Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Ganging up on and harassing me and others of a different view will only weaken whatever agenda you wish to push.

No one is putting words in your mouth. This is a message board. If you want to share your opinion, you can't expect people not to question it. That's kind of how all this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Ganging up on and harassing me and others of a different view will only weaken whatever agenda you wish to push.

Playing the victim card and ignoring as many responses as you can from people with a different view will only weaken whatever agenda YOU wish to push.

You have not been harassed here at all. You are simply making stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sorry this is all I could think of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY

If you feel you are being harassed definitely report the posts.

I really hope that those who will vote yes will be able to sleep with themselves if this referendum is passed.

I think we'll all be able to sleep better knowing the rights of living born citizens will be upheld in full from that point onwards.

I really hope that those who will vote yes will be able to sleep with themselves if this referendum is passed.

Ahh sure we will be out & about sleeping with everyone, without any contraception because we will be able to run in at lunchtime & get a quick abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ahh sure we will be out & about sleeping with everyone, without any contraception because we will be able to run in at lunchtime & get a quick abortion.

It is probably that way for the women in the UK who are on the 7th, 8th or 9th abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is probably that way for the women in the UK who are on the 7th, 8th or 9th abortion.

Surprised you came back tbh after your absolute shambles of an "accurate 12 week old fetus" picture.

Women having a choice bothers you Robert, doesn't it?

Judge not lest ye be judged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Re how people view a pregnancy

Context and expectation is everything and I saw this when my wife had an ectopic pregnancy.

Growth in tube was a tumour that could kill my wife and I wanted it removed as fast as possible.

Had it made it a few more inches to the womb then not a tumour but a possible baby.

It was still exactly the same entity in both cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

7, 8 or 9 abortions over a period of 25+ years of fertility (lets leave out that girls are fertile much younger than age 20 but shure...) ... how many chances is that to get pregnant again... 300 times... hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you really shouldn't rely on the daily mail for objective reporting on anything.

Surprised you came back tbh after your absolute shambles of an "accurate 12 week old fetus" picture.

Women having a choice bothers you Robert, doesn't it?

I'm sorry but you think human have bobble heads as the head was too big to be proportionate, but it didn't suit, so you had to see what wasn't there. All that was wrong was the colour.

The choice to kill is an issue.

you really shouldn't rely on the daily mail for objective reporting on anything.

Between 30% and 34% of abortions are repeat abortions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

January wrote: »
    7, 8 or 9 abortions over a period of 25+ years of fertility (lets leave out that girls are fertile much younger than age 20 but shure...) ... how many chances is that to get pregnant again... 300 times... hmmm.

But don’t you understand that the answer to a tiny minority of women being irresponsible is to punish all women collectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

so?

They mustn't understand how it happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BarleySweets

Robert! Hey buddy! Good to see you back! How would you like women on their 7th, 8th or 9th abortions to be treated by our society?

Also, is 6 and under good by you? What makes the 7th one the kicker?

Robert! Hey buddy! Good to see you back! How would you like women on their 7th, 8th or 9th abortions to be treated by our society?

To be taught sex education.

Well in fairness, if Fianna Fáil keeps voting against sex education classes, how do you expect them to learn how it happens? Afterall, priests aren’t allowed to give their alter boys and girls “special education” anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

bubblypop wrote: »
    With the multiple risks of clotting, haemorrhaging (or for the US based Robert hemorrhaging ), that's not really likely to be true now is it. Come on Robert you can do better than that.

Give us some more fake news, doctored photos will you? The NFL Draft isnt on for a couple of days yet so you should have some free time.

• Advertisement

In that case, should we abolish the social welfare system just because a small percentage of our population are work shy and see the dole as a career choice?

Or do we keep it, knowing a small amount will abuse the system, but taking it as a necessary evil to allow those in genuine crisis's and in desperate need of assistance get the help they need during a tough time?

Its exactly the same thing.

Or their contraception failed, or they can't use contraception, or they are in abusive relationships and are being stealthed by their partners.

It's absolutely none of your business how many abortions a woman has in her lifetime, if she doesn't feel she is able to have a child she shouldn't be forced into it. Whether she is being responsible or irresponsible, why would you force an irresponsible woman to raise a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

a) So?
    b) Source? Is this like the "1 in 5" stats that were roundly laughed at and debunked?

We're just getting down to the crux of it, Robert doesn't like women who have sex for pleasure. That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm sorry but you think human have bobble heads as the head was too big to be proportionate, but it didn't suit, so you had to see what wasn't there. All that was wrong was the colour.

The choice to kill is an issue.

The colour, the limbs, the facial features, the proportions. And not randomly wrong, wrong in a way specifically and explicitly aimed to make it look more like a baby.

Literally you could post a picture of a Barbie doll and say it's basically just a scaled down woman and it'd be as sensible a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Woohoo Free abortions for everyone
    Maybe have abortion scratch cards where you win multiple deluxe abortions at the resort of your choice
    Oops sorry ii used the "choice" word, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

how will that make a difference if contraception fails?
    how will that make a difference if carrying a baby at all is dangerous for the woman?

And how would a woman on her 7th, 8th or 9th abortion being taught sex education prevent accidental pregnancies from happening? Condoms burst; or if they’re using the rhythm method, ovulation can happen unexpectedly; the pill can fail; people can make mistakes even if they know all of the facts. How should society treat these serial “mistakes makers? What about you, how would you treat women on their 7th, 8th or 9th abortion? How do you think I should treat such women?

Regardless, teaching sex education to women who are on their 9th abortion is not a valid answer to my question is it? Again you have chosen to reply to a simple question with a non-answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

We're just getting down to the crux of it, Robert doesn't like women who have sex for pleasure.

Rogelio Tinkling Cue got to that point inside 24 hours.

How many times have we heard "just keep your legs together?"

And, as usual, it is just a coincidence that the good ol' Roman Catholic Church is officially of the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Source?
    (a real one not the daily mail)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement