Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Tazzimus wrote:
    How heavily are you using it? I regularly get two days from mine, sometimes just shy of three. I'll get a day and a half with heavy enough usage.

Maybe I need to let the battery charge fully for the first couple of charges in order to get the best use of battery...

I am not using it heavily at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have to say I really don't find it that much better for a phone that is 4 years newer, running the latest version of Android...

How do you find the battery usage? Does it take you long to charge the phone?

You should use Ampere to check what is using your battery and also how fast you are charging it.

Because you can measure all this stuff, you'd don't have to guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Do you find the battery to be better and did u have the same issue charging Initially if you can recall?

I have the store checking it for an issue now with the battery, but looks like I will have to get used to it... Because I bought it in-store means that I am not entitled to return it... You are only entitled to return a.phone if you buy online or over the phone due to distance selling regulations...

Battery is much better IMO. No issues with charging at all. I have it updated to Oreo 8.1. So far I have had no issues whatsoever with the phone.

marcbrophy wrote:
    As a medium to heavy user, I can say that during a 24 hour period, I have found that I have used between 45% to 60%

Not getting anything like that at all, which is what is putting me off the handset...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

May have gotten one with a faulty battery, it can happen.

Also, fast charge only works with the screen off. Once the screen is on, it'll switch back to normal charging. People had concerns about the heat generated on fast charge or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SkryneRed

Anybody here have the dual SIM version from Vodafone? Or Vodafone only selling the single sim version?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Picked up one yesterday from Vodafone Dundrum. Can confirm still sim free as using it with eir. Happily noticed that the google home mini promotion has been extended to 31st July for Ireland: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Picked up one yesterday from Vodafone Dundrum. Can confirm still sim free as using it with eir. Happily noticed that the google home mini promotion has been extended to 31st July for Ireland: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

I wouldnt hold my breath about receiving it, I spoke to Nokia 10 days ago and they said Exertis are distributing the home mini on their behalf. I have sent two emails to Exertis (7 and 3 days ago). They havent even responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

branners69 wrote: »
    I wouldnt hold my breath about receiving it, I spoke to Nokia 10 days ago and they said Exertis are distributing the home mini on their behalf. I have sent two emails to Exertis (7 and 3 days ago). They havent even responded.

Ah :( Just checked the T&Cs link and I see it says 3 Ireland only:
    The redemption will be open to any customer residing in Republic of Ireland who has purchased a single SIM variant Nokia 7 Plus on the Three Ireland network and submits a valid IMEI between May 2nd to July 31st, 2018. Customers will be eligible to receive one Google Home Mini speaker per Nokia 7 Plus purchase. Customers will be able to redeem speakers until July 31st, 2018. The purchase will be validated via a Three Ireland IMEI. Redemption will be limited to 3 speakers per household and is open as long as stock lasts

The vodafone IMEI validated on the claim site ok. Ah well, wont hold my breath for it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Ah :( Just checked the T&Cs link and I see it says 3 Ireland only:

The vodafone IMEI validated on the claim site ok. Ah well, wont hold my breath for it so.

I got mine within 3 days, used it once, couldn't be bothered with it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭BurnUp78

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The charger just isn't compatible!
    It'll work again when you use the Nokia charger!

Yep you were right.. charging grand now with the nokia charger. Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Yep you were right.. charging grand now with the nokia charger. Phew!

No worries, I had similar happen before, so kinda knew you'd be grand! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I got my Google Home Mini with a Vodafone IMEI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Speaking of Nokia, anyone know when (or if even) the .1's are coming to Irish shores? I'm quite keen on the 5.1 or the 6.1

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Picked one up on Henry Street today and I can confirm that it's unlocked.

Ironically when I told them I wanted to buy it in the first Vodafone shop they told me it was locked to Vodafone without me even asking. The staff member even confirmed it with another member of staff. I went to the other store further up the street and got it with no questions asked.

Lovely piece of kit I have to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

SkryneRed wrote: »
    Anybody here have the dual SIM version from Vodafone? Or Vodafone only selling the single sim version?
    6.1 plus out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

On the off chance one was locked, are they easily unlocked anyone know ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Well I picked up one on Tuesday from three and I'm returning it today... Is definetly not better than my 4 year old OnePlus One... Battery was gone in less than a day and Took 3 hours to charge..
    No notification LED either... Not great IMO.. I'll just replace the battery in my OPO and get another year out of it...

nah, there's something wrong here.

Mine went from 20% to 100% charge yesterday, while connected to a bluetooth speaker and playing spotify, in about 90 mins.

On Friday morning I got up at 6.30am and then the phone was at 20% yesterday evening at 5pm. Moderate usage, mostly whatsapp, spotify, small bit of netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Does anyone know if eir will be stocking this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jomazuma

Was planning on getting the P20 lite but this phone intrigues me...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭BurnUp78

Jomazuma wrote: »
    Was planning on getting the P20 lite but this phone intrigues me...

Doesn't seem to be an awful lot difference between them and id say you cant go wrong with either for the price. P20 Lite does have a more premium and flagship appearance(but also has the notch) while Nokia has the bigger battery and brand name recognition..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

On Friday morning I got up at 6.30am and then the phone was at 20% yesterday evening at 5pm. Moderate usage, mostly whatsapp, spotify, small bit of netflix.

Yeah it seems to be better now... Not sure what happenend but it seems to be ok now and what a cool phone it is....

Really liking it now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

when i get a new phone I install nova premium and set it up as i set up all my phones.

This is the best performing battery I've had, and I had 2 Oneplus Ones bought months apart when they were only out, and this is outperforming them.

At 2pm today I had 100%, went out to watch the match which involved travel, using spotify, then a load of whatsapp to and fro in various groups, and using my phone to pay for a few rounds, walking and listening to spotify for a half hour, mytaxi-ing a cab and getting home.

Now at 01.30am, almost 12 hours later, the phone is at 77%, expect it to be at 76% by 2, so that's 24% depletion in 12 hours of normal usage, for me.

I'm torn between this, the X6 and the 6.1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

when i get a new phone I install nova premium and set it up as i set up all my phones.

This is the best performing battery I've had, and I had 2 Oneplus Ones bought months apart when they were only out, and this is outperforming them.

At 2pm today I had 100%, went out to watch the match which involved travel, using spotify, then a load of whatsapp to and fro in various groups, and using my phone to pay for a few rounds, walking and listening to spotify for a half hour, mytaxi-ing a cab and getting home.

Now at 01.30am, almost 12 hours later, the phone is at 77%, expect it to be at 76% by 2, so that's 24% depletion in 12 hours of normal usage, for me.

how??? what is nova premium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

ofcork wrote: »
    Does anyone know if eir will be stocking this?

Just buy in Vodafone or Three... They are unlocked and will work fine with your eir sim.

Just buy in Vodafone or Three... They are unlocked and will work fine with your eir sim.

Better to buy In Three for the extra €20 and you get a FREE Google Mini

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm torn between this, the X6 and the 6.1...
    6.1 plus also on the way

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

6.1 plus also on the way

The 6.1 plus is the x6. It's just a rename for international market.

• Advertisement

6.1 plus also on the way

The 6.1 plus is the x6. It's just a rename for international market.
    But the 6.1 plus is for global? AFAIK anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Ordered online Wednesday morning, arrived Friday morning. SIM free. Working away on Eir no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Better to buy In Three for the extra €20 and you get a FREE Google Mini

I claimed the free Google Home Mini for a phone my wife bought from Vodafone. The claim page is a Nokia website and it verified the IMEI. So I think wherever you buy one you can get the Google Home Mini. I *think* the expiry is end July.

Could anyone recommend a screen protector for this device? I've only had it for one week and already have a three inch micro scratch across the screen.

I bought an Olixar screen protector but I couldn't use it because it created way to many bubbles when I tried to put it on.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Heiser

Got one in vodaphone today. The woman working there said it was definitely locked to vodaphone. I bought it anyway and will try with my 3 sim later. It says in the packaging it was packed on the 6th June, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a screen protector for this device? I've only had it for one week and already have a three inch micro scratch across the screen.

I bought an Olixar screen protector but I couldn't use it because it created way to many bubbles when I tried to put it on.

Cheers

I'm using upscreen® Scratch Shield Clear Premium Screen Protector for Nokia 7 Plus. It is slightly smaller than the screen (due to the curves) but you get used to that very quickly and it does not hinder the operation of the device.

I got it at this shop for a reasonable price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Ordered another one for the wife for her birthday from Vodafone on line. Received it next day and popped eir sim in and away we go. 👍

Phat Cat wrote: »

Cheers

I'm using upscreen® Scratch Shield Clear Premium Screen Protector for Nokia 7 Plus. It is slightly smaller than the screen (due to the curves) but you get used to that very quickly and it does not hinder the operation of the device.

I got it at this shop for a reasonable price.

That's perfect, thanks!

Heiser wrote: »
    Got one in vodaphone today. The woman working there said it was definitely locked to vodaphone. I bought it anyway and will try with my 3 sim later. It says in the packaging it was packed on the 6th June, fingers crossed.

How'd you get on?

Anybody else having problems with their earphone jack continuosly disconnecting with even the slightest touch of the jack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Heiser

How'd you get on?

Yep the phone is unlocked. Fantastic phone, I love how the copper lights up when you take a photo

I was in a Three shop a few days ago just to have a look at the 7 Plus. It's flippin' huge! Easily 3 or 4 times the size of my puny current phone. I don't think my pockets are big enough :D

I was in a Three shop a few days ago just to have a look at the 7 Plus. It's flippin' huge! Easily 3 or 4 times the size of my puny current phone. I don't think my pockets are big enough :D

What phone do you have? It is big but takes no time to get used to it. Ive gradually gone up in phone sizes so not too much change. Go for it .. you know you want to :D

GBX wrote: »
    What phone do you have? It is big but takes no time to get used to it. Ive gradually gone up in phone sizes so not too much change. Go for it .. you know you want to :D

Oh geez, some Samsung phone that's donkeys years old AND I HATE IT SO FLIPPING MUCH! Galaxy Ace or something I think. It's useless! Not even 1 GB RAM so trying to use the internet on it is about as useful and effecient as using tissue paper for a condom! Geez!

I'm tempted by the 7 Plus definitely, but the €340 price tag is too steep for my liking. I've never spent more than €200 on a phone and vowed to never to. But I'm eager for the 6.1 coming out which is somewhere between €250-€300. I just dunno when the feckin' thing releases here! I could still go for the 7 though! Haha

Oh geez, some Samsung phone that's donkeys years old AND I HATE IT SO FLIPPING MUCH! Galaxy Ace or something I think. It's useless! Not even 1 GB RAM so trying to use the internet on it is about as useful and effecient as using tissue paper for a condom! Geez!

I'm tempted by the 7 Plus definitely, but the €340 price tag is too steep for my liking. I've never spent more than €200 on a phone and vowed to never to. But I'm eager for the 6.1 coming out which is somewhere between €250-€300. I just dunno when the feckin' thing releases here! I could still go for the 7 though! Haha

Yeah it's not cheap but the 6.1 would be a great alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 6.1 is £199 sim free in CPW in the UK in blue or black

Davy wrote: »

The 6.1 is £199 sim free in CPW in the UK in blue or black
    6.1 plus e251 on e global

The Dual SIM N7+ that I got on eglobal for €351 back in May is now €275

Got it in less than 2 weeks.
    Maybe it would support your budget Jaxxx?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nokia-7-plus-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-black.html

It's the TA-1062 model :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

The Dual SIM N7+ that I got on eglobal for €351 back in May is now €275

Got it in less than 2 weeks.
    Maybe it would support your budget Jaxxx?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nokia-7-plus-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-black.html

It's the TA-1062 model :)

Would you be at all concerned about warranty or anything?

• Advertisement

Would you be at all concerned about warranty or anything?

Not in the slightest my friend :D

Advertisement