Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don’t want to get into your personal life and what happened to your and your wife/partner.
    The unborn is opague but it is still a unique human life and of human form at that stage.

It also does not resemble what you posted stating to be what an unborn 12 week fetus looks like.

You are very, very wrong on the matter and are blatantly unwilling to admit so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not sure if this place to post this but I thought related, even though in US, it involves Crisis Pregnancy Centers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NNpkv3Us1I
    Love John Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No I didn’t and I did state the colour was different in a later post. Nothing else is much different.
    I don’t want to get into your personal life and what happened to your and your wife/partner.
    The unborn is opague but it is still a unique human life and of human form at that stage.
    the questions you ask have all been answered on this thread and the one that preceded it. multiple times.

Nothing else is much different.
    12 week fetus is completely different skin colour, different opacity of skin, no fully defined nose or ears, longer head, less defined mouth, disproportionate limbs, I could go on.

Nothing else is much different, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Ush1 wrote: »
    Next post :pac:

I'll spell it out for you:

No one denies a fetus is human. Literally no one.

We all agree that a fetus is human.

no more a human than my toenail clippings.

We do not all agree a fetus is a human being.

See? There is no contradiction between saying my appendix is alive and is human and saying that my appendix is not a human being.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

He's volunteering information about what happened. Dodge reality much there Robert?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'll spell it out for you:

No one denies a fetus is human. Literally no one.

We all agree that a fetus is human.

no more a human than my toenail clippings.

We do not all agree a fetus is a human being.

See? There is no contradiction between saying my appendix is alive and is human and saying that my appendix is not a human being.

Re-read what the poster actually posted. Pay attention to the first line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Nothing else is much different, no?

Well look, apart from the colour, opacity, size, proportion, fat content, and overall development they're practically identical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It also does not resemble what you posted stating to be what an unborn 12 week fetus looks like.

You are very, very wrong on the matter and are blatantly unwilling to admit so.

The only difference is the colour and the fact the arms and legs in the plastic image are curled into the body unlike the image you and I posted where the limbs were more outstretched.

The only difference is the colour and the fact the arms and legs in the plastic image are curled into the body unlike the image you and I posted where the limbs were more outstretched.

but what difference does it make what the foetus looks like?

• Advertisement

Wrong.

The picture you posted was essentially a fully developed miniature baby with all limbs and appendages with appropriate size ratio applied.

An actual 12 week fetus does not have that.

Try again.

Which a foetus at that stage of development can't do because they can't bend their elbows and knees yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

January wrote: »
    That's not a denial that it's human though

not just 'human', like human hair or human skin, but A human, as in a member of the genus Homo Sapiens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

So it's ok for you to reference your life experiences in relation to graphic images and "the reality" but not for others to do so when it doesn't suit you?

Here is what an unborn looks like at 12 weeks, you see no humanity in this...

model-of-12-week-old-fetus-held-in-female-hand-BJ9RBM.jpg
    Wrong.

The picture you posted was essentially a fully developed miniature baby with all limbs and appendages with appropriate size ratio applied.

An actual 12 week fetus does not have that.

Try again.

So you are saying your head is this proportion to your own body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

So you are saying your head is this proportion to your own body?

That plastic doll is correctly proportionate.

An actual 12 week fetus, is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

....... wrote: »
    See that's a logical question which cannot be answered by a pro lifer without lying, obfuscating, or ignoring the question.
    That's why you have no answer from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

not just 'human', like human hair or human skin, but A human, as in a member of the genus Homo Sapiens.

For argument's sake, lets say you're right; the unborn is a human.

What do No voters and supporters want to see happen if the referendum is rejected?

That plastic doll is correctly proportionate.

An actual 12 week fetus, is not.

So are you saying a baby or other humans have heads as wide as their shoulders?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Re-read what the poster actually posted. Pay attention to the first line.

I bleedin' quoted it in my explanation!

So are you saying a baby or other humans have heads as wide as their shoulders?

Are you saying what you posted is what an unborn 12 week fetus looks like despite being proven wrong numerous times?

NuMarvel wrote: »
    For argument's sake, lets say you're right; the unborn is a human.

What do No voters and supporters want to see happen if the referendum is rejected?

I'm voting yes but I personally find the human/a human argument disingenuous. You can call it what you like the fact that you can't dispute is that it will become a human. It's not a liver or toenail cell or whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

Why don't you answer my questions Robert?

Too difficult for you?

No, it just keeps the thread on track. I believe semantics and derailment is the name of the game and today's round is about a plastic yoke.

No, I am doing other stuff and can only answer so much.

I bleedin' quoted it in my explanation!

No you didn't.

I'm voting yes but I personally find the human/a human argument disingenuous. You can call it what you like the fact that you can't dispute is that it will become a human. It's not a liver or toenail cell or whatever else.

Do you agree that it should not be considered equal in rights to the woman carrying it?

No, I am doing other stuff and can only answer so much.

Like telling lies and posting up false images proclaiming them to be fact only to be bounced around by how incorrect you've shown to be?

• Advertisement

What rights are you talking about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement