Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incorrect product received, was told to return it at my own expense

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭Inviere

papu wrote: »
    Paypal is useless, they always ask that the item is returned.. at buyers cost..

But they don’t... https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gridhawk

I checked PayPal process: Request a refund on return shipping costs.

That service is exactly what they should have pointed out.

The motherboard is still in its sealed wrap. But at this stage I am not comfortable any longer to return it back to CustomPCparts.

Under 200€ doesn't need to be shipped as registered post. But after my bad experiences with Custompc I no longer want anything to do with these people.
    I feel I am forced now to use this board for my sons gaming PC even when after reviewing that model B350 Gaming Pro was one of the first to not consider buying. Was set on getting the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Meanwhile the second series of AM4 Ryzen 2000 came out, with the 450 470 motherboards. Why would I want to assemble a now year old deprecated components.

Just happy I had not purchased the DDR RAM memory strips for this machine as they would be incompatible or unsupported with the mobo.

Inviere wrote: »

Correct.. Maybe another reason PayPal didn't offer this service to me. Don't want to get bitten by this either.

General Conditions of Use -
    PayPal Refunded Returns Service
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns/general-conditions

These GCU describe the PayPal Refunded Returns service in effect from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2017.
    Inviere wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cameloid

what you did in the end, im also in a paypal dispute with this guys, bought a lot of stuff i dont have any delivery or customer support about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Surprised this shower are still in business.

Looks like they operate similar to a dodgy local takeaway. Same owners but a different name every other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cameloid

Do you think i will recover my money thanks to paypal? I am very unhappy with this, i made a terrible mistake with this, do you recommend overclockers.co.uk ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

yeah, paypal should give you the money back after the dispute time runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Cameloid wrote: »
    Do you think i will recover my money thanks to paypal? I am very unhappy with this, i made a terrible mistake with this, do you recommend overclockers.co.uk ?????

Did you buy from them just because they have a .ie address? Their prices are higher than other well known sites.
    My order of preference is.

Amazon.co.uk - They send you a free shipping label on returns and process the refund very fast. The refund is so fast I doubt they even have time or care if the item is really faulty or not.
    Loads of stories of people bending pins on motherboard through their own negligence and getting a refund no questions asked.
    Best to items that say fulfilled by amazon if you can.

Scan.co.uk - Good customer service, easy to deal with.

overclockers.co.uk - Reliable, not as good customer service as the others so things can take longer but they won't rip you off.

stay away from this business. they were even too thick to admit or apologize the product (MSI B350 Gaming Pro CARBON) and price that made me click buy ever existed on their website. paypal took their side, very disappointing, and custompc didn't want to know about sending the incorrect product (MSI B350M Gaming Pro) I received back to them for re-imbursement. If something is to good to be true....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sorry to hear that, there seems to be a shift with papal siding with sellers more frequently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement