Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You can show pics of foetus to me all you want. Tell me do pro lifers like looking a pics of third or fourth degree perineal tears or other injuries that some pregnant women suffer during childbirth?

What have perineal tears got to to with abortion? Has anyone ever said “ ugh I’m pregnant I think I’ll have an abortion so I can avoid the stitches”?
    I would have thought this was exactly the type of argument you were trying to avoid.
    Reverse quick . You’ve shot yourself in the foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

splinter65 wrote: »
    As another poster has pointed out, our secondary school children in science class are being currently taught that life begins at conception.
    Do you disagree with this?

In fairness it is wrong, life began over a billion years ago and is a continuous process, also we don't even really know how life began in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

What makes you think I’m obliged to answer you at all?

Is that a firm

No . ?

In fairness it is wrong, life began over a billion years ago and is a continuous process, also we don't even really know how life began in the first place.

Human life begins at conception. That’s what the school book says. You don’t agree. Where have you your biology PHD from?

RobertKK wrote: »
    A natural death.

But what if the woman's body rejects the fetus, isn't that manslaughter in the eyes of someone who identifies as 'pro-life'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

baylah17 wrote: »
    At last we agree
    It is wrong and somewhat twisted

Had to happen at some point 🙂 !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

See some GAA players group in support of Voting No. The involvement and use of a lot of children in their launch, totally inappropriate.
    Also Mikey Harte of Tyrone, highest profile person I see. But he has no vote himself and lives in a different jurisdiction.

But what if the woman's body rejects the fetus, isn't that manslaughter in the eyes of someone who identifies as 'pro-life'.

How could it be manslaughter? Tell us your reasoning.
    Manslaughter is a crime whereby a person dies as a result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
    Many women suffer many miscarriages which cause them great misery.
    Why are you suggesting that a woman is to blame for her miscarriage because of her own recklessness or carelessness?

Human life begins at conception. That’s what the school book says. You don’t agree. Where have you your biology PHD from?

And at 12 weeks there even isn't really a heartbeat

The cardiac cells are just spontaneuously beating

Takes about 17 weeks for them to get organised

gctest50 wrote: »

You’d better get on to the Dept of Education.
    And all the other scientists.

• Advertisement

So school books are infallible? Have they never changed throughout written history?

Anyway I'm not currently in school, I couldn't tell you exactly what the school books say or who the authors were or what the personal beliefs/qualifications of the authors are etc etc.....there's a lot of incomplete information there.

I don't actually have a degree in biology, do you? Also it's unhealthy not to question certain things from time to time, never trust anything that claims unquestionable truth!

Ps, once again both sperm and eggs are life are they not? If they're dead, please prove it and publish your findings, because they would be an incredible discovery.

You’d better get on to the Dept of Education.
    And all the other scientists.

I was just pointing out the heart cells beat spontaneously

didn't mention any Junior cert book or anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I had eggs for breakfast this morning. It would've been weird to say that I had an unborn chicken for breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

more accurate to say a hens period, probably

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Achasanai wrote: »
    I had eggs for breakfast this morning. It would've been weird to say that I had an unborn chicken for breakfast.

Worse. A menstrual product.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭Blahblah2012

Looks like a baby to me

more accurate to say a hens period, probably

You can eat fertilised ones, probably have already

One question floating among avid egg-eaters is if fertilized eggs are safe for consumption. The answer is yes. It is perfectly okay to eat fertilized eggs. Also, as mentioned in the previous paragraphs, once the fertilized egg is stored inside the fridge, the embryo no longer undergoes any change or development. Rest assured that you can eat your fertilized chicken eggs just fine like the unfertilized ones

How could it be manslaughter? Tell us your reasoning.
    Manslaughter is a crime whereby a person dies as a result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
    Many women suffer many miscarriages which cause them great misery.
    Why are you suggesting that a woman is to blame for her miscarriage because of her own recklessness or carelessness?

If you believe abortion is murder then surely a miscarriage is manslaughter, again you can't credibly believe one and not the other, unless you attempting to make up the rules as you go along.

You explain it, the ball is in you're court on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uptherebels

What have perineal tears got to to with abortion? Has anyone ever said “ ugh I’m pregnant I think I’ll have an abortion so I can avoid the stitches”?
    I would have thought this was exactly the type of argument you were trying to avoid.
    Reverse quick . You’ve shot yourself in the foot.

Oh, no reversing necessary I was just highlighting that seeing pics that show the consequences of your choices work both ways.

surely you are aware of the serious short and long term injuries and problems that women can suffer during childbirth that go far beyond stitches. And take those into consideration when shaming women for having an abortion.

Keep those deflector shields up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

You can eat fertilised ones, probably have already

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(food)
    not for me

• Advertisement

Oh, no reversing necessary I was just highlighting that seeing pics that show the consequences of your choices work both ways.

surely you are aware of the serious short and long term injuries and problems that women can suffer during childbirth that go far beyond stitches. And take those into consideration when shaming women for having an abortion.

Should probably just go with IVF...maybe u could damage ur banjo string

Fúck the egg, can we not just eat chicken? I know a place, they sell buckets of it!

There's no defending killing babies. You can twist and turn as u wish..it doesn't change anything

not for me

bit more like so :

probably had loads

There's no defending killing babies. You can twist and turn as u wish..it doesn't change anything

Damn right, I can't imagine anybody here agrees with killing babies, I think we're all united on this one.

Damn right, I can't imagine anybody here agrees with killing babies, I think we're all united on this one.

U certainly do. Speaks volumes about ya

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They are not babies, you can try and twist and turn that fact as much as you like, but it won't change the outcome of the vote, thankfully more of the country is ready to move on from the middle ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Looks like a baby to me

That’s a drawing.

U certainly do.

I DO????

Well fúck shouldn't I be locked up, you can't have baby killers on the loose!!!

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    They are not babies, you can try and twist and turn that fact as much as you like, but it won't change the outcome of the vote, thankfully more of the country is ready to move on from the middle ages.

Says you...ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement