Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Are there display models out in the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Are there display models out in the shops?

I've seen some in three shops, not in vodafone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    P is only in Beta at the minute, as I'm sure you know. :)

I'm not sure about others, but for me, I couldn't get wifi to turn on and the lock screen said Emergency Calls Only, even though I had a network connection and could make calls and texts!
    Just a bit of a heads up, so that you are prepared for bugs.

I came back to 8.1 after a few hours, and I had to get help from XDA, it was a pain in the hole :D

I had it running on my loaner Pixel and it was fine, mostly....
    I might just suffer with Oreo until the OTA update is available, hopefully with the next Beta release, though P was pretty fun to use the alteration to the navigation buttons was odd in the extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Heads up if you want some nostalgia or a spare phone Nokia 3310 38 euro https://t.co/ATjKE8uKn0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The battery is just astonishing.

I only got 1-hour screentime together (as it was a quiet weekend) and despite outlook and Sonos running (which usually drains the battery), I have only lost 20% since the last charge 1 day and 7 hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Are these still sim free from Vodafone?
    If I order now roughly when will it be at store to collect.?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

iggy wrote: »
    Cheers

Order online and have it delivered next day.think they will remain SIM free on Vodafone. Tweet Vodafone to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Cheers

You'd probably be better getting it posted I ordered mine late in Tuesday evening and had it on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Two days from the battery, with about 7 hours of screen on time, that's pretty solid.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Two days from the battery, with about 7 hours of screen on time, that's pretty solid.

That 7 hours on WiFi?

• Advertisement

Silly question time I want to use this on Eir so when I'm ordering online from Vodafone what option do I choose, upgrade, get a new number or move number to Vodafone?
    Cheers

Silly question time I want to use this on Eir so when I'm ordering online from Vodafone what option do I choose, upgrade, get a new number or move number to Vodafone?
    Cheers

Get a new number I picked

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Get a new number I picked

Ordered thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eh i dunno wrote: »
    That 7 hours on WiFi?
    For parts, 3 hours on WiFi maybe.
    Rest was 4G with plenty of browsing and setting up a smartwatch at one point so Bluetooth on for a while as well.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    For parts, 3 hours on WiFi maybe.
    Rest was 4G with plenty of browsing and setting up a smartwatch at one point so Bluetooth on for a while as well.

I'm definitely not getting two days out of the battery. Was at 30% last night 17 hours after charge. Maybe 3 hours screen time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got 5 hours screen time the other day with 30% left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'm getting three 12 hour night shifts out of it with around 20% left. Has anyone noticed that the signal strength and availability of 4g+ is much better with this phone. I've noticed when in the car that is showing 5 bars in places where I had little or no coverage.

jca wrote: »
    I'm getting three 12 hour night shifts out of it with around 20% left. Has anyone noticed that the signal strength and availability of 4g+ is much better with this phone. I've noticed when in the car that is showing 5 bars in places where I had little or no coverage.

Yes definitely better signal for me. I'd sometimes struggle to get 3g on the OnePlus2 in my house. Now its 4g+ all over!

jca wrote: »

This has way better 4G+ coverage than my previous Vodafone Platinum 7 but it also has better 4G than that.

I travel dublin-cork on the rail quite frequently and with the Nokia I have 4G most of the way, while with the Platinum 7 it mostlyis H+.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

The free Google Home Minis have started shipping according to someone on reddit.

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »
    The free Google Home Minis have started shipping according to someone on reddit.

Has anybody gotten any sort of confirmation once they have submitted their details?

The form was very small (house number, street, post code) and that was it so I'm worried that this will never show giving that it did not even say Ireland on it.

Has anybody gotten any sort of confirmation once they have submitted their details?

The form was very small (house number, street, post code) and that was it so I'm worried that this will never show giving that it did not even say Ireland on it.

I remember Ireland coming up when I put my details in.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

This has way better 4G+ coverage than my previous Vodafone Platinum 7 but it also has better 4G than that.

I travel dublin-cork on the rail quite frequently and with the Nokia I have 4G most of the way, while with the Platinum 7 it mostlyis H+.

Is yours dual SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Na,no confirmation

dunleas wrote: »

Is yours dual SIM?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭deckie27

Have phone one a week.
    Only real issue I have is Bluetooth signal
    Connects ok etc. But the range is very short and easily disrupted.
    Having came from a Moto g4 same Bluetooth devices the difference is huge.

Anyone.else with this issue or possibly my phone is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

deckie27 wrote: »
    Have phone one a week.
    Only real issue I have is Bluetooth signal
    Connects ok etc. But the range is very short and easily disrupted.
    Having came from a Moto g4 same Bluetooth devices the difference is huge.

Anyone.else with this issue or possibly my phone is faulty.

I had a problem or two with Bluetooth dropping/stuttering for a second or two while playing media.

I cleared the cache of the Bluetooth app, unpaired all devices and reconnected them. I then went into the app section under settings and turned off battery optimisation under any of my music/streaming apps.

All of the above seems to have done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭robinwing

Pugzilla wrote: »

Just got mine delivered this morning , Arrived in a big box from Exertis M50 Business Park

robinwing wrote: »
    Just got mine delivered this morning , Arrived in a big box from Exertis M50 Business Park

Did u use Parcel motel address or your home address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭robinwing

Did u use Parcel motel address or your home address?

it was delivered to my home address by courier van this morning i had forgotten about it , i only got it because i used the link posted earlier in this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭deckie27

breeno wrote: »
    I had a problem or two with Bluetooth dropping/stuttering for a second or two while playing media.

I cleared the cache of the Bluetooth app, unpaired all devices and reconnected them. I then went into the app section under settings and turned off battery optimisation under any of my music/streaming apps.

All of the above seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Breeno

When you say Bluetooth app. All I can find is screenshot attached. Only option is to disable app.
    Am in the correct place?

Thanks

deckie27 wrote: »
    Thanks Breeno

When you say Bluetooth app. All I can find is screenshot attached. Only option is to disable app.
    Am in the correct place?

Thanks

Thats it - click "Storage" and you should see the option to clear cache.

robinwing wrote:

Exertis is the distributor here for phone's. One of them anyway.

Just got mine delivered this morning , Arrived in a big box from Exertis M50 Business Park[/quote

I was advised here to use parcel motel,UK address etc, waiting, waiting ggggggggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Just got my Google Home Mini delivered by courier. I entered my home address when I claimed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Anybody able to top-up their leap card via the "Leap Top-Up" app ? I can't even get the app to read my card. I made sure NFC is enabled etc..
    I have an old Vodafone Smart ultra 7 phone on which it works fine.

Anybody able to top-up their leap card via the "Leap Top-Up" app ? I can't even get the app to read my card. I made sure NFC is enabled etc..

Mine reads it ok. Haven't tried topping it up yet though.

Yeah, there was no need to use parcel motel or any other UK address. Ireland came up as a option when entering delivery address.

Just received a phone update.hopefully sorts out my occasionally unresponsive screen.

• Advertisement

Late delivery here. Google mini just arrived..

GBX wrote: »
    Mine reads it ok. Haven't tried topping it up yet though.

Where is the NFC sensor on the back ?
    Also was there any other setting that needed to be enabled

I am having ongoing problems with the stability of the NFC function, not only for leap but also for my id card. It usually takes me a couple of attempts before the cards are read and sometimes it breaks the connection before the activity is done.

I thought it was my unit at first but like you, there are others out there which report that they have trouble.

Where is the NFC sensor on the back ?
    Also was there any other setting that needed to be enabled

Seems to be up towards the top on the back. Took 2 or 3 attempts.

Just got a "system update" notification. Will do it later and see what gives

Received phone today. Got updates straight away to 8.1
    Just claimed the Google mini too using my home address with Eircode in Capital letters worked.

I'm coming from a Samsung, is there anyway to change font style and also change notifications and ringtone to custom using ZEDGE? I saved a ringtone but can't see how to apply it. It's not on the list.

Love the phone so far

new update just arrived on mine too..

GBX wrote: »
    Seems to be up towards the top on the back. Took 2 or 3 attempts.

Just got a "system update" notification. Will do it later and see what gives

Cheers finally got it to work, basically had to place the card over the camera module at the top and as you said it does take couple of attempts sometimes.

For those who got the Google mini delivered, what courier company was used please.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Just got the 8.1 update. No sign of the google mini yet

For those who got the Google mini delivered, what courier company was used please.

Nighltine

• Advertisement
Advertisement