Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

My google mini never showed up in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jca wrote: »
    Battery life has returned to normal after the June update. Still no sign of the fingerprint gestures coming back..

Settings --> System --> Gestures --> Swipe fingerprint for notifications --> ON

Try that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

GBX wrote: »
    Mine is dual SIM & typical of many phones.

Dual SIM

Or sim and memory card.

But you did not get this from Vodafone, the Vodafone ones are the single sim TA-1055 unless you were very lucky.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    My google mini never showed up in the end!

Did you use you use your real address or parcelmotel/wizard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Pugzilla wrote: »

Mine is also missing, bloody parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kevez wrote: »
    Are the phones from Vodafone dual SIM phones?

Oops sorry about that, I thought the second slot was memory card only..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

But you did not get this from Vodafone, the Vodafone ones are the single sim TA-1055 unless you were very lucky.

I got mine from Three. Lucky yes (I won it) :o

It's a 1055 dual SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I assume that's a one off. That the rest from 3 are single SIM

Now I'm completely confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_7_Plus

The 1055 seems to be the Indian firmware.

Usually Irish or UK ones are single SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

There is not one hope of an operator selling dual sim here.

I may be mistaken. I assumed the 2 slots to be dual SIM based on the tray configuration of previous phones. Sorry for the confusion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

I bought a dual sim variant, box states 7+ TA-1062 DS 4/64 TW. Build number is showing 00WW_2_22A_SP01. Since getting it it's updated to Android 8.1.0 1 June 2018 security patch.
    I'm assuming from this that I've the global dual sim variant then - could you confirm please? If not should I convert using https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...nt-to-t3769541
    I'm not getting 4G+ here in Ireland with VF - although bands supported (on box) show LTE 1,3,4,5,7,8,20,28,34,38,39,40,41 - I'd assume I should be able to - again would appreciate confirmation
    I'm heading to the USA next month - will this variant work there?
    Apologies for the newbie q's I didn't realise there were so many variants of the same device and before the returns window runs out I need to decide what to do

emul wrote: »
    I bought a dual sim variant, box states 7+ TA-1062 DS 4/64 TW. Build number is showing 00WW_2_22A_SP01. Since getting it it's updated to Android 8.1.0 1 June 2018 security patch.
    I'm assuming from this that I've the global dual sim variant then - could you confirm please? If not should I convert using https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...nt-to-t3769541
    I'm not getting 4G+ here in Ireland with VF - although bands supported (on box) show LTE 1,3,4,5,7,8,20,28,34,38,39,40,41 - I'd assume I should be able to - again would appreciate confirmation
    I'm heading to the USA next month - will this variant work there?
    Apologies for the newbie q's I didn't realise there were so many variants of the same device and before the returns window runs out I need to decide what to do

I have the same variant as you, so I'll try help out where I can!

My build number is the same as yours, but I did install the worldwide f/w from xda. Your link doesn't work btw, but from the thread number, I worked out that it was the China to WW thread :)

From what I know, your phone will work in USA on GSM networks! There is band 5 and 3 on the chip, which should be fine. I did see something about it not working on CDMA networks, but I think it's just Sprint that still use this. You'll have to look into that a bit more though, depending on if you want to roam in USA, or you intent to buy a local SIM for slot 2! :)

Marcbrophy - thanks for response. Correct the link I was looking to post was the convert Chinese to WW, was it easy enough? Have you 4G+ working?

Marcbrophy - thanks for response. Correct the link I was looking to post was the convert Chinese to WW, was it easy enough? Have you 4G+ working?

I had a bit of trouble with it, but only because I went to 9.0 Beta first, then tried to downgrade to 8.1
    It worked in the end, but it was touch and go :)

As for 4G+, actually only noticed that I only have 4G from what I remember. I'm usually on wifi most of the day, but I have never seen 4G+ on this phone! Is that a known issue?

I've changed the phone to LTE / UMTS auto as it's same setting as a Oneplus3 that can get 4G+ but phone seems to favour band 3 or 20, whereas I think it needs to be 5 for 4g+

4G+ working perfectly for me, rapid change has returned too since the June update.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

deckie27 wrote: »
    Yip
    That's the move I made
    Definitely the screen alone is a huge improvement on what you have.
    branners69 wrote: »
    I moved from a Nexus 5x and the missus has a Moto. This is a huge improvement on both. The screen, the storage capacity and the updates all for €320 in Vodafone unlocked makes it a no brainer!

Hiya, am still pondering, this is my logic here, this Nokia 7 Plus is selling for 449.00 in argos, now, for an extra 60 Euro, could get a OnePlus6 6GB RAM/64GB storage that has a snapdragon 845 for 519Euro... am torn.

Convince me otherwise? :pac:

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Hiya, am still pondering, this is my logic here, this Nokia 7 Plus is selling for 449.00 in argos, now, for an extra 60 Euro, could get a OnePlus6 6GB RAM/64GB storage that has a snapdragon 845 for 519Euro... am torn.

Convince me otherwise? :pac:

Cheers

orrr you could pay 319 euro and get it in a vodafone shop which sells them unlocked? :)

• Advertisement

I've changed the phone to LTE / UMTS auto as it's same setting as a Oneplus3 that can get 4G+ but phone seems to favour band 3 or 20, whereas I think it needs to be 5 for 4g+

I tried all the radio type pre-sets. There must be about 20 of them.
    None of them landed on 4G+ for me, just 4G.

There's also a band preference menu under the 3 button menu on that page. I selected Europe and Automatic, but no changes.
    It may just be my location. I should be in a 4G+ zone, but maybe signal is too weak...

orrr you could pay 319 euro and get it in a vodafone shop which sells them unlocked? :)

They wouldn't be pushing you to sign a contract or put on a marketing spiel to say, "Oh you need to be a vodafone customer, etc" :confused:

The body of the handset wouldn't be branded with vodafone or anything?

Am on 3 myself :cool:

t0mm13b wrote: »
    They wouldn't be pushing you to sign a contract or put on a marketing spiel to say, "Oh you need to be a vodafone customer, etc" :confused:

The body of the handset wouldn't be branded with vodafone or anything?

Am on 3 myself :cool:

No, none of that malarkey. I ordered mine online, €319 job's Oxo. Nokia splash screen on startup, it comes with the Vodafone app which you can uninstall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

No, none of that malarkey. I ordered mine online, €319 job's Oxo. Nokia splash screen on startup, it comes with the Vodafone app which you can uninstall.
    Mine didn't :)

I walked into the Vodafone shop and walked out with it ten minutes later.
    I am with Vodafone though

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Mine didn't :)

I walked into the Vodafone shop and walked out with it ten minutes later.
    I am with Vodafone though

Didn't what? I don't understand your post.

Didn't what? I don't understand your post.
    Didn't come with the Vodafone app.
    It installed a Vodafone sim app when I popped my sim into it, but otherwise there was nothing on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone having WiFi issues? I keep getting "Connected, no internet" error at home? Didn't have a problem with my Nexus 5x?

I have made the IP address static but still getting the error?

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Picked one up yesterday. Cracking phone for the money. But audio quality is pretty poor through the headphone jack. Suppose I was spoiled with recent LG phones..

What headphones are you using?

I use a Fidelio X2 and HyperX Cloud 2 and have no problem with either regarding sound quality. Don't even need a DAC/Amp for them.

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    Anyone having WiFi issues? I keep getting "Connected, no internet" error at home? Didn't have a problem with my Nexus 5x?

I have made the IP address static but still getting the error?

I am getting this intermittently.
    Turning WiFi off, then back on solves it!
    I've no overall solution for it though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Pugzilla wrote: »

real address.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Using my Sony EX650AP. Tried these on my old XZ premium, LG V30 and Huawei p20 Pro. Personally I think audio quality is pretty poor on the 7 plus. And I've tried multiple players like Black player and Poweramp.

Might be your individual phone. It shouldn't have any problems with small earbuds if it can drive my big X2. They also have similar ohms, 32 vs 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone who ordered the free Google mini via Parcel Motel get theirs yet?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered the free Google mini via Parcel Motel get theirs yet?

Na, MIA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yeah, I've accepted that I'm not getting the Mini at this stage. Oh well!

Yakult wrote: »
    Yeah, I've accepted that I'm not getting the Mini at this stage. Oh well!

Its actually available on the Google Play store Ireland. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000023755

Seems a common problem for any one thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

eh i dunno wrote: »

Yet noone on this thread has reported experiencing it - if that still constitutes "common"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Picked one up for the wife today. Went into Vodafone store, no hassle, no trying to pawn a sim or get me to sign up to anything. No Vodafone branding. She popped her 3 sim in, worked like a charm. Seems like a good phone for the price

• Advertisement

Not happening to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Folks, how have you found the battery life on this?
    I'm in need of an upgrade on my OP2 and am considering buying the Nokia 7 Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Folks, how have you found the battery life on this?
    I'm in need of an upgrade on my OP2 and am considering buying the Nokia 7 Plus.

Decent but was expecting better. You will get a day out of it with 2/3 hours usage but not the two days they claim

Well I unplugged mine about 23hrs ago and I have 57% battery left.
    I don't expect to get until tomorrow out of it, and it was medium usage yesterday (and I use battery saver overnight), but for a €320 phone, it's good going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

By far the best battery life I've had from any phone which includes iPhone 7, S7 Edge, OP 5, OP 6, LG G6. I'm normally an overnight charger and I've forgotten to charge it a few times and still gotten through a days work and home the following day with medium usage. For the price it's excellent in my eyes.

Decent but was expecting better. You will get a day out of it with 2/3 hours usage but not the two days they claim

I came from a op2 and get 2 days. But usage is relative to battery life. I've had 50+ left after a decent days use. I've gotten 9 hours plus screen time between charges too.

I regularly get 2 days out of the battery with normal usage.
    I've pushed it to an hour or two short of 3 days with less usage, still about 3 hours of screentime for that one though.

The battery on this is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Thanks for the replies everyone. Will be popping into Vodafone later me thinks.

Yet noone on this thread has reported experiencing it - if that still constitutes "common"...

Seems an Indian problem,or else not widely reported in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Paremon

I'm considering buying the N7+ from VF, unlocking it (if locked) & using it with another provider's PAYG plan (better value compared to VF's plans but they don't sell the N7+).

Can anyone see any drawbacks with this approach?
    E.g. Would I still be able to avail of the Androind One updates, despite not using it on the VF network? If not is there a way around that (e.g. pop in a VF SIM temporarily)?
    Any recommendations of where to get it unlocked & approx cost?

• Advertisement
Advertisement