Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You said you haven't posted lies and that the repeal side are.
    I simply pointed out that the mod warning that you received and you denied receiving in relation to your un-factual statements regarding the miss p case as evidence that this might not be considered a fully factual statement, while also asking who from the repeal side has posted lies in your opinion with evidence in relation to repealing the 8th, which I'm still waiting on.

I post my opinions, some people would rather call opinions lies when they aren't lies. People went into denial about the 12 weeks as if there was no details on what is planned to replace the 8th in law.

The mod didn't say I lied, the mod gave their opinion, which is a difference. I had people who PMed me in private and who take no part in this thread in any form who were of similar opinion.
    There are people who won't post in this thread because they see the crap one gets if they aren't on the repeal side.

I'm not trying to get you banned, I'm simply pointing out where your not telling the truth about what you are and have posted.

Why would anyone bring up something I can't discuss, I had people tell me I should be this and that about it tonight, I can't respond, but it hasn't stopped people bringing it up again and again tonight.

I am giving my opinion, other people are being nasty as there is no reason to bring up something I can't discuss unless someone wants me to discuss it as accusations are made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

RobertKK wrote: »
    I did take a break, you have gotten very personal in this thread as you would rather discuss me, so the discussion can move on from my other posts this evening.

This has happened repeatedly, and all from the repeal side, you see if you don't agree with them 100% you are an imbecile who needs to be educated, if they can't turn you, they get personal, look at the stupid attack on splinter, it will only hurt their agenda when undecided read it.Read up on the issue and vote with your conscience is my advice, whatever way you wish to vote.

crustybla wrote: »
    I don't know how you guys do it, those of you here every day debating for repeal. Ye have some patience. I took part in a debate on facebook today and I had to come out of it, my head was melted! The blatant lies and bile spewed by some was staggering. Most of them were women. There were far more agreeing with me though, and most of them were men.

Iamwhoiam and Jluv made very good points. All a lot of people (on both sides but one in particular) seem to see is repeal=abortion in all its forms. If people actually educated themselves on the 8th, would they see things differently?

Newstalk had a poll done about a year ago I think it was. More men than women supported repeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Poll results
    448905.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

this has turned into a joke by now, ppl that want to abort for one or another reason will do so by taking mere few hour trip to uk, prob would take shorter then here anyway, and at the end this discussion is like one on legalizing weed you have two sides spitting at each other but government will move on and put their own decision in to save their asses, which will actually serve them well since more control on masses seem what most people want nowadays anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

AnneFrank wrote: »
    if they can't turn you, they get personal
    Like how you got personal with my experience of a miscarriage that my partner suffered? Strange how you constantly ignore that :)
    Hypocrisy, thy name is AnneFrank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This has happened repeatedly, and all from the repeal side, you see if you don't agree with them 100% you are an imbecile who needs to be educated, if they can't turn you, they get personal, look at the stupid attack on splinter, it will only hurt their agenda when undecided read it.Read up on the issue and vote with your conscience is my advice, whatever way you wish to vote.

I could be wrong but I believe a mod gave you some guidelines about reporting posts and also how modding works in relation to reported posts.

Playing the victim doesn't really wash imo. There are avenues you can take for posts to be reviewed if you feel there has been a "stupid attack".

Separately I wonder have you had a chance to look at the personal stories from women directly affected and impacted by the 8th amendment on the In Her Shoes page on facebook. Its eye opening and heart breaking.

I believe repealing the 8th amendment is the compassionate thing to do. Let's care for those in crisis. The 8th amendment hurts women.

Mod- The new poll is up. Results for old one are saved above for posterity. Now its a straight yes or no. There will be no other options added.

Putinbot wrote: »
    Poll results
    448905.png

I do agree with this poll, and that the yes side is far ahead and it should pass, but then I thought the Ssm referendum would be a landslide but it was closer than the polls showed.When you look how people who have doubts are attacked here, you realise people withdraw from debate and will be all nice to canvassers who harass them in their own home, but then vote no.

• Advertisement

Why would anyone bring up something I can't discuss, I had people tell me I should be this and that about it tonight, I can't respond, but it hasn't stopped people bringing it up again and again tonight.

I am giving my opinion, other people are being nasty as there is no reason to bring up something I can't discuss unless someone wants me to discuss it as accusations are made.

The mod did say you were posting un factual statements. Stop scaremongering perhaps and have a proper discussion, and dynying something happened then maybe people won't bring it up

You stated over a month ago that people didn't want to vote on the poll because they would be bullied for doing so. When I pointed out that a member can vote in the poll without actually posting in the thread and that the vote is anonymous, I asked you to provide evidence to support your statement and I'm still waiting on you to provide this.

Still waiting on your evidence that people on here from the repeal side are lying in relation to what we're voting on too.

amdublin wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I believe a mod gave you some guidelines about reporting posts and also how modding works in relation to reported posts.

Playing the victim doesn't really wash imo. There are avenues you can take for posts to be reviewed if you feel there has been a "stupid attack".

Separately I wonder have you had a chance to look at the personal stories from women directly affected and impacted by the 8th amendment on the In Her Shoes page on facebook. Its eye opening and heart breaking.

I believe repealing the 8th amendment is the compassionate thing to do. Let's care for those in crisis. The 8th amendment hurts women.

Please, can you see the irony of this post ?
    And i have taken mods advice thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Again I don't think you understand what irony means...

If this is a rhetoric question I'm not getting it. Please can you clarify what your point is.

I hope the advice 're your avenue of reporting a post is useful to you rather than aimlessly talking like a victim. There are options available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

And how would your repeated cries of being bullied, being attacked etc. affect the undecided? Your posts have added very little to the discussion other than playing a victim for yourself and for other posters on the pro-life side, with not a peep out of you when pro-choice posters are being attacked, even though mods are very vigilant on this thread and are quick to ban anyone on either side who have crossed a line. You came into the thread whinging about being bullied, even when people were just asking you if you had anything more to add other than repeated "Save the 8th" posts. As soon as anyone so much as disagrees with either you, or a pro-life poster, you're straight in with the "stop attacking us!" posts.

As has been explained to you many times, this is a discussion forum. You are entitled to your opinion but other people are also entitled to their opinion on your opinion. If you feel there is personal attacks, there is a report button. Before you say it, people have been banned on both sides of the debate when they've crossed the line so you cannot cry about bias from the mods. There just so happens to be more re-regs, bots and trolls on the pro-life side so there is obviously going to be more bans. If there were more on the pro-choice side, there would be more bans on that side.

TL;DR- You are not being bullied. Stop with the victim mentality. Report posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

There is no irony. Someone playing the victim is distinct from people who really are victims of the 8th.

Mind you I'm not sure you really understand what irony is. It's not like silvery and goldy.

Mod- Ok guys and girls, ye all know( and some more than others) not to discuss moderation on thread. Quit it now or its thread bans or worse.

10 minute time out so everyone can read this. Ignorance will not be a defence.

Mod-Reopened

The mod did say you were posting un factual statements. Stop scaremongering perhaps and have a proper discussion, and dynying something happened then maybe people won't bring it up

You stated over a month ago that people didn't want to vote on the poll because they would be bullied for doing so. When I pointed out that a member can vote in the poll without actually posting in the thread and that the vote is anonymous, I asked you to provide evidence to support your statement and I'm still waiting on you to provide this.

Still waiting on your evidence that people on here from the repeal side are lying in relation to what we're voting on too.

I never said people didn't want to vote on an anonymous poll.

The crazy thing is that if the 8th is repealed, there is no impact or change for the people who are against it.

But. For the people who need abortion and maternity healthcare here in Ireland the change and impact is immense.

Repeal the 8th
    Trust women to deal with their own personal medical care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I cant find the post now, but I read one about how ppl would feel if they saw the other applications of the 8th.
    Here is my experience of it.
    14 year old, throwing up and passing out with period pain every month, refused meds as it was against the law then, same person as a grown up, told she could only be prescribed OTC painkillers for a very very painful shoulder condition in case she got pregnant while she was taking the proper meds, despite being not sexually active for years, when this was queried was told the guidelines not clear so they err on the side of caution.

My daughter being refused a scan on her back, 6 times, as she was outside the LMP requirements, she has irregular periods anyway, and a dip test was declared to be not acceptable.

My colleague who starting miscarrying in Malta travelled to Italy and fell into the conscious objection trap from gynaes there. Finally making it to Ireland to bleed for another 3 days, so the only option then was to perform a hysterectomy, lose the remaining pregnancies and with it, early menopause.Again the guidelines were too muddied for a clear decision to be made on her case before she was within hours of bleeding out.

For various women, I know who were refused or delayed in getting tubal ligation because of a lack of universal clinical practices about the procedure. An oversite because of clinics not clear on how to proceed within the 8th.

So much pain inflicted for no reason.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Shocking :( Why would we want this inflicted on women. In 1983 it was the unknown. 35 years have shown results. It needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

amdublin wrote: »
    In 1983 it was the unknown. 35 years have shown results..

We knew it would be a disaster and people would die.

We knew it would be a disaster and people would die.

Well yes. Agree. Some people did.

But some people voted for it as it "sounded" reasonable. It has shown to be
    Unworkable
    Dangerous and unsafe
    Callous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Any date declared yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Any date declared yet?

May 25th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Any date declared yet?

May 25th

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Conspectus
    Mod-Please move on from discussing mod actions. Ye all know that is not allowed. Also stop discussing a users old accounts. I'm deleting the off topic stuff now. Back to the debate please.

Must say I'm surprised how the poll is turning out.
    Not really surprised, it is hostile around here towards people who support retain and it doesn't encourage people to enter the topic to post their views.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106478271&postcount=567

This was the post I was referring to, and I took your reply to include the poll given the OP you quoted I replied to you that you can vote in the poll without posting in the thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106478300&postcount=569

If I took you up wrong you have my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I hadn't realised that Liverpool Women's Hospital has reduced access for self-referrals.I found out this evening while reading in her shoes Facebook page.

For those who may not know this is usually where Irish couples go for abortions in cases of FFA. Basically any Irish families in this situation right now don't really have anywhere to go.

Found an article confirming same https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/british-hospital-cuts-abortion-services-to-irish-women-1.3431919

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »
    I hadn't realised that Liverpool Women's Hospital has reduced access for self-referrals.I found out this evening while reading in her shoes Facebook page.

For those who may not know this is usually where Irish couples go for abortions in cases of FFA. Basically any Irish families in this situation right now don't really have anywhere to go.

Found an article confirming same https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/british-hospital-cuts-abortion-services-to-irish-women-1.3431919

That is frightening, and proof that exporting our problems doesn't work. Feel so sorry for anyone in that situation at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement