Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You've got a semi-final tomorrow, and you'll talking about pizza...??

please dont drag us back to a discussion about Jose, tactics, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You've got a semi-final tomorrow, and you'll talking about pizza...??

What do you like on yours?

Actually sorry to take the thread off topic but was the press conference today? Anything said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jayo26 wrote: »
    What do you like on yours?

What does Sergio like more importantly?
    1297156.jpg

And can Marcos make Pizza better than he makes toast
    865f371a346c48ac7274b80f0762ca86_crop_north.jpg?1444056058&w=630&h=420

pjohnson wrote: »
    What does Sergio like more importantly?
    1297156.jpg
    ]

He doesn't eat pizza he is doing a delivery job on the side to boost his salary.

I'm not happy that Jalapeno got left out of that line-up.

He doesn't eat pizza he is doing a delivery job on the side to boost his salary.

I guess this is the poverty Jose is forcing upon his players. Poor Sergio can't get any of his appearance related bonuses :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm not happy that Jalapeno got left out of that line-up.

Pfft, league one chilli, at best.

Habanero or hotter please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pineapple
    Ham - Chicken - Sweetcorn
    Mushrooms - Peppers
    Cheese - Pepperoni - Onion - Ground Beef
    Tomato Sauce

I'm giving up supporting if they start Pineapple again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Actually sorry to take the thread off topic but was the press conference today? Anything said?

A whole loaf of nothing, discussed saying he doesn’t see any advantage to Spurs by it being at Wembley..

astradave wrote: »
    A whole loaf of nothing, discussed saying he doesn’t see any advantage to Spurs by it being at Wembley..

Surely its an advantage to us considering Lingard loves the place :D

paulbok wrote: »
    Pfft, league one chilli, at best.

Habanero or hotter please

I agree, unfortunately Habanero is not on the market where I order from.

Jalapeno works well in a strong team in fairness, especially when partnered with Chilli Flakes. Their runs through the middle can be quite fiery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Said a few words about Wenger that did not include any accusations of voyeurism...

Meanwhile, yet again, Poch plays down the importance of Spurs winning an FA Cup.

I mean, he's not wrong in saying that only the PL or CL title will lift Spurs to that next level, but considering Spurs are not going to win either this season and the FA Cup is their last shot at silverware, this would be the perfect season for them to scoop up an FA Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Meanwhile, yet again, Poch plays down the importance of Spurs winning an FA Cup.

I mean, he's not wrong in saying that only the PL or CL title will lift Spurs to that next level, but considering Spurs are not going to win either this season and the FA Cup is their last shot at silverware, this would be the perfect season for them to scoop up an FA Cup.

I'm sure he'd like to win something before he goes on a sojourn to Madrid.

Dunno what it is but I'm quietly confident about tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Sorry, actually I do know, it's the peyote I ate earlier.

Still think we will go through though.

Been a while since we won a penalty shootout.

I'm sure he'd like to win something before he goes on a sojourn to Madrid.

Dunno what it is but I'm quietly confident about tomorrow.

I was loudly confident against pool at start of season and I was confident against spurs earlier this year.

Tomorrow I'm concerned what United will turn up??? The one that runs and presses the game or the one that strolls around and don't care.

Sorry, actually I do know, it's the peyote I ate earlier.

Still think we will go through though.

Been a while since we won a penalty shootout.

Where did you get that on a pizza?!:eek:

I'm not doom and gloom about tomorrow, but not overly confident either. The last game against Spurs in January was a woeful performance. Never mind technical ability, the attitudes of some of our players was just way off that night. Pogba the most obvious.

Was it the January game they scored from kick off? Think that kinda borked everything up for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I do like pineapples on a pizza.

However, is there anything to be said for anchovies? Dont knock it until you've tried it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

VW 1 wrote: »
    I do like pineapples on a pizza.

However, is there anything to be said for anchovies? Dont knock it until you've tried it...

Did anyone ever try a Full Irish pizza? Basically a fry up on a pizza.

Did anyone ever try a Full Irish pizza? Basically a fry up on a pizza.

The Mizzoni up the road are famous for theirs, the mix the egg in with the cheese, it’s actually really nice

Oh I’m actually having Pizza right now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Mizzoni up the road are famous for theirs, the mix the egg in with the cheese, it’s actually really nice

Oh I’m actually having Pizza right now :pac:

I thought I was getting Pizza :)

I didn't get Pizza :(

Be grand, I'm getting pints tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nice words from Fergie on Wenger...

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/987324748119068672

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/987325521280290816

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/987325696841273344

Made for a great rivalry in the early years. A feud that fed on success, unlike our rivalry with say, Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

on the topic of pizza and with Wenger leaving arsenal at end of season, i cant believe no one mentioned pizza gate where fergie had a ham and PINEAPPLE pizza smack in the middle of the face :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bangkok wrote: »
    on the topic of pizza and with Wenger leaving arsenal at end of season, i cant believe no one mentioned pizza gate where fergie had a ham and PINEAPPLE pizza smack in the middle of the face :pac::pac:

SAF didn't mind the pizza getting flung at him but was disgusted with the pineapple on it. He's a well known hater of pineapple #funfact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yabadabado wrote: »
    SAF didn't mind the pizza getting flung at him but was disgusted with the pineapple on it. He's a well known hater of pineapple #funfact

i heard it licked some of the pineapple directly off his cheek and loved it

bangkok wrote: »
    i heard it licked some of the pineapple directly off his cheek and loved it

Half right. He did inadvertently got some pineapple slime on his lip and it shook him to his core. He just couldn't believe people actually ate it and thought it was some sort of sick joke by Arsenal.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Half right. He did inadvertently got some pineapple slime on his lip and it shook him to his core. He just couldn't believe people actually ate it and thought it was some sort of sick joke by Arsenal.

Tbf it wouldn’t surprise me if SAF likes pineapple on pizza, he’s Scottish, where Irn bru an Haggis are part of the diet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I did,they use to do them in Flanagan's on O'Connell street

Sausage
    Bacon
    Pudding
    Sliced tomato
    An egg in the middle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Chilli Beef, Jalapeno, Pepperoni, Onion and well after those who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Team I'd like

DDG
    Val- chris- bailly- young
    Herrera -Matic
    Rash Pogba Sanchez
    Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What the **** is this pizza / food sh'ite talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Nalz wrote: »
    What the **** is this pizza / food sh'ite talk?

Bonding exercise.

Gameday please be a good day.

I'd wager we beat Spurs today and then lose to Southampton in the finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am expecting a loss today. We are playing away to Spurs. The last time went horrifically wrong. Needs a big performance from more than just one or two players to win this one.

I would love Southampton to beat Chelsea. If Utd don’t win it I’d rather it be Spurs or Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

GSPfan wrote: »
    I am expecting a loss today. We are playing away to Spurs. The last time went horrifically wrong. Needs a big performance from more than just one or two players to win this one.

I would love Southampton to beat Chelsea. If Utd don’t win it I’d rather it be Spurs or Southampton.

What is the ticket allocation? I would be wary of calling this an away match tbh

I would love Southampton to beat Chelsea. If Utd don’t win it I’d rather it be Spurs or Southampton

For the sake of this thread, please no.....

I'd happily take Chelsea (who are going to sack their manager and lose a few players this summer anyway) or Southampton (who'll be relegated). The longer Spurs goes without winning a trophy, the better. Not just for my personal sanity, but because as a team, they need a trophy of some sort to encourage them to kick on up a level.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For the sake of this thread, please no.....

I'd happily take Chelsea (who are going to sack their manager and lose a few players this summer anyway) or Southampton (who'll be relegated). The longer Spurs goes without winning a trophy, the better. Not just for my personal sanity, but because as a team, they need a trophy of some sort to encourage them to kick on up a level.

Ha ha. The label of Pochettino not winning anything will be gone and the Jose v Poch divide will grow ever more vicious. I got to be honest I like Spurs and Pochettino but even I would hate to have to read this thread if Spurs win a trophy. If it’s not us I’d rather it was them but it will bring consequences.

What is the ticket allocation? I would be wary of calling this an away match tbh

It’s not the fans that will make it an away match it’s the fact it’s their home stadium this season and they will feel like the home team in their preparations. Considering how bad we were in that stadium against them a few months ago I am staying pessimistic with a slight hope of being wrong. It helps dampen the rage if we play another stinker.

Ha ha. The label of Pochettino not winning anything will be gone and the Jose v Poch divide will grow ever more vicious. I got to be honest I like Spurs and Pochettino but even I would hate to have to read this thread if Spurs win a trophy. If it’s not us I’d rather it was them but it will bring consequences.

I like aspects of Spurs. I really dislike others. They can play nice football. They can also become quite petulant and dirty when things aren't going their way.

Anyway, I've no clue what happens today. We're so wildly inconsistent. Worse, we seem to need to go two down before we'll start playing. I can't see us not letting Kane score. So we'll need to put a few past them.

Nervous.

I think Ander will be told to pester Alli. Alli could easily lash out and get sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Only thing that might throw them off is that we are the designated home team so they will be in the away dressing room. Might throw them somewhat. Still veering towards extra time and possibly pens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think Ander will be told to pester Alli. Alli could easily lash out and get sent off.

I saw somebody on another forum describe Herrerra as: "a woefully underrated s***house. Diving, imaginary cards, leaving a bit on the opposition, he can do it all.":pac:

• Advertisement

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Only thing that might throw them off is that we are the designated home team so they will be in the away dressing room. Might throw them somewhat. Still veering towards extra time and possibly pens.

I thought they weren't using the home dressing room anyway or something like that.

Vertigo100 wrote: »

Pretty sure they use the away dressing room there anyways as they were refused a request to alter the home dressing room as it’s done for the English team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Herrera won't be allowed to even look at one of England's golden boys funny without getting a yellow.

I thought they weren't using the home dressing room anyway or something like that.

They always use the away dressing room. Home one is kitted out with England gear.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Comfortable win for spurs, dembele will bully the United midfield

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement