Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

threein99 wrote: »
    Who cares, we won.

Oh I know, just great knowing someone thought Spurs would win comfortably was wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    Somethings never change.

Spurs still choke at the big stage

Get the **** in

And long may it continue...

• Pottechino a serial loser

And some lads want to see this guy as our manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Danny Murphy so so bitter...

• Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who was the poster who said Spurs would win comfortably and Dembele would bully the United midfield?

Il take a guess and say Bangkok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I wonder would spurs of won that game if Harry Kane had to be playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jose roaring at Ander and Pogba after the first few minutes worked wonders both did so much work today Pogba with a couple of dodgy moments but this Pogba today he is the future captain midfield general we need to show up more often, he linked up with sanchez so well and was able to find Lukaku with amazing precision. Great to see Jones back he put his body on the line with a tackle good fun to watch the game unfold the way it did, deserved winners.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

No it was a stray from the spurs forum he found his way home now tho it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh I know, just great knowing someone thought Spurs would win comfortably was wrong....

In fairness it was hardly a way off the mark prediction, they have walked all us 3 years in a row at their place and it looked ominous at 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A moment of contemplation for Danny Murphy.

I think he's done enough to pass his RTE audition, that is what this train wreck was I assume... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pottechino a serial loser

And some lads want to see this guy as our manager

I saw he was giving interviews saying Spurs didn't need to win the trophy, which is a bloody shocking attitude to take.

He may play "nice" football, but mentally his team is weak, and dirty bastards to boot, too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I just hope Pogbas recently improved form is not because of World Cup and to put himself in the shop window. If it’s him actually stepping up to the plate for United it bodes very well for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jayo26 wrote: »
    No it was a stray from the spurs forum he found his way home now tho it seems.

A poor lost stray. I hope he doesn't choke on a pineapple on the way back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I saw he was giving interviews saying Spurs didn't need to win the trophy, which is a bloody shocking attitude to take.

He may play "nice" football, but mentally his team is weak, and dirty bastards to boot, too....

My thoughts exactly, getting the excuses ready before a ball was kicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Comfortable win for spurs, dembele will bully the United midfield

Quote this around half 7

Heres the quote you asked for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Dancing against us at Wembley.

Went well for the last fella that tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Typical cup semi final performance.

Did what needed to be done.

Was disappointed with Rashford when he came on. Should of done better when he was 1v1 with Dier.

Herrera, Sanchez, Pogba any of those could of got MOTM.

Delighted Ander is playing so well. Has been my favourite player since he joined.

I dont know if it was as Spurs were wrecked but the team seemed way more confident on the ball in the 2nd half actually playing it around well in tighter areas long may it continue

pjohnson wrote: »
    Heres the quote you asked for

Am I right in thinking the bully was the one bullied off the ball by Pogba for Alexis goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm taking huge credit for win today.

Ever since I complained that United never seem come back and win games when goal down I think that's the 4th if 5th game we won since falling behind.

#doingmybit

I'm taking huge credit for win today.

Ever since I complained that United never seem come back and win games when goal down I think that's the 4th if 5th game we won since falling behind.

#doingmybit

Nah I give credit to the ones that said Jose couldn't do it against top six teams.... they are the true hero's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

'Lads, it's Tottenham' is as appropriate a pre-match team talk today as it was 20 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

yabadabado wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the bully was the one bullied off the ball by Pogba for Alexis goal?

I dont know. He requested the quote so maybe he will elaborate. More likely he will dissappear for months however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Be great if we can beat Arsenal next week, and we should considering it's between their Europa League semi finals which they will be focusing more on. That should all but wrap up 2nd place which means we can rest players for the last few league games before the cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

xtal191 wrote: »

That's gas considering it's from the official Fa Cup account.

• Been a good day in a sea of **** ones of late (not footy related)

Few more cans now and play some GOW to top it off, enjoy the evening folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The thing I enjoyed was, yeah Utd dropped deep to protect the lead but they did it with a purpose this time and closed all the gaps. Not like we’ve seen before where they just dropped deeper and deeper through fear and stood around like statues.

We never looked in any real danger in the second half. We even defended the set pieces well which is a fecking miracle.

Spurs looked to have less and less answers when the questions were put to them. Can’t believe how quite Kane was in the second half because he was finding space easily in the first and causing problems.

Thought our two full backs were probably our worst players on the pitch.

Fûcking delighted.

• Advertisement

Great analysis from BBC.

It would drive ya nuts. Two minutes of post match analysis and then “see ya”
    You would think they would make the most of having such a big fixture on live considering they get so little of them.

adox wrote: »
    You would think they would make the most of having such a big fixture on live considering they get so little of them.

Cop on to yourself sure it's the queen's birthday. Have to have a day of celebrations, I think she owns the BBC:D

Nope they rather show pointless celebrities.

Bein sports ain't so bad even if they do have two pool lads on it for some strange reason.

Sorry but if that was my manager after been knocked out of a cup semi final I would not want him on tv smiling and laughing in his post match interview what the fuk like he says he ain't literally disappointed.

Give me a salty manager any day if the week.

Cop on to yourself sure it's the queen's birthday. Have to have a day of celebrations, I think she owns the BBC:D

She might own it but she didnt make it.......

Yeah I heard them say that and then Pointless Celebrities came on, which I thought was quite apt. :pac:

Imagine getting Chelsea in the final and beating them, after they finish outside top 4.

It would be particularly delicious given Contes comments on wanting to avoid having a Mourinho season.

Just went to read the match thread. If you haven’t already read it, check out Business Cats beautifully poetic opening post. A cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Super result. I thought Herrera was amazing today. Pogba and Sanchez both excellent, Matic was very solid, as was the defence and lukaku worked his socks off. DDG didn't need to pull us out of the fire either which was nice.

Delighted with that. I'd say Jose enjoyed that victory :)

Also an on form Ander Herrera is absolutely made for our system. He was so crucial to that performance, long may his return to form continue. The passion, energy and guile he brings to the midfield cannot be understated, and he has just the right amount of nasty in him too.

• Advertisement

Just went to read the match thread. If you haven’t already read it, check out Business Cats beautifully poetic opening post. A cracker.

I just did the same what an entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

**** the pizza’s, break out the Steaks! I just finished mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Very happy with today. Hopefully we can end on a high. Herrera has come storming back into form of late.

One thing I loved was Jones reaction with Smalling near the end when they forced the ball out for a goal-kick. So pumped and passionate about the result.

Delighted with that result, can't wait to see the game later. Just saw a streamable of Pogba's cross for Alexis goal, what a ball and what a finish.
    Sorry but if that was my manager after been knocked out of a cup semi final I would not want him on tv smiling and laughing in his post match interview what the fuk like he says he ain't literally disappointed.

Give me a salty manager any day if the week.

You should check out the post-match comments from one of today's earlier games. Want salt? You got it.

27aa6ac999fdd20511b917d5d91d239b.jpg

I'm also undefeated with match threads, think it's 9 or 10 now, all wins.

I guess you could say I'm a pretty big deal around here.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Will also add, just had the wisdom tooth taken out yesterday and stuck at home on medication.

No drinks, smokes or rollerblading for the time being! Was prepared for the worse today to be honest but delighted with the result. Made my day anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote: »
    **** the pizza’s, break out the Steaks! I just finished mine :D

The very lovely ms Brinty has some on now for dinner...

Are we fillet,sirloin,t-none or rump folk around here...

And don’t get me started on sauces

FWIW.... no sauce required on a decent steak...

• Special shout out to Ander...

For a player who had such an awful first half of the season has worked his way back into the side

I still believe the best balance can only be provided when we have a 3 man midfield and we have suffered when his performances clearly dipped and we moved to a 2 man midfield (the gap was plugged by McTominey somewhat) but recently he's clawed his way back and performances have improved, still inconsistent I must say but at least there seems to be a better balance when he's playing well

brinty wrote: »
    The very lovely ms Brinty has some on now for dinner...

Are we fillet,sirloin,t-none or rump folk around here...

And don’t get me started on sauces

FWIW.... no sauce required on a decent steak...

Steak...now we're fúcking talking brinty.

T-bone all the way for me, medium, though I'll happily eat any cut if it's put in front of me and cooked right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I would def not say that considering pogba is one of the strongest players in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Will also add, just had the wisdom tooth taken out yesterday and stuck at home on medication.

No drinks, smokes or rollerblading for the time being! Was prepared for the worse today to be honest but delighted with the result. Made my day anyway!

That is an absolute joke!

A life without the blades is one not worth living :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement