Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Okay, but the thread is about the upcoming referendum. If you want to discuss the death penalty, thats another thread.

I'm voting yes

your ignorance of what is proposed is unfortunately shared by many.

I dont know how else to describe it.. disemboweled, eviscerated, decapitated etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

jugger0 wrote: »
    I'm voting yes

It's none of my business what way you vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Why are you so afraid? I mean you are voting for this?

She doesn't have to justify herself to you. And you are no more voting Yes than David Quinn is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I dont know how else to describe it.. disemboweled, eviscerated, decapitated etc

Try propaganda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If the referendum is passed and the legislation enacted the vast majority of the abortions carried out will be medical abortions i.e. the woman takes two pills and that is that. No "scrambling of babies in wombs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

What has her choice of settings on the website got to do with her voting choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

jugger0 wrote:

Who's afraid? if the nuns in school didn't scare me when they wheeled the vcr into our classroom, a link from a stranger on the Internet won't do a tap.

If all you have is a video and some false equivalence between the death penalty and abortion, then you need to stock up your arsenal pet, we've seen and heard those arguments for the last 35 years and have managed to make informed decisions anyway.

If the referendum is passed and the legislation enacted the vast majority of the abortions carried out will be medical abortions i.e. the woman takes two pills and that is that. No "scrambling of babies in wombs".

Thats before 9 weeks though, the ones after that get the brutal treatment.

• Advertisement

12 weeks not 9.

Who's afraid? if the nuns in school didn't scare me when they wheeled the vcr into our classroom, a link from a stranger on the Internet won't do a tap.

If all you have is a video and some false equivalence between the death penalty and abortion, then you need to stock up your arsenal pet, we've seen and heard those arguments for the last 35 years and have managed to make informed decisions anyway.

The other person who wont watch a video on what she is voting for is afraid. Im not trying to scare anyone, I just think its a big deal and people should know what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Another blatant lie :rolleyes:

jugger0 wrote:

Wrong, try again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was in the room of a close friend receiving a medical abortion at 10-11 weeks (she wasnt sure)
    It was emotionally harrowing but was not physically brutal.

The only "brutal" part was the clotting afterwards and the fact she could not go to a doctor on the 5 hours car journey to the port or on the boat back.

I'm so glad she could confide in me. Because its an awful experience and no one should ahve to go through it along with travelling away from your support network.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: This is not true. You've posted a lot of things recently that are not true. Stop lying. Stop trying to get a reaction.

Feel free to continue posting, but any more nonsense like this and you won't be posting here again.

jugger0 wrote:
    The other person who wont watch a video on what she is voting for is afraid. Im not trying to scare anyone, I just think its a big deal and people should know what happens.

People do know what happens, this referendum isn't a surprise a lot of us have been advocating for this for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whataboutery!!!! Just whataboutery!!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wrong.

Pills can be used up until 12 weeks. After 12 weeks abortions will only be allowed in the case of FFA or threat to the woman's life.

people are well aware of what happens in a surgical abortion.

• Advertisement

Aren't you very good. Here to educate people. I've never seen what happens after the fetus has been aborted. It's dead so what would be the point in voting to keep a woman in an unwanted pregnancy because of what happens to the feotus afterwards? I'm perfectly ok with voting yes. Just like when I die my body will be dissected so that my organs can be donated.

Mod: This is not true. You've posted a lot of things recently that are not true. Stop lying. Stop trying to get a reaction.

Feel free to continue posting, but any more nonsense like this and you won't be posting here again.

I take that back, I read several sources that said 8-10 weeks tops, now I see a source that says you can take one 24 weeks into pregnancy. Apologies.

people are well aware of what happens in a surgical abortion.

I really dont think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I really dont think they are.

They are, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I take that back, I read several sources that said 8-10 weeks tops, now I see a source that says you can take one 24 weeks into pregnancy. Apologies.

A big deal of info relating to the effect of the 8th and the possible outcome of repeal can be seen on this website: https://aboutthe8th.com/

I highly recommend reading the FAQ. Whatever info you had beforehand was way off

....... wrote: »

Do you really think most women will sit and watch a video of baby dismemberment? Its so horrific if I was to post it I would be banned immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I didn't disable PMs in response to your post. I have my own reasons for having them disabled which have nothing to do with this topic and which are, quite frankly, none of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭optogirl

But haven't you posted on other threads about enjoying watching that kind of thing? Beheadings, people being burned & maimed - your faux horror at a surgical procedure is just ridiculous

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement