Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir VOIP with 3rd Party Modem/Router

Options
  • 17-03-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭

Hello eir Support,

I just signed up recently back to eir from Sky and have now eir broadband with a VOIP landline instead of classic analogue landline.

I got a new eir Fibre modem (Huawei F2000 I believe) with the installation and was transferred to the eir network and all worked really well. But I would like to use my own router because it has some features that the F2000 does not have.

My own router has no problem connecting to the VDSL line and the internet connection is perfect, but I'm struggling with the VOIP (SIP) configuration. 

Would technical support be able to assist? I can see from router logs that SIP messages are being exchanged of which I have detailed traces.

Thanks Fritti

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Hello Eir,

this is getting a bit technical.

I analysed the SIP trace for my VOIP landline and I can see that SIP REGISTER fails with 'SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized'. Thats fine the first time, because it is an invitation to authorise, to supply credentials. Accordingly my router repeats the SIP REGISTER containing the Digest Authorisation info this time. Unfortunately this is replied to again with 'SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized' or sometimes even with 'SIP/2.0 500 CSCF Server Internal Error 010350307'.

I rehashed the Digest Authorization from my router and the credentials appear correct and so do the hashes. The rest of the messages look formally correct, too. SIP, proxy, port numbers, lineID, local route, username everything checks out from what I can see. But still I cannot register. 

Like I said I can supply the full trace, its only 3 requests with a reply each.
    Any chance this could be forwarded to a technical department that can help, please?

I know this isn't the Eir supplied hardware but any conforming SIP device should work really. My own router itself is a mature and widespread product, it is definitely SIP conforming. I understand one of your competitors even uses it as their standard modem/router/voip box.

Thanks & Best Regards

Fritti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Hello Talk to Eir

sorry, forget about the above post, can we start fresh please?

I recently got eir broadband with landline phone. Eir landline phone is now voice over broadband (voip). It previously was a regular landline.
    The technician installed everything and everything is working great, both broadband and also phone over broadband.

But I have a couple of other voip phones that I would like to use. So I called eir support and asked them for configuration details to use on these. And I was given those details. Sip server & port, sip proxy server & port, landline ID, user name, password.

But something is off and my own (not eir) phones aren't working with these details. I think I know what it is and would like to speak to someone from support to verify these details one more time.

Can you please put me in contact with someone? I tried eir support a couple of more times but it has not been fruitful. It seems to depend on who you get. Not everyone seems familiar with this.

Thanks very much 

Fritti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hello eir Support,

I just signed up recently back to eir from Sky and have now eir broadband with a VOIP landline instead of classic analogue landline.

I got a new eir Fibre modem (Huawei F2000 I believe) with the installation and was transferred to the eir network and all worked really well. But I would like to use my own router because it has some features that the F2000 does not have.

My own router has no problem connecting to the VDSL line and the internet connection is perfect, but I'm struggling with the VOIP (SIP) configuration. 

Would technical support be able to assist? I can see from router logs that SIP messages are being exchanged of which I have detailed traces.

Thanks Fritti
    Hi CalamariFritti ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 to have this investigated further.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement