Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I'm not a fan of posters either way, or canvassers but taking them down or turning them round is pathetic no matter what side does it imo. Hope any that got vandalized are put back up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

circadian wrote: »
    One thing that has me puzzled is a Save the 8th poster that states "Join the rebellion".

What rebellion? Surely saving the 8th is maintaining the status quo, repealing it would be closer to a rebellion would it not?

:confused::confused:

The No side know that they are in the minority but they are hoping that it is a minority who will speak out as opposed to a minority who will vote no. So they are trying to make out that being in their minority is a cool subversive act, so that the mindless sheep that they believe voters are (we're only pro-choice to be all cool and fashionable like) might be swayed not to be cool like a sheep but cooler like a super cool pro-life rebel. Hope that helps.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The sinn fein posters with Mary Lou on them are awwwwwful. Who's awful idea was that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

amdublin wrote: »
    The sinn fein posters with Mary Lou on them are awwwwwful. Who's awful idea was that!!!!

Mary Lou?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tbh, it would be super if all this poster nastiness was the catalyst for this type of campaigning to be banned in future. We don't need poster campaigns in the era of social media and they are potentially hazardous and made of fuçking plastic so an environmental disaster. Once this referendum is over, I'd like to see if it's possible to get a campaign to ban them going.

iguana wrote: »
    Tbh, it would be super if all this poster nastiness was the catalyst for this type of campaigning to be banned in future. We don't need poster campaigns in the era of social media and they are potentially hazardous and made of fuçking plastic so an environmental disaster. Once this referendum is over, I'd like to see if it's possible to get a campaign to ban them going.

100% agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

amdublin wrote: »

No, I think they are grand. SF support is at 22% now, and Mary Lou has a 39% approval rating. Sticking her face on the poster tells the 22% to vote Yes, which is good, and if it also reminds people that the face of SF is no longer a beardy old terrorist, well, you can't blame them for trying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

If the referendum is passed, does that mean any woman will be able to go to the doctors for an abortion, or will there still be checks in place?

....... wrote: »
    290712_54_news_hub_235364_656x500.jpg

If the referendum is passed, does that mean any woman will be able to go to the doctors for an abortion, or will there still be checks in place?

We will be employing a force of men in long leather coats and little roundy metal glasses to stand outside GPs practices and demand "papers, please" from anyone vaguely female looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

what kind of checks are you envisaging? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Up to 12 weeks yes though there will be a 72 hour cooling off period
    That is presuming the proposed legislation is passed.
    Over 12 weeks a medical reason will be required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I refer you to Disabled People Together for Yes's facebook page for an answer to this one. Are these the types of checks you're talking about?

31113568_579573525751956_7153710224140926976_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=8497b4e816f15b5d950776819aca16b3&oe=5B69681D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Maser art mural on the Project Arts wall was painted over this morning.

Disappointing. But no such thing as bad publicity it's got a lot of people talking about it.

And the gaa thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

We will be employing a force of men in long leather coats and little roundy metal glasses to stand outside GPs practices and demand "papers, please" from anyone vaguely female looking.

It was a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

but what kind of checks do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

January wrote: »
    A fingal worker was photographed removing just yes posters in Dublin over the weekend also. Didnt remove no posters even if they were on same lampost. He was in a fingal work van.

Shocking

Was this reported to Fingal Co Co? customercareunit@fingal.ie

Or put on their social media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Bridge you say...she is a wise woman but I am not sure you'd get the same thinking from the older ladies playing "Progressive" 25 in 6s or 9s near me ;)
    I play myself and trust me, these are god fearing women who would not dare row against Roman thinking...

My mam and her friends play/run a game of 25 in my local hall and we had a great chat about the referendum one night a few months ago. I was surprised but delighted to hear that they were roundly pro-choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

But you were so sure a week ago that you were referring to abortion as a 'fashion accessory' and talking about how you were organising lifts from the old folks home on 25/05 so that they could get their No Votes in.

And now you are asking genuine questions?

Mary Lou looks like Cheryl Coles mam !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mary-Lou's poster looks like a bit of a cheap publicity grab - branding & marketing, associating her face with Sinn Féin.

The Social Democrats have no faces on their posters. Does any other party?

seamus wrote: »
    Mary-Lou's poster looks like a bit of a cheap publicity grab - branding & marketing, associating her face with Sinn Féin.

FG and FF aren't campaigning at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I haven't seen it, have you a pic of it ?

TBH I've only seen 2 pro choice posters, and 100's of save the 8th posters.

I'm not swayed by posters, I've my own mind to know what is right and wrong.

And freedom of choice is what its all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In fairness is there anybody in the Social Democrats that has any personal appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

What happens here with the Sinn fein are murdering scum and i could never share their values brigade?

Do they vote no now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement