Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 8th Amendment Part 2 - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

baylah17 wrote: »
    And even if it does, So what

I think will go up, or appear to, because the uncounted women who order would have ordered pills online or used ‘other methods’ will now be part of the statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

a raped woman doesn't want to carry a rapist DNA in her womb a give birth to a rapist it's her right to get an abortion by you lot saying no, you are preventing her to have an abortion. so yes on the referendum. A raped woman can have an abortion to get rid of dna of rapist. so yes on the referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

kylith wrote: »
    I think will go up, or appear to, because the uncounted women who order would have ordered pills online or used ‘other methods’ will now be part of the statistics.

Nonsense, haven't you heard? It'll be an abortion on demand free-for-all, sure them dirty filthy women who want an abortion will be just casually rocking in on a lunch break to have an abortion done, probably sat next to their neighbor while they talk about all the one-night stands they're going to have. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,992 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

....... wrote: »
    Value for money don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Smertrius wrote: »
    a raped woman doesn't want to carry a rapist DNA in her womb a give birth to a rapist it's her right to get an abortion by you lot saying no, you are preventing her to have an abortion. so yes on the referendum. A raped woman can have an abortion to get rid of dna of rapist. so yes on the referendum.

I agree that a woman shouldn't have to carry her rapist's baby but your argument is poor. Rape has nothing to do with DNA. Same with murder or any other crime. Yes some kids are criminals like their parents but millions aren't. And millions of criminals come from law abiding families.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I think the user was referring to DNA in terms of it's relationship to the rapist. Not the rape. In that it must feel like being raped again every single day you are compelled to host that monsters DNA inside you. Does it parse any more sensibly that way? It is hard to say though. I am struggling with how that particular user writes. But I am trying. But it could be read either way.

Absolutely though, no reason to think that propensity for a crime like rape is automatically passed on DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭circadian

There hasn't been a Save the 8th supporter all day and this thread has just descended into sarcasm.

Never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They might be all collectively facepalming John McGuirk's attempt to tell a leading expert in obstetrics that he's wrong, "just because".

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    There hasn't been a Save the 8th supporter all day and this thread has just descended into sarcasm.

Never thought I'd see the day.

To be fair, what's the point of them coming into the thread? The majority of them have made wild and outlandish statements and claims and lies and were proven wrong, threadbanned and done.

If that's all that they can resort to instead of having a discussion without manipulating facts and figures then that's their choice* not to post in here.

* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

To be fair, what's the point of them coming into the thread? The majority of them have made wild and outlandish statements and claims and lies and were proven wrong, threadbanned and done.

If that's all that they can resort to instead of having a discussion without manipulating facts and figures then that's their choice* not to post in here.

* :p

I had some No campaigners at the door last night, I told them I wasn't interested, had done my research and made up my mind.

She offered me a booklet and made a point of saying it had been fact checked.

It made me wonder if they were getting much flak at people's doors for some of the more dubious No claims.

amcalester wrote: »
    I had some No campaigners at the door last night, I told them I wasn't interested, had done my research and made up my mind.

It made me wonder if they were getting much flak at people's doors for some of the more dubious No claims.

They are absolutely getting flak for the more dubious no claims, did you get a copy of the booklet though, just for our reference so we can see if it was genuinely fact checked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

They are absolutely getting flak for the more dubious no claims, did you get a copy of the booklet though, just for our reference so we can see if it was genuinely fact checked?

I didn't, only thought afterwards that it would have been interesting to read/fact check.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Saw posters from BOTH sides pulled down in one location in an apparent tit-for-tat.
    Real mature.

Saw posters from BOTH sides pulled down in one location in an apparent tit-for-tat.
    Real mature.

If the pro-life crowd in that situation were posting up those inaccurate lies then whatever happens their posters is fair game, no need to spread lies and false information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

amcalester wrote: »

None of the no side material has been fact checked - they are completely making stuff up. I hope people are waking up to this more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I too think it will appear to go up because we are missing the data on women who order pills online, who dont use an Irish address in a UK clinic and who dont use UK clinics at all but go elsewhere (where they may have family or friends).

But I doubt very much it will actually go up.
    I imagine we'll also have Northern Irish women coming here. It will be much easier to drive or get a bus to the nearest Irish county with an abortion service than it will be to fly or sail to Britain. Even if you have to come back again 72 hours after your initial appointment driving from Derry to Donegal is pretty straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I got one the other day, if its the same one.

Here's a few pages.

• Advertisement

I got one the other day, if its the same one.

Here's a few pages.

Jesus there isn't a single shred of truth on a single one of them.

Wow.

Jesus there isn't a single shred of truth on a single one of them.

Wow.

But wait, there's more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Wrong thread lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone remember the Hari Krishna tent ? Best music at the festival !!!
    I think wrong thread... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just had two lovely together for yes canvassers at the door.
    Very friendly and getting a good reception apparently but even they think it will be close!
    Every vote is gonna be important I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wouldn't be so sure. It could be another instance of the "Shy Tory/Brexit/Trump" phenomenon. After all, Repeal has yet to break 50% in referendum polling when "Don't Knows" are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I wouldn't be so sure. It could be another instance of the "Shy Tory/Brexit/Trump" phenomenon. After all, Repeal has yet to break 50% in referendum polling when "Don't Knows" are included.

Thats not true. The last MRBI had Repeal at over 60%

Can you show me the poll you are referring to?

Is there a poll showing Save the 8th breaking 50% with don't knows?

Repeal all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

But wait, there's more!
    Cheers, that was... interesting! I've put them all on one scroll-down image and rotated to make it a bit easier to go through, attached below (click to zoom).

Billy86 wrote: »
    Cheers, that was... interesting! I've put them all on one scroll-down image and rotated to make it a bit easier to go through, attached below (click to zoom).

Cheers. New phone, and it decided to be wonky with the pics, flipping them all over the shop.

They didn't even knock at the door. Asked a couple of neighbours, and they didn't get a knock either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Thats not true. The last MRBI had Repeal at over 60%

Can you show me the poll you are referring to?

Is there a poll showing Save the 8th breaking 50% with don't knows?

Repeal all the way

Palpatine and I are both pro repeal, think it's incredibly wise to not be complacent. There's an undecided demographic of 20%, a proportion of them are very likely some silent no voters. So hopefully support rises in next month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement