Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliderobes

• 17-03-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

Anyone know of a company that installs wardrobes similar to Sliderobes but not the price tag in Limerick/Tipperary.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I priced up all the local companies and it was fairly steep for what I wanted.
    I ended up ordering the doors directly from Nenagh Light Hardware and went with IKEA for the interior.
    Worked out at @750 for 10' x 8' wardrobe with floor to ceiling doors.
    Less than half what I was quoted elsewhere.
    Yes I had to put everything in myself, but plenty of advice available if you're not handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can find a guy to fit them but it's where to get the stuff from. The Panelling Centre in Ballysimon, where lot's of those trade guys go, have long lists of the guys and are happy to recommend them because they'll sell the materials.

I don't have his number but they recommended a guy called DAVE to me who bought the materials and MADE the wardrobes. He made the doors from panels, not just buying doors making it cheaper.

Ask at the trade counter as they've more interaction with the guys in the trade instead of the kitchen designers out front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Used Keith Sheedy last year and found him great to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Universal Kitchens on Mulgrave street do, would have got them to do them too only the budget didn't stretch, they did a good bit of work for us, very happy with what they did for us

Universal Kitchens on Mulgrave street do, would have got them to do them too only the budget didn't stretch, they did a good bit of work for us, very happy with what they did for us

I got my kitchen from them. All went hunky dorey but had a few niggles since and they weren't exactly rushing to help. I had to reject several panels/doors twice due to chips etc but I don't think that it was their fault per se, more like an issue in the factory.

PM me if you wants Keith's no or search his work in facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Brouder & Murphy broad street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

CFF on the Ballysimon road are worth a visit.

I found them VERY expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I found them VERY expensive.

I had a kitchen installed by them and would never use them again tbh.
    Price and quality were ok, but the office and staff were a pain to deal with and it took 2 months before everything was finished to spec.

banie01 wrote: »
    I had a kitchen installed by them and would never use them again tbh.
    Price and quality were ok, but the office and staff were a pain to deal with and it took 2 months before everything was finished to spec.

I heard quite a few horror stories and was advised to avoid. They were 25% more expensive than Universal so that made my mind up for me. They also ran Universal down and said they were rip off merchants and that their stuff was terrible quality. Although I had one or two niggles with Universal, I found them quite good to deal with as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I went with Slidedeco wardrobes in Ballysimon about 2 years ago whem I was renovating a house. Very professional and they came in about half the price of Sliderobes.

I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Slide/Glide are on the Ballysimon Road, used them and did a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mh76

Mc Love wrote: »
    Slide/Glide are on the Ballysimon Road, used them and did a great job

Thanks a mill

I ended up ordering the doors directly from Nenagh Light Hardware and went with IKEA for the interior.
    Yes I had to put everything in myself, but plenty of advice available if you're not handy.

Thanks so much

Thanks a mill

Advertisement