Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ICO Wages

• 17-03-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

See that the HSE are recruiting for ICO and looked at the job specs. Is the starting rate 27k all in or do you get shift allowances? I can’t get over how bad the wages are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

mojopin10 wrote: »
    See that the HSE are recruiting for ICO and looked at the job specs. Is the starting rate 27k all in or do you get shift allowances? I can’t get over how bad the wages are.

Don’t panels exist currently for ICO vacancies as they arise?
    Why more recruitment then, or are people on panels not taking up job offers, wages being one reason why maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

Any other drivers within the HSE get paid a minimum of 26k, and that is with zero patient care or other qualifications required. I can't get over how little the HSE values ambulance staff. EMT's, paramedics and AP's are grossly underpaid. (source on the salaries of other drivers: https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/benefitsservices/pay/)

To answer your question (somewhat), here is more info on shift allowances, etc. here is some more info: http://www.nasra.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156:nas-pay-scales-and-allowances-2011&catid=62:pay-scales-and-allowances&Itemid=252

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

EMT's don't get shift pay unless they work on the bumbleance or critical care service. You will get OT, Sunday premium and subsistence.
    You will earn over 30k in your first year

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Juanito13 wrote: »
    EMT's don't get shift pay unless they work on the bumbleance or critical care service. You will get OT, Sunday premium and subsistence.

Are ICO’s working night shifts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Juanito13 wrote: »

Depends on what station you're sent to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement