mad to think it was his first game in what? Over 2 months? I know he had a horror show last time out against Spurs but would love to see him back with a point to prove. Doubt it though.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I get the praise for Herrera, he had a great controlling game. Like the Herrera of last season, if he can do that at the weekend has to play.
    Thought Pogba was very good too, went back to basics and helped him brilliantly. Don't buy into people saying others have outplayed him for a position in the next game, he played great and was awarded the MotM award to go with it.

One person, and personal favourite, who hasn't gotten much comments is good old Phil Jones. I thought he played great yesterday, mad to think it was his first game in what? Over 2 months? I know he had a horror show last time out against Spurs but would love to see him back with a point to prove. Doubt it though.

Yea thought jones was very good. It was actually a good all round team performance. Jose basically said last pogba would be starting on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I picture that as an ugly Spice Girl

It was far from ugly. A thing of beauty. I couldn’t finish it all last night, ‘twas a mountain of food so I had a breakfast bonus this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

astradave wrote: »

I actually laughed out loud when he did that :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement