Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

I would agree - and I do wonder if the issues in attack are linked to the issues in defence. I mean, partly it obviously is, but I wonder how much.

Two CMs tasked to sit more than attack; is this a general approach to football or a result of Jose not trusting the defence. The distribution from the backline into the midfield isn't crisp or quick enough and the general inability of our centre backs to commit a midfielder and create a new passing lane hampers the movement in midfield through to attack.

On the wings, how much does defence also feed in to it? If we had a better left back would Jose look for less protection for, and less conservatism from, our left back? Would they become a better source of width? Maybe looking at Cole in defence for his better chelsea sides?

I do think Jose planned on Bailly and Lindelof being his first choice pairing and being better (or available) than they have been. Lindelof has the ability on the ball to be a great ball playing centre back, who can bring our midfield and attack quickly into the game. But his defending hasn't been consistently good enough to actually get him into the side. Bailly is also very good on the ball and at bringing it forward, but has been injured from basically the season. Had those two been as good (and available) as Jose would have planned on, would that have changed the dynamic of the side from back to front?

Our main stack FBs dont have the ability to stetch defences young being right footed mainly cant get down the line easy or play passes down the line well everything is inside with him.

Valencia while being correctly footed is just so poor going forward that teams don't have to worry too much about him if he gets the ball sprint out show him inside and 95% of the time he does backwards.

I do think good or very good full backs would create much more space for the team going forward its hard to gauage how much it would improve the attack. I reckon a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

yabadabado wrote: »
    Get 50m back on sales.

If reports are to be believed (big 'if' probably) and Zaha does go to City for £40M + then I believe United could be entitled to as much as 50% of that fee. Can't find a link but I remember reading that at the time and explains why we bought him for £10M (possibly rising to £15M which never happened of course) and then sold him back for a paltry sum, something like £3.5M plus the sell on agreement.

I don't remember if it was Jordan or Parish who revealed the agreement. Although maybe others have more info on the agreement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They are in transition for a decade now, they'll be in phase 2 of it for another few seasons while the new manager sorts out the dross.

United are approaching a decade now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

DM_7 wrote: »

If a decade has suddenly been reduced to 5 years, yeah sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If a decade has suddenly been reduced to 5 years, yeah sure.

You don't think the time Vidic, Evra, Rio, Scholes, Giggs were coming to the end would count?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports Lukaku has dumped Railoa for jayZ management company, and that Pogbabis considering following suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You don't think the time Vidic, Evra, Rio, Scholes, Giggs were coming to the end would count?

Oh, I thought you meant from the time Fergie left. My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports Lukaku has dumped Railoa for jayZ management company, and that Pogbabis considering following suit.

They confirmed it on their Instagram, they are Roc nation Sports.Edit: he also confirmed it himself yesterday
    Post from yesterday:

https://instagram.com/p/BhwIx8qBu5j/

Place is quiet today..

So..

Runny egg on a breakfast roll anyone?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

astradave wrote: »

They confirmed it on their Instagram, they are Roc nation Sports.Edit: he also confirmed it himself yesterday
    Post from yesterday:

His celebration when he scored was the Rockafella sign Jay Z throws up ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

By that logic we are approaching a century since we won it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Place is quiet today..

So..

Poached eggs. Runny yokes. Some toast and some bacon.

The official breakfast of Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Place is quiet today..

So..

Runny Egg makes me projecticle vomit.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Runny Egg makes me projecticle vomit.

Is there anything you do like? Don’t like pizza don’t like runny eggs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Now that youve thrown your hat in the ring you need to declare your allegiance. #teampineapple

Pineapple has no place on a pizza ;P

J. Marston wrote: »
    Isn't he another left winger who cuts in on his right? Need another one of them like a hole in the head.

Striker I believe. (See people mention LW, but Silva was getting a tune out of him playing up front)

And he hasn't done a tap in months. No idea why we would be even remotely looking at him. He's like the striker Van Gaal wanted from Watford, except has been a quicker flash in the pan.

That's one of those that I'd consider a proper garbage link, as there is absolutely no way he should be coming near the club.

Also, that agent switch. That's significant? Part of me is like, why would top players drop a top agent for a new player in the market, run by a former rapper? Am I reading this right? JayZ is still like, that rubbish rapper who married Beyonce, its not some new term right?

I'm so confused....

TheDoc wrote: »

Must we always be in opposite sides of things Doc :(

Must we always be in opposite sides of things Doc :(

I know that's what I'm saying, Was reading who was liking pineapple thinking "they are going to think I'm doing this on purpose"

:D

We both love lukaku though so there is that <3

Is there anything you do like? Don’t like pizza don’t like runny eggs :D

My body is insane. I ALSO have some kind of half/mild lactose intolerance thing that means I also projectile vomit if confronted with or consume or see someone else drinking pure straight milk. I can have it totally fine in tea and cereal for some reason. I also fail brilliantly at processing any type of cheese and if I do I develop temporary tinnitus until it leaves my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

i don't have a gall bladder any more but i love all the fried foods and pizza's and breakfast rolls and dairy etc.... #madeoftougherstuff

• Advertisement

Striker I believe. (See people mention LW, but Silva was getting a tune out of him playing up front)

And he hasn't done a tap in months. No idea why we would be even remotely looking at him. He's like the striker Van Gaal wanted from Watford, except has been a quicker flash in the pan.

That's one of those that I'd consider a proper garbage link, as there is absolutely no way he should be coming near the club.

Also, that agent switch. That's significant? Part of me is like, why would top players drop a top agent for a new player in the market, run by a former rapper? Am I reading this right? JayZ is still like, that rubbish rapper who married Beyonce, its not some new term right?

I'm so confused....

I think what makes it significant is that we no longer have to deal with Raiola with regards to Lukaku, if Pogba switches as well Romero would be his only client at United, that in itself would be a good thing

I think what makes it significant is that we no longer have to deal with Raiola with regards to Lukaku, if Pogba switches as well Romero would be his only client at United, that in itself would be a good thing

Yeah it's a big deal isn't it? I don't know how that works in terms of the players, I always assumed players moved agents to get a better one, or the one they had annoyed them or whatever.

But moving to this type of agency, total new kid on the block? That a bit risky?

Point I'm getting at, wondering if they got some mad $$$ to move.

The club not having to deal with Raiola anymore is pretty good. And if Pogba moves, I'd imagine its because he knows he isnt going anywhere and won't be leaving the club in the forseable future.

That's good news for me. I don't think Pogba changes agents if he knows he needs a move in the summer

Yeah it's a big deal isn't it? I don't know how that works in terms of the players, I always assumed players moved agents to get a better one, or the one they had annoyed them or whatever.

But moving to this type of agency, total new kid on the block? That a bit risky?

Point I'm getting at, wondering if they got some mad $$$ to move.

The club not having to deal with Raiola anymore is pretty good. And if Pogba moves, I'd imagine its because he knows he isnt going anywhere and won't be leaving the club in the forseable future.

That's good news for me. I don't think Pogba changes agents if he knows he needs a move in the summer

In fairness some very big names in US sports are with them, they ain’t exactly novices like. They negotiate multimillion dollar deals for players all the time, though in the US they would predominantly deal with contracts with clubs and sponsors for the player. They have been going a good few years now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

All this talk about food and breakfast in particular... It’s a slippery slope. It will be pandas next, then you’ll be calling each other saps and the transformation will be complete. You’ll be Liverpool fans from 4 years ago.
    We need to win a big trophy badly for our own sakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Roc Nation have a fairly large stable of American sports stars so not new on the scene but new to football which may mean some teething problems.
    Iirc they did make a fair balls of the Ward fight they promoted recently.

Here’s an article by Forbes about them, before Lukaku they had contract values of 900m between 33 sport stars. Some pretty big names on their client list like Kevin Durant and Robinson Cano, as well as Cespedes who would be one of the highest earners at the Mets.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/rocnation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Post from yesterday:

Just when you think you can't like lukaku more this guy is going to overtake Mata and Herrera in lovabelness soon.

All this talk about food and breakfast in particular... It’s a slippery slope. It will be pandas next, then you’ll be calling each other saps and the transformation will be complete. You’ll be Liverpool fans from 4 years ago.
    We need to win a big trophy badly for our own sakes.
    Theres nothing wrong with pandas tbh

In fairness some very big names in US sports are with them, they ain’t exactly novices like. They negotiate multimillion dollar deals for players all the time, though in the US they would predominantly deal with contracts with clubs and sponsors for the player. They have been going a good few years now

Ah ok.

First time I've heard of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm so confused....
    I would assume Riola would be better at getting transfers and contracts - so moving to someone that (again, I assume) is far more marketing based would indicate no massive interest in leaving the club any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Here’s an article by Forbes about them, before Lukaku they had contract values of 900m between 33 sport stars. Some pretty big names on their client list like Kevin Durant and Robinson Cano, as well as Cespedes who would be one of the highest earners at the Mets.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/rocnation/

Would there be the same level of trying to sort moves as you would have in football though?

They would have no contacts or network built up at the big clubs, and in America there really aren't transfers - there are club driven trades, where the contract can just be transfered to the new team. Renewals would be huge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

What about sweetcorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What about sweetcorn?

Pepperoni, mushroom, sweetcorn & pineapple.

#1 pizza

paulbok wrote: »

#1 pizza

Lost me at mushroom M8 and I have low standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

paulbok wrote: »

#1 pizza

Mushroom, pepperoni, ham and pineapple is my pizza. This pizza talk is killing me! Can't wait to have one tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Mushroom, pepperoni, ham and pineapple is my pizza. This pizza talk is killing me! Can't wait to have one tomorrow evening.

I know, I'd murder one now after all this :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So how we gonna line out tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ham and peperonie on top and and half pineapple for the freaks and mushroom on other half.

Thick crust with a nice save filling on the edges.

Pineapple
    Ham - Chicken - Sweetcorn
    Mushrooms - Peppers
    Cheese - Pepperoni - Onion - Ground Beef
    Tomato Sauce

Would there be the same level of trying to sort moves as you would have in football though?

They would have no contacts or network built up at the big clubs, and in America there really aren't transfers - there are club driven trades, where the contract can just be transfered to the new team. Renewals would be huge though.

They wouldn’t really have any say in trades as such as it’s all driven by the GM’s of teams, players don’t even get a say in it really.

Saying that I’m sure Lukaku would know that so I think it’s actually a good thing that he has done this as it makes it look like he wants to be at United indefinitely

• Advertisement

Pizza is definitely pepperoni salami bacon for me

Peperoni, Chicken, Sweetcorn, Garlic Shake and a BBQ Base.

Think that puts the pizza argument to bed.

Either that or I'll be getting blocked by alot of ye.

Pineapple
    Ham - Chicken - Sweetcorn
    Mushrooms - Peppers
    Cheese - Pepperoni - Onion - Ground Beef
    Tomato Sauce

I'd have chilli in for onion

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ham and peperonie on top and and half pineapple for the freaks and mushroom on other half.

Thick crust with a nice save filling on the edges.

God no, has to be a thin crust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Got a Super Valu chicken/ham/salami one in the fridge. Gonna add some onion and sweetcorn before I cook it later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You've got a semi-final tomorrow, and you'll talking about pizza...??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Would you prefer we discussed bacon?

Yes, yes we are

Would you prefer we discussed bacon?

Dry cured back bacon. None of that American streaky sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Theres nothing wrong with pandas tbh

Can never finish a whole one.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.