Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT WERDUM VS VOLKOV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Khalabeeb 'I don't give a sh1t about Conor' that's how you start a promo haha

Best way to show you don't care is to mention him straight away lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kinda fancy an upset here, blach has looked pretty good in his recent fights

John_D80 wrote: »
    I did think Duquesnoy won the first and second but that is weird scoring. 30-27? Crazy

Landed way more strikes and got the only two takedowns amazed the one judge didn't even give him a round. I thought the early takedown was basically going to be the decider with the other two rounds split.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If Duquesnoy doesn't dominate here he may as well go back to BAMMA.

He's certainly struggling. Hasn't lived up to the hype so far.

Be interesting to see how Manuwa's chin is here after what Oezdemir did to it.

mailburner wrote: »
    kinda fancy an upset here, blach has looked pretty good in his recent fights

I think Manuwa is going to go out blasting but if he doesn't get it early he's in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Jimi in round 1 here.

Needs to redeem himself from volkan defeat

He is the gatekeeper for anyone trying to get into top 3

You're not that good jimmi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He's certainly struggling. Hasn't lived up to the hype so far.

Going by prior form and performances, I straight up thought he would rip through most of the division in the UFC. At the rate he's going now he wont trouble anone in the top 15.

Going by prior form and performances, I straight up thought he would rip through most of the division in the UFC. At the rate he's going now he wont trouble anone in the top 15.

Proximity bias on our part maybe. Shows you the true gulf between BAMMA and the UFC and just how much of a unicorn McGregor really is. Same applies to Pimblett for example - a lot of suggestions that he's championship calibre in the UFC. Can't see it happening at all.

Manuwa in serious trouble here. Surprised he lasted the round to be honest, thought he was done

You're not that good jimmi

Harsh.

• Advertisement

have blach backed to win by ko at 17/2 with a saver on pts

still think it's coming tho a sub a possibility

2nd rd will be a different story I think. Or I hope at least.

Proximity bias on our part maybe. Shows you the true gulf between BAMMA and the UFC and just how much of a unicorn McGregor really is. Same applies to Pimblett for example - a lot of suggestions that he's championship calibre in the UFC. Can't see it happening at all.

Manuwa in serious trouble here. Surprised he lasted the round to be honest, thought he was done

After the Arosa fight I thought he was miles off ufc level no idea how he got that decision serious local bias from the judges that night!

He's on legs like a baby giraffe :pac:

Great fight

Great fight

Absolute belter.

Absolutely brilliant fight. Manuwa's blood saved him from a certain RNC there.

Imagine Manuwa got this one!

30-27 Blachowicz for me. The head kick towards the end of the second not enough to steal the round.

jimmii wrote: »
    Harsh.

Not as good as he thinks he is, what I was thinking

• Advertisement

30-27 Blachowicz for me. The head kick towards the end of the second not enough to steal the round.

Yeah second was the only one in doubt really. Definitely had the other two locked up. Manuwa would have to show a bit more on his next fight to bother running that again imo.

Not as good as he thinks he is, what I was thinking

Yeah knew what you meant I was just trying to make it look like you were having a pop at me :pac: #bantsfail

Hats off to Blacowicz. I totally wrote him off going into that one.

I'm going for a sub in 3 here. I think he'll wear him down a bit in the first couple of rounds and catch him with something as he tries.

has blach ever looked better than in his last few fights?

still never been knocked out other than retiring many years ago.

not seeing anything here other than a werdum win, volkov not up to this imo
    reckon he gets a sub also second or third round

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

After all this time, I am always surprised that the official outside the cage has to remind the fighters to hug their team before the vasoline gets applied. Practically every time.

Volkov for the big upset here!!! Maybe :-)

werdum by sub round one and werdum by sub round two hopefully :)

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah second was the only one in doubt really. Definitely had the other two locked up. Manuwa would have to show a bit more on his next fight to bother running that again imo.

They'll do it again for no other reason than the fact there's not many fights to be made at LHW really. Cormier streets ahead of everyone except Gus, who in turn is streets ahead of the rest.

Given DC away at heavyweight for a while, think Gus-Oezdemir might be all we can hope for at LHW for a while.

• Advertisement

They'll do it again for no other reason than the fact there's not many fights to be made at LHW really. Cormier streets ahead of everyone except Gus, who in turn is streets ahead of the rest.

Given DC away at heavyweight for a while, think Gus-Oezdemir might be all we can hope for at LHW for a while.

True guess they have to do something to pass the time!

Advertisement