Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pineapple is brilliant on everything.

Pizza. Yep.
    Burger. Yep.
    Sweet and Sour Curry. Yep.
    Salsa. Yep.
    Special Fried Rice (Diep). Yep.

Just when I’m having lunch :(

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Pineapple is brilliant on everything.

Pizza. Yep.
    Burger. Yep.
    Sweet and Sour Curry. Yep.
    Salsa. Yep.
    Special Fried Rice (Diep). Yep.

Can he play right back though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Can he play right back though?

He used to play for Forest. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He used to play for Forest. ;)

Leave Jason lee out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

astradave wrote: »
    Just when I’m having lunch :(

giphy.gif

8 thanks vs 5 - take the L and stick a pineapple on yer pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pizzagate rolls on it seems..

8 thanks vs 5 - take the L and stick a pineapple on yer pizza!

It’s 8-7 so closer than you think, I don’t include Liverpool fans in votes so ~Rebel~ can feck off :pac:

It’s 8-7 so closer than you think, I don’t include Liverpool fans in votes so ~Rebel~ can feck off :pac:

*judge ruling*
    The competition was over, votes cast after the closing are not being counted, but their account may still be charged.

*judge ruling*
    The competition was over, votes cast after the closing are not being counted, but their account may still be charged.

Meh there is no such things as rules on the soccer forum :p

It’s 8-8 btw :D

• Advertisement

*judge ruling*

2f9.jpg

:pac:

No such thing as rules - well, if you want to behave like a SAVAGE then it is no wonder you can't enjoy the finer things in life, such as a warmed, juicy, chunk of pineapple on pretty much anything.

*Judge's ruling*
    Yer a savage.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pizzagate rolls on it seems..

Even tho its off topic it's still more interesting then some if the debates on here as of late.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Even tho its off topic it's still more interesting then some if the debates on here as of late.

Everything off topic here will always be interesting, no matter which way you slice it :pac::pac:

Everything off topic here will always be interesting, no matter which way you slice it :pac::pac:

I see what you did there.

dVDJiez.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Is this a pizza thread ....

Bet Luke Shaw had a few deep pans last night after his performance with extra pineapple... cos he’s on a diet don’t ye know....

Some morning papers Goss.

United will demand £140 million for Pogba if he leaves this summer.

They are leading the race for Richarlison from Watford.

Jorginho is on Jose's wanted list after impressing him with his performances for Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some morning papers Goss.

United will demand £140 million for Pogba if he leaves this summer.

They are leading the race for Richarlison from Watford.

Jorginho is on Jose's wanted list after impressing him with his performances for Napoli.

Isn't he another left winger who cuts in on his right? Need another one of them like a hole in the head.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Isn't he another left winger who cuts in on his right? Need another one of them like a hole in the head.

No your thinking of Kieran Richardson I'm sure.

J. Marston wrote: »

He has definitely had games all across the front 3 positions IIRC but yeah he’s predominantly a LW.. it’s just his Agent looking for a move I reckon.

Tweet from footballitalia (not read the link, can't be arsed) saying that Juve and Bayern have joined United in the 'race' for Richarlson.

I don't believe United are actually in for him (would seem like a signing we just don't need) but I find the report interesting, if there is anything to it, because they are the two sides being most heavily linked with Martial.

I wonder are the stories linked. If there is truth to the United link...

1. United are looking at the sale of Martial and see Richarlson as a replacement for him.
    2. Juve and Bayern are looking at Martial and see Richarlson as a backup target if United don't sell Martial or Martial goes to the other/different side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I no nothing about Richarlson. He good?

Oh, bugger. We might actually have to worry about Arsenal next season now, with Wenger going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lord TSC wrote: »

He is a left winger, even if we sell one of ours then we still don't need him.

I'd rather develop Rashford

• Advertisement

He’s Watford’s best player imo, but he isn’t better than what we have there, don’t think he is even close to what we have there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

He was when the sun was shining in August and September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any chance we could see Tahith Chong coming into the first team next season? I know he's been hampered with injuries but he's an exciting, talented right winger from all accounts and I think José has even gone to watch him play more than once this season.

Oh, bugger. We might actually have to worry about Arsenal next season now, with Wenger going.

You worry too much
    will take three years to clear out all the dross and sort out their squad properly
    they've good individuals but defence is od and Cech isn't a shadow of himself
    Midfield of odds ends and waste...
    Lacazette and Aubameyang are a good strike force but you need more than that

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Any chance we could see Tahith Chong coming into the first team next season? I know he's been hampered with injuries but he's an exciting, talented right winger from all accounts and I think José has even gone to watch him play more than once this season.

He'll get his debut in the last match of the season like Angel Gomes last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Do we take Mou at face vale when he says he's happy with his attacking options for next season? I still think we need a blue-chip no. 10/attacking midfielder like Neymar, Griezman, Hazard if we're going to take on City. Richarlison not quite cutting it for me...

They are in transition for a decade now, they'll be in phase 2 of it for another few seasons while the new manager sorts out the dross.

Do we take Mou at face vale when he says he's happy with his attacking options for next season? I still think we need a blue-chip no. 10/attacking midfielder like Neymar, Griezman, Hazard if we're going to take on City. Richarlison not quite cutting it for me...

As things stand, I would say yes.

But if a player leaves/sold then we will look to replace them.

Maybe not a like for like replacement, but if room is made for an attacking signing then one will be made. Martial moved out and a right sided player brought in, for example.

If we retain Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Lukaku - along with Mata and Lingard as options in the wider roles too, then I just can't see the room for a signing.

Maybe not a like for like replacement, but if room is made for an attacking signing then one will be made. Martial moved out and a right sided player brought in, for example.

If we retain Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Lukaku - along with Mata and Lingard as options in the wider roles too, then I just can't see the room for a signing.

Well if you signed Neymar you'd make room for him somewhere...I don't think that attacking line-up is good enough to outstrip City playing like they are at the moment (unless Sanchez rediscovers his mojo in a dramatic way).

This 'happy enough with what we have' line could be a negotiating ploy if they were planning to make a serious bid for Griezman say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Well if you signed Neymar you'd make room for him somewhere...I don't think that attacking line-up is good enough to outstrip City playing like they are at the moment (unless Sanchez rediscovers his mojo in a dramatic way).

This 'happy enough with what we have' line could be a negotiating ploy if they were planning to make a serious bid for Griezman say.
    Doesn't a have to be big names , look at Liverpool's front 3 none where what you'd call big names but they are amazing together, Even Citys front 3 are not huge name's bar Sergio ,
    United need to learn from there past mistake, Di Maria, Falcoa , Pogba  big names don't always turn out ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Doesn't a have to be big names , look at Liverpool's front 3 none where what you'd call big names but they are amazing together, Even Citys front 3 are not huge name's bar Sergio ,
    United need to learn from there past mistake, Di Maria, Falcoa , Pogba  big names don't always turn out ,

Good attacking players under good attacking coaches. We have plenty of attacking talent at our disposal, we just need to use it better. Could do with a right winger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If we are going with 3 in midfield it lessons the need for a RW as Lingard would be first choice ahead of Mata for that spot. As we saw since January 3 left attackers hasn't been great so we dont need 3 right attackers.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/987266519083245568

‘Escape to England’ – Leon Bailey’s father takes to social media, SportBild suggest move upcoming, transfer plan ‘clear’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

brinty wrote: »
    You worry too much
    will take three years to clear out all the dross and sort out their squad properly
    they've good individuals but defence is od and Cech isn't a shadow of himself
    Midfield of odds ends and waste...
    Lacazette and Aubameyang are a good strike force but you need more than that

Sure they have Mikhi to become a worldie now after getting out from the grip of Nice Guy Mourinho.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/987266519083245568

‘Escape to England’ – Leon Bailey’s father takes to social media, SportBild suggest move upcoming, transfer plan ‘clear’.

He’s another left winger :D though I think he has played a good few on the right. He’s a left footer though, I think we need a Right footed right winger to stretch the field and play outside, instead of a left footed player who will naturally drift in

• Advertisement

Doesn't a have to be big names , look at Liverpool's front 3 none where what you'd call big names but they are amazing together,

If we are going to go out and actually win the league next year, I think we may need a Griezman or a Neymar, City have set the bar so high...

If we are buying a new attacker, it has to be a RW player. That's where the biggest weakness is in our attack.

A good RW would improve us far, far more than an excellent LW would.

If we are buying a new attacker, it has to be a RW player. That's where the biggest weakness is in our attack.

A good RW would improve us far, far more than an excellent LW would.

Right now i would just be telling Sanchez that is where he is playing. He did it at Udinesse, he did it at Barcelona, he has done it for Chile.

Central/Right off Lukaku - keeping Martial or Rashford on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If we are going to go out and actually win the league next year, I think we may need a Griezman or a Neymar, City have set the bar so high...

I'd more inclined to see the two full back positions improved and a world class centre mid signed.

A ball playing CB would be a nice addition as well.

If those 3/4 positions are upgraded then it will have huge effect on the balance of the side and the attacking 3rd imo.

Thought Rashford looked good when he moved over there the other night, really stretched the defence having martial on one side and Rashford on the other

The main reports were saying that Jose will be looking to bring in players for 3 positions. Imo those three positions will be CB,RB and CM. And the attack will only be looked at if/when a player decides to move on. If Martial or Mata move on it won’t matter on their position I reckon it will be a RW looked at then.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'd more inclined to see the two full back positions improved and a world class centre mid signed.

A ball playing CB would be a nice addition as well.

If those 3/4 positions are upgraded then it will have huge effect on the balance of the side and the attacking 3rd imo.

I would agree - and I do wonder if the issues in attack are linked to the issues in defence. I mean, partly it obviously is, but I wonder how much.

Two CMs tasked to sit more than attack; is this a general approach to football or a result of Jose not trusting the defence. The distribution from the backline into the midfield isn't crisp or quick enough and the general inability of our centre backs to commit a midfielder and create a new passing lane hampers the movement in midfield through to attack.

On the wings, how much does defence also feed in to it? If we had a better left back would Jose look for less protection for, and less conservatism from, our left back? Would they become a better source of width? Maybe looking at Cole in defence for his better chelsea sides?

I do think Jose planned on Bailly and Lindelof being his first choice pairing and being better (or available) than they have been. Lindelof has the ability on the ball to be a great ball playing centre back, who can bring our midfield and attack quickly into the game. But his defending hasn't been consistently good enough to actually get him into the side. Bailly is also very good on the ball and at bringing it forward, but has been injured from basically the season. Had those two been as good (and available) as Jose would have planned on, would that have changed the dynamic of the side from back to front?

The main reports were saying that Jose will be looking to bring in players for 3 positions. Imo those three positions will be CB,RB and CM. And the attack will only be looked at if/when a player decides to move on. If Martial or Mata move on it won’t matter on their position I reckon it will be a RW looked at then.

How would you look to justify not buying a left back? I would consider that a massive priority.

Shaw isn't trusted.
    Young is ok but, c'mon.

While I am not a massive fan of Valencia, I would consider him/TFM at right back a far better position to be in that Young/Rojo at left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Do a Pep on it, throw 50m at both FB spots.
    Sign Alderweireld for 40m.
    Sign a CM for 70m.

Get 50m back on sales.

Easy peasy:cool:

• Advertisement

How would you look to justify not buying a left back? I would consider that a massive priority.

Shaw isn't trusted.
    Young is ok but, c'mon.

While I am not a massive fan of Valencia, I would consider him/TFM at right back a far better position to be in that Young/Rojo at left back.

If we are not going to buy a RW we need a player competent in both defence and attack and crossing the ball in the RB position, We need someone that can contribute from that side to the attacking part of the game. The same doesn’t need be said for the LB position, as the LW usually would usually be contributing as a whole both in attack and defence on that side which means we can get away with having a player like Young playing there.

I’m not saying we don’t need a LB, I’m saying the priority should be those three positions before we look into anywhere else. We definitely could upgrade on LB but I don’t think it’s a necessity atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement