Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nokia released a 4th Android beta, this time named Pie, as per it's official name.
    This time though it has an ota option, working like a dream so far on my 7+

Yggr was saying on the previous page that, they can't use Pay app anymore!
    Do you use that one yourself? :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107742120&postcount=785

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Yggr was saying on the previous page that, they can't use Pay app anymore!
    Do you use that one yourself? :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107742120&postcount=785

No, I don't use those at all, sorry.

No, I don't use those at all, sorry.

No worries, you're better off that it doesn't affect you!
    Just wondering if others on the final Beta are having the same problem with that app! :)

I might move over to the Beta myself at the weekend.
    It seems to be more or less there from all accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It looks like the device is no longer certified once you install the beta.

If you go into store/settings look under "Play Protect Certified", for me it now shows as not certified.

It looks like the device is no longer certified once you install the beta.

If you go into store/settings look under "Play Protect Certified", for me it now shows as not certified.

Yeah, I used to get it before when I'd root devices, but not install Magisk.
    One telltale sign, apart from Pay not working, is that Netflix isn't available in the store. And if you had it installed, it's gone from the device.

I just didn't think they'd that a beta would be uncertified.
    Well hopefully the full release is around the corner, and you can get back to using Pay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Wife dropped phone and cracked the screen.
    It's still working.
    Anyone find a cheapish place for screen replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GBX wrote: »

Be careful with that one. There is a Nokia 7 and a Nokia 7 Plus. It says it's for the Nokia 7 so may not work with the Plus (assuming they are different of course).

Ah right. Didnt know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got an update for the camera today and it does seem to have improved an awful lot.
    Less blown out images from what I can see and feels a lot quicker to take a snap.

An android central article from last weeks states that we will get the full release of android 9.0 pie during September.

https://www.androidcentral.com/nokia-7-plus-will-receive-android-90-pie-stable-update-september

And while we could have guessed that ourselves, it's nice to have a rough date, even though it may be next week or 4 weeks away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

my stock dialler app has updated it looks totally different. hevent decided if its better or worse or prettier. its just different. give me a few days to think about it lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

emo72 wrote: »
    my stock dialler app has updated it looks totally different. hevent decided if its better or worse or prettier. its just different. give me a few days to think about it lads!

yeah got the same here.

My "phone" app updated on Aug 14th to version 23.0.208561757

Is that what you guys are on about? :)

Mine too .. I dont get many calls so didnt notice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

torn between this and Samsung a8..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Beware of this which HMD are failing to address https://youtu.be/czCyeaiVXPw

Touch wood my phone hasn't had that issue yet. The usb connection is solid.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Beware of this which HMD are failing to address https://youtu.be/czCyeaiVXPw

For those who don't want to click and watch youtube to understand what is referred to.

The person there says that the USB port is of poor quality and disconnects or does not allow charging when the cable/phone is moved slightly around.

While I don't have the issue of the the 7+ Jim, I think it may be an issue with usb-c as a connector type in general.
    I had connection issues on my OP5 and less so on my OP3, but they were there.

Keep harassing them on Twitter, most companies give in after a few tweets and help out :)

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seriously thinking of buying one or the p20 really like the look of the Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

I had this issue with the galaxy a5 2017 before, I thought the issue was that the port was loose but in fact there were things like crumbs had got into the port. Using a pin/needle to clear around the port helped sort this issue out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Anyone bought one from Three and checked to see if it's unlocked? They have them for €299.99 so €20 cheaper than Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phantomclipe

Hey,
    wondering if anyone here is having difficulty with GPS sports tracking Apps (Strava in particular) on their 7? A quick google brought up a lot of hits but I couldn’t see any offering an actual solution (Strava intermittently works, more often app self closes down during the activity) I have contacted the Nokia support and they claim it’s an issue on Strava’s end “Strava needs to calibrate their app to the Nokia device”. Anybody out there know any more on the issue?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

manu2009 wrote: »
    Anyone bought one from Three and checked to see if it's unlocked? They have them for €299.99 so €20 cheaper than Vodafone.

Vodafones come unlocked anyway so for the extra 20 euro it's worth it in the safety you know it will work with your sim. Unless someone can confirm Threes' model comes unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

While I don't have the issue of the the 7+ Jim, I think it may be an issue with usb-c as a connector type in general.
    I had connection issues on my OP5 and less so on my OP3, but they were there.

Keep harassing them on Twitter, most companies give in after a few tweets and help out :)

Best of luck.
    Its becomes a big problem now and many reporting same they have the device now had to send it back to Hungary. Yes flaming Hungary

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Its becomes a big problem now and many reporting same they have the device now had to send it back to Hungary. Yes flaming Hungary

I haven't noticed the issue with me but it's only a few weeks old. I got it from Amazon though, so if it encounters a problem I'll be sending it to them instead of Hungary.

Another Android Pie beta update started rolling out today, with September's security patch! :)

Fingers crossed wont be waiting too much longer for the OTA update.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The new update wipes the phone but Netflix works, which is nice

• Advertisement

The new update wipes the phone but Netflix works, which is nice

Back to passing SafetyNet then!
    That means that Google Pay should work also :)

Back to passing SafetyNet then!
    That means that Google Pay should work also :)

Still won't work for me, same as with the previous build.

Still won't work for me, same as with the previous build.

Dammit anyway :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

I missed the memo about the phone resetting when updating. Annoying hour of logging back into everything although I did manually add Lawnchair V2 launcher which is a nice update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

marcbrophy wrote:
    That means that Google Pay should work also

Google pay works for me no problem at all...

Google pay works for me no problem at all...

Did you do an OTA upgrade or did you flash your device?

I did OTA and I'm still getting that I can not use google pay for payment in shops as my device has been altered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Why would Netflix not work on this phone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

eiei0 wrote: »

It could be an issue with DRM, Google’s Widevine Digital Rights Management protocol.

A good few Chinese branded phones have issues with streaming or playing HD video content because they're not compliant or configured properly to work with the DRM software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I seem to still be on the July security patch..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

just watched a show on netlfix on this phone this morning

vodafone network.

Netflix works fine.

There are some incidents where when you use the Android Beta Ota upgrade the device looses it's google play protect certification and hence Netflix or Google pay don't work.

Did you do an OTA upgrade or did you flash your device?

No., Just the original OTA update to 8.1 I think it was...

eiei0 wrote:

Netflix and Amazon prime work on my phone without issue...

eiei0 wrote:

Netflix and Amazon prime work on my phone without issue...

Yes but you are not on the beta as per your post above, so it will work.

Issue are only for some on the beta as the device looses the play protect certification if you do an. OTA to the beta.

Netflix works for me.
    I am on the Beta, which was an OTA install.
    Previous Betas could not be installed OTA, but recent versions could.
    Still not the official stable release yet.
    And doesn't explain why some are having Netflix issues and others aren't.

• Advertisement

Netflix works for me.
    I am on the Beta, which was an OTA install.
    Previous Betas could not be installed OTA, but recent versions could.
    Still not the official stable release yet.
    And doesn't explain why some are having Netflix issues and others aren't.

What is the google play protect the status of your device in the google play store?

Also does your google pay work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Nokia once were kings of all there was and they had their day, but their time is done. This is merely a Chinese company that have bough the right to use the one great name, selling inferior junk

What an ignominious end for this brand.

This junk is not Nokia

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Nokia once were kings of all there was and they had their day, but their time is done. This is merely a Chinese company that have bough the right to use the one great name, selling inferior junk

What an ignominious end for this brand.

This junk is not Nokia

For Phones the name Nokia is licensed to former Nokia Employees who founded HMD Global for that purpose.

HMD Global OY is a finish company (located in the same building as what remains of Nokia in Espoo).

I don't know what gives you the impression that it's a Chinese company that got the rights, that is wrong.

Maybe you should look at http://www.hmdglobal.com/about/ !

For those on beta with netflix problems, looks like this can help:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=Netflix%20says%20%27Device%20failure%20occurred.%20(501.-117)%27

Seams the current netflix app version requires specific DRM components and google play certification to facilitate the download part, the version in that link does not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

For Phones the name Nokia is licensed to former Nokia Employees who founded HMD Global for that purpose.

HMD Global OY is a finish company (located in the same building as what remains of Nokia in Espoo).

I don't know what gives you the impression that it's a Chinese company that got the rights, that is wrong.

Maybe you should look at http://www.hmdglobal.com/about/ !

Yes a Chinese company who had paid for the right to use the Nokia name thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement