Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to this IP address relating to this website has been blocked

Options
  • 17-03-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently registered a domain name via a website called www.namecheap.com

When I try to load it in my Chrome or Internet Explorer browser the web page I get is a warning from Eir that: "Access to this IP address relating to this website has been blocked", please see attachment below.

I can see the correct web page corresponding to my domain name if I use 4G on my phone.

Can someone help me or confirm that and why this site won't load when I use my Eir fibre broadband connection? It's not namecheap.com I am having a problem loading but my own domain name.. I can pm the web address if needed.

Cheers,

Flex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,520 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That message (generally) means it was an illegal site.
    Not necessarily your website itself but a site that was or is using the IP 

Who you hosting with?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

fritzelly wrote: »
    That message (generally) means it was an illegal site.
    Not necessarily your website itself but a site that was or is using the IP 

Who you hosting with?
    I am hoping to host a very basic website on my raspberry pi at home for my own personal use.. a private drop box. I am bridging the Eir F2000 to another router so I can port forward 80 and 443 from the other router since this is blocked on the F2000.

Can you advise me maybe? Maybe my domain name is just not set up all the way yet or something. I get the "parking page" when I load my domain name from my phone but the error message when I try to load it on my laptop using the Eir broadband connection.

I know about dynamic dns and I have that set up already but I paid for my own domain name because it gives additional features, that I may need to set up SSL, such as accessing the DNS records to create a TXT record.

Thank you,

Flex

PM me the site, will have a look
    What do you mean 80 and 443 are blocked on the router? That doesn't make sense since the web runs on those ports and routing them wouldn't get around any blocks anyway

edit
    Oh I think you mean you are trying to host it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hello,

Just wanted to report back that it is working now... I hadn't configured the DNS records correctly in my namecheap dashboard. There were default settings in there that I deleted and then I needed to set up an "A Record" to point the domain name to the external IP address of my router.

Flex

The bane of setting up DNS

• Advertisement
Advertisement