Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

MOD NOTE As sean635 is now band from this thread don't reply to his comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Jeez about time! People are receiving infractions for comments yet he states that a victim of rape should be forced to remain pregnant and you do nothing. He was let loose on this thread for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Madscientist30

sean635 wrote: »
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    Because they graduated from being a fetus to being a person by being born. Before that they are a fetus not a person.

So you have to be born to be a person as well as having sentient thought as you said before? Please explain to me how the vaginal canal confers personhood when the baby passes through it at birth.
    That is the point when they become a living breathing human being. Even the Bible says so, if you are a religious type!

On the right to travel thing you seem to be quite ambiguous. Do you support the rights of Irish women to travel for an abortion, or do you think that should be outlawed as well for moral reasons?
    You contradict yourself unbelieveably!! You dont want to restrict the right to travel for abortion because it might be inconvenient. But all along you have been saying that the right to life of the unborn trumps any inconvenience of the pregnant woman, as you charmingly put it. That makes zero sense, you surely must see that!

Well if you disagree with science, religion and the law in the majority of the most developed and advanced societies on the planet, then maybe at some point you just have to have the level of introspection to ask yourself "Am I really correct here?". Where does this belief come from?

As you well know, a full term fetus can be delivered safely and can live and breathe alone. Repealing the 8th will not lead to full term abortions despite the hysteria and dishonest attempts at scaremongering by pro-life propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Madscientist30

Apologies, I just saw Sean was banned after I had replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Its a internet thread lads, there are extreme views out there on both sides, but regardless of views or madness of them, on voting day if regd, they get to put their x on the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Ismisejack

when did you tell it the first time? dont think its in any of your 26 posts.(at a quick glance)

But it is very similar to a post by Da Boss https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105863283
    another very vocal anti choicer who for some inexplicable reason hasn't been seen since just before you arrived:confused:

Very quick I must say, your right in what you say I lost my password login for that account so this is me now. The eighth has saved ismisejack the same as DaBoss in that case! The eighth saved my live as it made abortion inconvenient, so for that reason I believe the eighth amendment should be retained as it’s saved countless lives, and what better reason is there than saving lives is their to keep a law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Jack, you're obviously pro-life so I'm hoping you can answer a question the rest of people from your side have failed to answer.

Do you believe that a woman who has been raped (and has become pregnant due to that rape) should be forced into keeping that unwanted pregnancy to satisfy the pro-life agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ismisejack wrote: »
    Very quick I must say, your right in what you say I lost my password login for that account so this is me now. The eighth has saved ismisejack the same as DaBoss in that case! The eighth saved my live as it made abortion inconvenient, so for that reason I believe the eighth amendment should be retained as it’s saved countless lives, and what better reason is there than saving lives is their to keep a law

And I know at least 5 people who are alive because one woman had one abortion.

How do you lose a password there is a forgotten password function for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Do you still want women who have abortions charged with murder?

• Advertisement

Jack, you're obviously pro-life so I'm hoping you can answer a question the rest of people from your side have failed to answer.

Do you believe that a woman who has been raped (and has become pregnant due to that rape) should be forced into keeping that unwanted pregnancy to satisfy the pro-life agenda?
    I believe the baby was brought into this world through no fault of their own and I personally believe it would be morally indefensible to terminate that child’s life, that does however I understand leave unfortunate women victim of a disgraceful crime however in my view two wrong don’t make a right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

And that's great for your mother, that she was able to make the right choice for herself. She decided that she didn't want an abortion so she didn't have one, great for her. Other women who do want to have an abortion should be able to have one if they want to. Nobody forced your mother to have an abortion, the same way as nobody should be able to force any woman to remain pregnant.

Ah for fcek's sake, another one! I'm out. #Repealthe8th

I believe the baby was brought into this world through no fault of their own and I personally believe it would be morally indefensible to terminate that child’s life, that does however I understand leave unfortunate women victim of a disgraceful crime however in my view two wrong don’t make a right

Jack, very simple.

Do you believe the woman should be forced to continue that pregnancy, all I want is a yes or a no, but you won't say yes, because you know how terrible that sounds forcing a pregnancy on a woman who's been forced to have intercourse, and you won't say no, because it'll destroy your own belief.

You've nothing to contribute anymore.

I'm definitely out after this last comment. Hopefully your mother wasn't raped, and I mean that respectfully, not being snide. If she had been how would you have felt growing up knowing you were the product of a rape? That your mother had no choice but to go through a pregnancy she didn't want?

crustybla wrote: »
    I'm definitely out after this last comment. Hopefully your mother wasn't raped, and I mean that respectfully, not being snide. If she had been how would you have felt growing up knowing you were the product of a rape? That your mother had no choice but to go through a pregnancy she didn't want?

I know it unfortunate, it’s not ideal, I just can’t agree with the idea of taking a child’s life for no fault of there own , surely you respect that

I know it unfortunate, it’s not ideal, I just can’t agree with the idea of taking a child’s life for no fault of there own , surely you respect that

No wriggling out of this one Jack.
    Do you believe the woman should be forced to continue that pregnancy, all I want is a yes or a no, but you won't say yes, because you know how terrible that sounds forcing a pregnancy on a woman who's been forced to have intercourse, and you won't say no, because it'll destroy your own belief.

All I want from you, is a "Yes, she should have to continue the pregnancy" or a "No, she should not have to continue the pregnancy".

You're avoiding it Jack because you know one completely discredits your ideology, whilst the other paints yourself in a terrible, terrible picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I can’t respect that when it’s causing unnecessary distress to a living woman. Her life matters too.

The life and welfare of the mother though? She was once an embryo, foetus, child. Now she's just a breeding machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Does anyone know what the craic is with the Repeal jumpers? They seem to have been sold out for ages. Big trick missed there. There's some other sites selling them with a vague "proceeds go to the campaign" slogan which I'm not sure whether to trust.

Anyone know where to get a few of these officially?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

8-10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the craic is with the Repeal jumpers? They seem to have been sold out for ages. Big trick missed there. There's some other sites selling them with a vague "proceeds go to the campaign" slogan which I'm not sure whether to trust.

Anyone know where to get a few of these officially?

Your best bet is to go on twitter and ask the repeal campaign page. They are rare as hens teeth though seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have the repeal t shirt, it was hard to get at the time for some reason, dunno about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Please move on from discussing mod actions. Ye all know that is not allowed. Also stop discussing a users old accounts. I'm deleting the off topic stuff now. Back to the debate please.

Must say I'm surprised how the poll is turning out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone has to open a new account because they lost their password for their old one.

There is a forgot password function for boards, there would be a forgot password function for the email account that they needed to create the account.

Gonna take a stab at a guess and say that particular poster was basically caught rapid in that instance. But who knows. I forget passwords all the time whenever I have to get the new iOS or I’ve been hacked or whatever. Apple is the worst on this but that’s an aside.

But to your broader point that’s just it. We’re seeing people with multiple accounts and a very concerted organised effort to infect this referendum and discourse around it in the most negative way possible.

Only hint to do is watch for it and call it out when we see it.

david75 wrote: »
    Gonna take a stab at a guess and say that particular poster was basically caught rapid in that instance. But who knows. I forget passwords all the time whenever I have to get the new iOS or I’ve been hacked or whatever. Apple is the worst on this but that’s an aside.

But to your broader point that’s just it. We’re seeing people with multiple accounts and a very concerted organised effort to infect this referendum and discourse around it in the most negative way possible.

Only hint to do is watch for it and call it out when we see it.
    It's just more of a personal work related question as I'm actually studying hacking and forensics. Rather than go off topic I might start a thread on something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Conspectus wrote: »
    Mod-Please move on from discussing mod actions. Ye all know that is not allowed. Also stop discussing a users old accounts. I'm deleting the off topic stuff now. Back to the debate please.

Not really surprised, it is hostile around here towards people who support retain and it doesn't encourage people to enter the topic to post their views.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Not really surprised, it is hostile around here towards people who support retain and it doesn't encourage people to enter the topic to post their views.

Encourage people to enter the topic to post their views? There's been numerous pro-life trolls banned.

We're open to a reasonable and intelligent discussion. The retain side have yet to provide this. It's not our fault your side is being sullied by people coming in and posting absolutely horrendous things that you pass off as "views".

You can vote in the poll without posting in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Hasn't stopped you.

With regard to the poll, I would imagine a lot of people are pro-life, just like you, but they accept that the current situation, whereby abortion is either done illegally and without medical supervision, or outsourced to the UK, is neither humane nor pragmatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Conspectus wrote: »

Really? Did you think it would be the other way around?
    I'm not sure if Repeal will win. I live in rural Ireland and I still see a lot of "old" Ireland around the place. I still see a lot of nonsense being thrown around about abortion and statistics etc. I just hope that everyone who can vote, will vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement