Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into new build (Gas/Electricity)

Options
  • 17-03-2018 3:22pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have moved into a new build and need to move my electricity from previous apartment. I don't have access to a meter reading, landlord said he would cover the remainder and I can pay him back.
    With regards to getting set up in new address, I have the MPRN and [font=arial, sans-serif]GPRN[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]for both electricity and gas. Can you tell me how I go about switching my account. According to letter you have sent you are open Saturday from 8am-8pm but I could not get through. Is this because of the bank holiday weekend? If so it is not clear you are not available then.
    Can I arrange a callback from you for today (if possible, or instead on Tuesday to get this sorted?)
    It's been 4 years since I last moved so I can't remember how I moved the ESB

Best regards,
    Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can complete this for you here by private message (please note, we are unable to take bank details here, for security purposes), or we would recommend calling the dedicated Electric Ireland Sales team if you wish to register for savings with Electric Ireland.

They are available to call on 1850 305 090 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

If you would like for us to close an account at an old address, here on Boards.ie, could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your previous address
    • Your account number
    • Your telephone number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    • A meter reading the date you left the property (or recently taken, we recommend contacting your landlord for this)
    • The name and telephone number of the person responsible for the supply at the property now that you've left the premises (in this case, this would be your landlord, or any new occupant at the property)
    • Your forwarding address, for your final bill
    We can then look into closing the account at you previous address.

In order to open an account at a new property we would require both the MPRN and the GPRN of the property, as well as the meter readings taken the date you moved in to the premises.

Just to advise, Electric Ireland's opening hours are subject to change during public holidays, and as such no agents were available to call Saturday or yesterday, on bank holiday Monday.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can complete this for you here by private message (please note, we are unable to take bank details here, for security purposes), or we would recommend calling the dedicated Electric Ireland Sales team if you wish to register for savings with Electric Ireland.

They are available to call on 1850 305 090 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

If you would like for us to close an account at an old address, here on Boards.ie, could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your previous address
    • Your account number
    • Your telephone number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    • A meter reading the date you left the property (or recently taken, we recommend contacting your landlord for this)
    • The name and telephone number of the person responsible for the supply at the property now that you've left the premises (in this case, this would be your landlord, or any new occupant at the property)
    • Your forwarding address, for your final bill

[*]
    We can then look into closing the account at you previous address.

In order to open an account at a new property we would require both the MPRN and the GPRN of the property, as well as the meter readings taken the date you moved in to the premises.

Just to advise, Electric Ireland's opening hours are subject to change during public holidays, and as such no agents were available to call Saturday or yesterday, on bank holiday Monday.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige
    [*]
    Cheers Brige, sorted it via phonecall this morning.

Nick

Advertisement