Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BarleySweets

So five minutes before a child is born it is not a person??? Birth is an event, it is not magical process that converts a foetus into a person.

There’s nothing magical about it but it is exactly that: a process that converts a fetus into a person.

ELM327 wrote: »
    But it is though.
    Seriously.
    They like, hand out certificates and everything now.

And grant PPS numbers & citizenship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Back to your "one liners" I see.

wow trolling me through different threads on different topics,
    i wasn't aware that was allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

kylith wrote: »
    You say 'Exactly' and then you contradict what I said...

I have a pregnancy.

Like 'a pregnancy', it's not something you can pick up and take away but you still have a headache or a cold.

Can you put that in a sentence please? I don't even think it's grammatically correct.

"Hello Mary how are you?"
    "Not very well I have a pregnancy"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So five minutes before a child is born it is not a person??? Birth is an event, it is not magical process that converts a foetus into a person.

It is in law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

It does legally.

But from a medical point of view, do you really think the 8th amendment is the only thing stopping people from skewering foetus's at 8 months?

You seem to think Irish women are potential monsters.

swampgas wrote: »
    It does legally.

But from a medical point of view, do you really think the 8th amendment is the only thing stopping people from skewering foetus's at 8 months?

You seem to think Irish women are potential monsters.

Thank you for reminding us that this is a side-tracking tactic :)

And grant PPS numbers & citizenship!

So the basis on which you think it is justified to end another persons life is whether they have a PPS number?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

AnneFrank wrote: »

report them then.

kylith wrote: »
    It is in law.

The law recognises the unborn child's right to life...

• Advertisement

So the basis on which you think it is justified to end another persons life is whether they have a PPS number?

For what reason do you think a woman would seek an abortion at such a late stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It isn't a person. Not in the same capacity as the woman carrying it. And it certainly shouldn't be afforded any rights at the expense of hers.

It isn't murder.
    Are you campaigning to repeal the 13th and 14th amendment? I assume you are, considering you perceive these fetuses to be people, you're surely campaigning to stop these monsters from travelling overseas to cruelly murder Irish citizens?
    Or is it only a problem if it happens in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The law recognises the unborn child's right to life...

but it doesnt recognise an unborn child as a person.

You really are annoying. Which bit of "a foetus is not a person (yet)" do you not accept?

Maybe you can explain why a (for example) 8 week foetus should be considered to be a person?

Can you put that in a sentence please? I don't even think it's grammatically correct.

"Hello Mary how are you?"
    "Not very well I have a pregnancy"

"I brought a pregnancy to term"

"No, this isn't the first time I've lost a pregnancy."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Your questions are becoming increasingly ridiculous. If you want to troll somewhere, here is not the place for it.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It isn't a person. Not in the same capacity as the woman carrying it. And it certainly shouldn't be afforded any rights at the expense of hers.

It isn't murder.
    Are you campaigning to repeal the 13th and 14th amendment? I assume you are, considering you perceive these fetuses to be people, you're surely campaigning to stop these monsters from travelling overseas to cruelly murder Irish citizens?
    Or is it only a problem if it happens in Ireland?

In what circumstances do you thin it is acceptable to end another persons life?

Personally I think internet trolls should be shot in the head. Does that help?

We've already established that it isn't a person about 12 times now, and already covered when we feel it does become a person, I think your question has already been answered.

You're staring so hard at the uterus you can't see the living breathing woman attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

24 weeks is when a fetus is awarded citizenship, this applies to stillborns, you can have your stillborn son or daughter put on a register and they'll be given a PPS number, I know this from experience.

Before then, they are not assigned a PPS number and therefore are technically not citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

AnneFrank wrote: »
    The one thread, and not trolling, just quoting some of your one liners.
    As opposed to your argument where a foetus magically turns into a person during birth. Very scientific.

There's no magic. It is indeed science. We even thought of a name for it and everything. Biology.
    As per the very smart poster below:
    But it is though.
    Seriously.
    They like, hand out certificates and everything now.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    We've already established that it isn't a person about 12 times now, and already covered when we feel it does become a person, I think your question has already been answered.

Who exactly established that? Please show me the scientific evidence which proves your theory?

Who exactly established that?

The people that wrote the medical dictionary.

Who exactly established that? Please show me the scientific evidence which proves your theory?

1 - www.google.ie (I don't know the US domain for Google, you'll probably be redirected to the .com)
    2- Search for "Biology and the reproductive system"
    3- skip the fun part at the start and go straight to birth.

The one thread, and not trolling, just quoting some of your one liners.

There's no magic. It is indeed science. We even thought of a name for it and everything. Biology.
    As per the very smart poster below:

So what is the scientific process that takes place during birth whereby a foetus turns in a person as it passes through the canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

So what is the scientific process that takes place during birth whereby a foetus turns in a person as it passes through the canal?

"Birth"

1 - Define Foetus (Hint: it's the developing entity during gestation)
    2 - Define baby (Hint: It's the entity post gestation).
    3 - Hint: Gestation ends when it is complete, ie when birth occurs

Can you please provide evidence that a 6 week old zygote should have the same rights as a living citizen, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

B0jangles wrote: »
    Just saw this on facebook - a leaflet from 1982 warning about the possible effects the 8th would have on women's healthcare

aJ33K08.jpg
    FzPgvzQ.jpg
    HaqsmPV.jpg
    yNIQVNW.jpg

The dangers were known long before it came into effect but 35 years later we're still trying get to rid of it.

Shameful.

So the abortion advocates were telling lies then as well.

So is the morning after pill banned?
    Women do get treated if ill in pregnancy even if poses a risk to the life of the unborn.
    Women not treated for high blood pressure in pregnancy?
    But they did use 'may' a lot since they were not dealing with truths.

So many falsehoods that didn't happen from the anti-amendment side in 1983.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Reports flooding in faster than they can be dealt with. Please bear with us.

Some people need to take some time to chill out. It's a nice and sunny Friday lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement