Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is not a lie that in certain cases the unborn can be aborted up to the point of viability in the proposed legislation, which would be near the 6 month period.

It shall be lawful to carry out a termination of pregnancy in accordance with this Head where two medical practitioners certify that, in their reasonable opinion formed in good faith:

(a) there is a risk to the life of, or of serious harm to the health of, the pregnant woman,
    (b) the foetus has not reached viability, and
    (c) it is appropriate to carry out the termination of pregnancy in order to avert that risk.

---

You're probably right that it's not technically a lie, so I'm in the wrong on that. But it is a complete bending of the wording to suit a narrative and leaves an awful lot out to make it's point which is still false advertising.

"If Killing an Unborn Baby at Six Months Bothers You, But Killing a Adult Woman does not, Vote No." seems more accurate and in line with the language of the original poster. But I very much doubt anyone would want to use that slogan to garner votes but it is wrong to just omit details on something so important for the voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

I would post an image of a real 12 week old to compare but people would look to get me banned because they don’t want to deal with reality.

6a9uk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

It is without the umbilical cord and colour is different but looks very human.

So it's not an accurate representation, gotcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

....... wrote: »

Can you tell the repealers to talk about the unborn too as they seem to forget what an abortion is about.
    Most just talk about women and compassion and trust women, God forbid if they mention the unborn life.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can you tell the repealers to talk about the unborn too as they seem to forget what an abortion is about.
    Most just talk about women and compassion and trust women, God forbid if they mention the unborn life.

What about the unborn why should it be more important than my life or the children I've already given birth to? Answer that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It is without the umbilical cord and colour is different but looks very human.

I disagree. It looks nothing like the dolly you posted.

circadian wrote: »
    6a9uk.jpg

Ask the mods to allow a picture of a real 12 week life because one can put their hand to face as it does represent what one really wants to see...nothing that doesn’t suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dodge and run is people wanting to avoid reality of an abortion.
    It is counted as inaccurate as it doesn’t suit the narrative of compassion that the yes side are lying about.

You, of all people, have absolutely no right to accuse others of lying.

Pot, kettle and black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yet you attack me rather than the post and you talk about having some neck...

The realities of abortion, and the effects of the 8th have been pointed out to you time and time again.

I don't like the idea of abortion, but its clear that they are required in a number of circumstances.

Deal with it like a grownup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We know what abortion is, Robert.

Why don't you talk about women and compassion, and compassion for women?

Ask the mods to allow a picture of a real 12 week life because one can put their hand to face as it does represent what one really wants to see...nothing that doesn’t suit.

Anyone can Google like you have yourself what ttheyll see looks nothing like what you have posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I'll willingly accept the mods actions on me for posting this with warning that it is graphic and accurate.

So mods, apologies in advance if this causes you any distress, I am hyperlinking it rather than displaying the image.

http://i.imgur.com/1OK22HS.jpg

Looks absolutely nothing like what you posted. Sit down son.

January wrote: »
    What about the unborn why should it be more important than my life or the children I've already given birth to? Answer that

If your life is healthy, then you are deciding on another life and it is an equally important life
    I never ever said the unborn was more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I had a poo this morning. Does that give me the right to post images of poo on boards.ie? No, it does not. Why? Because other people opening up boards on their phones/laptops shouldn't have to be met with a picture of a poo.

So, to counter your fake 12-week old fetus, I give you this:

Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_large.png?v=1480481059

Aye, no.

I went and googled for the image you mentioned off my own bat. The one I assume you're talking about and the one you posted are not alike.

Maybe you're the one seeing only what you want to see.

If your life is healthy, then you are deciding on another life and it is an equally important life
    I never ever said the unborn was more important.

It is not equally important and it shouldn't be. Why should it be equally important to me or my already born children Robert

I'll willingly accept the mods actions on me for posting this with warning that it is graphic and accurate.

So mods, apologies in advance if this causes you any distress, I am hyperlinking it rather than displaying the image.

http://i.imgur.com/1OK22HS.jpg

Looks absolutely nothing like what you posted. Sit down son.

Same size and my earlier image was accurate
    Here is another, baby Noah who was miscarried at 12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

I had a poo this morning. Does that give me the right to post images of poo on boards.ie? No, it does not. Why? Because other people opening up boards on their phones/laptops shouldn't have to be met with a picture of a poo.

So, to counter your fake 12-week old fetus, I give you this:

Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_large.png?v=1480481059

Tell me you didnt abort that poor helpless poo!:eek::eek:
    Have you no moral compass, you just killed a human poo, it had human DNA , it had something, it could have been a contender!:D:D

Looks nothing like what you posted at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

baylah17 wrote:
    Tell me you didnt abort that poor helpless poo! Have you no moral compass, you just killed a human poo, it had human DNA , it had something, it could have been a contender!

#savethepoo

January wrote: »
    Looks nothing like what you posted at all

Fits into the hand the same way.

So? That's literally the only similarly

....... wrote: »

It is about what is proposed which is 12 weeks unrestricted abortion if repeal wins.
    It is an innocent human life.

Epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

And that's absolutely tragic.

It still doesn't deal with the fact that sometimes things aren't rosey and happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement