Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Freeze.. Luck.. Unlock... Then BROWSE Wtf? .
    Is it hardware problem?
    Got all the updates but still the same.

Gonna get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Is he using it as well or leaving it there to charge?

I must be one of the lucky ones that don't have any issues with my phone.
    Leaving it , sometimes no problems,other times hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

iggy wrote: »
    Freeze.. Luck.. Unlock... Then BROWSE Wtf? .
    Is it hardware problem?
    Got all the updates but still the same.

Gonna get rid.

That's me too. Honestly anyone considering this phone just reconsider and buy a decent phone for 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

I have the phone since May, dual SIM bought through the UK, and not once have I had an issue. OS updates have not been as timely as I would have expected, and I am convinced that the charging cable is a bit iffy, but no operational issues.

I have a number of work colleagues with them too and they are all very happy as well. I would have no hesitation in buying another.

mx5ire wrote: »
    I have the phone since May, dual SIM bought through the UK, and not once have I had an issue. OS updates have not been as timely as I would have expected, and I am convinced that the charging cable is a bit iffy, but no operational issues.

I have a number of work colleagues with them too and they are all very happy as well. I would have no hesitation in buying another.
    Charging cable is iffy alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I'm the same. Bought one, showed it to my friend and he went out that day to replace his iPhone. He showed it to a three colleagues who are all happy users.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Very happy with mine, too. Bought it from Vodafone at the start of May, it arrived unlocked, and it's never given me a moment's trouble. No problems with the charging cable, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

bought mine from the vodafone online store! everything good, its not sim-locked.

one thing i noticed: its the TA-1055 model, which is the indian variant. wondering why i didnt get TA-1046, which is the european/international model?

anyway, i assume the only difference is going to be supported 4g bands. hope thats about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

murfilein wrote: »
    bought mine from the vodafone online store! everything good, its not sim-locked.

one thing i noticed: its the TA-1055 model, which is the indian variant. wondering why i didnt get TA-1046, which is the european/international model?

anyway, i assume the only difference is going to be supported 4g bands. hope thats about it.

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk and it's a TA-1055.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got one from Three, its also the 1055:

From XDA Developers:
    "TA-1046 = DualSIM, 4GB RAM, AndroidOne, Global
    TA-1055 = SingleSIM, 4GB RAM, AndroidOne, Global
    TA-1062 global = DualSIM, 4GB RAM, AndroidOne, Global
    TA-1062 china = DualSIM, 6GB RAM, NO AndroidOne, China(without GooglePlay and with (i think) some china apps)"

Irish networks are known not to ship/sell dual sim phones. Obviously they want all your money, rather than sharing it with another network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

1055 from Vodafone too. My charging port is a problem. It's too loose and very hard to charge. I'll have to send it back for repair. Brutal.

emo72 wrote: »
    1055 from Vodafone too. My charging port is a problem. It's too loose and very hard to charge. I'll have to send it back for repair. Brutal.

Mine is a 1046 bought through the UK, but i believe shipped in from outside the UK. As stated above, no issues with it, but the charging cable is definitely not right - its gives intermittent issues on a couple of other Samsungs in the house too. Whereas if i use the Samsung cables, no issues at all.

Ask a silly question - have you access to another USB-C cable to try it?

Mine is a 1046 bought through the UK, but i believe shipped in from outside the UK. As stated above, no issues with it, but the charging cable is definitely not right - its gives intermittent issues on a couple of other Samsungs in the house too. Whereas if i use the Samsung cables, no issues at all.

that's interesting

my wife hasn't used the nokia cable yet, as i have a oneplus6 and it's cable set up at home, so that's what she uses at home. it's not loose.

is the Nokia cable loose from the beginning or does it develop over time?

No. Good question. I have a few USBC cables. Same problems. So it's the phone itself I guess. It's the bloody hassle of sending it back. I'm not happy.

that's interesting

my wife hasn't used the nokia cable yet, as i have a oneplus6 and it's cable set up at home, so that's what she uses at home. it's not loose.

Its not any looser now than it originally was, and most of the the time its ok, but i have made a little mark on one side of the connector to ensure that i use that side face up all the time, as it definitely is not consistent - obviously for a USB-C it shouldn't matter, but with this cable it does.

On one of the Samsungs in the house it often stops charging the phone at about 98%, along with a "slow charging " blah blah message. Simply dont see this with the Samsung cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭doney84

Can someone please confirm that if this phone is bought from Three or Vodafone, does it come with their logos and bloatware apps on them?

Thanks,
    doney84

doney84 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm that if this phone is bought from Three or Vodafone, does it come with their logos and bloatware apps on them?

Thanks,
    doney84

no bloat on vodafone.

no bloat on vodafone.

+1

bought from Vodafone online store, and the only non-standard app is a Nokia support app. it can't be uninstalled, but you can disable it. is around 28.5 mb.

i figure you might as well leave it alone, could be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

doney84 wrote: »

Thanks,
    doney84

There are no physical logos on them and the boot screen is Nokia.

It depends on which SIM you are putting into the phone on first startup. The phone will contact the network and download the appropiate settings and in some cases (like vodafone) also revelant software they want you to have.

So while the answer is no to your question, it depends on which SIM is in the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Vodafone sim downloaded a whole one app, which was then uninstalled (start app for setting up a new phone I presume)
    It'll pull in related carrier settings as well, but you want those.

No VF logos anywhere, as it is Android One

• Advertisement

There are no physical logos on them and the boot screen is Nokia.

and you get the iconic nokia jingle which is... i dont know, quite annoying? xD whatever

and you get the iconic nokia jingle which is... i dont know, quite annoying? xD whatever

I find it nostalgic. I love it :D

GBX wrote: »

I find it nostalgic. I love it :D
    Awful , usually goes off in mass,some other dithering oldie( like me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

The Nokia 7.1 plus is about to come out. I wonder will Three or Vodafone stock them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Nokia 7.1 plus is about to come out. I wonder will Three or Vodafone stock them?

There was a rumour it would come out as the 8.1 plus!

When is this supposed to be announced? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I am having problems using soundcloud app or other music/radio apps e.g. seinnteoir radio app.

Before Android Pie update there was no problem, the apps would continue playing music/radio when the screen was locked. Since the update they dont continue to play, just stop after a minute?
    Anybody know a fix for it, if there is one? Is there something to enable?

I am having problems using soundcloud app or other music/radio apps e.g. seinnteoir radio app.

Before Android Pie update there was no problem, the apps would continue playing music/radio when the screen was locked. Since the update they dont continue to play, just stop after a minute?
    Anybody know a fix for it, if there is one? Is there something to enable?

I've no idea but I could imagine it being some type of power saving feature of pie? can probably be fixed with an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

it's a battery saving thing, these apps turn off when the screen is not in use

go to

settings -- battery -- adaptive battery

and de-list those music apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anybody else having problems with the screen magnifier since the upgrade. Can turn the magnifier on by pressing the 'little man arms out' button but not off, have to turn the phone off to disengage it. If I switch on the triple tap there is a tiny but noticeable delay between the keyboard and vibrate that for me at least wrecks my head. Tried a complete phone reset but both problems persist.

that's interesting

Its not any looser now than it originally was, and most of the the time its ok, but i have made a little mark on one side of the connector to ensure that i use that side face up all the time, as it definitely is not consistent - obviously for a USB-C it shouldn't matter, but with this cable it does.

On one of the Samsungs in the house it often stops charging the phone at about 98%, along with a "slow charging " blah blah message. Simply dont see this with the Samsung cables.
    Saw my son at his cable,he has to put it at a certain angle ,else it won't charge, crazy

Saw my son at his cable,he has to put it at a certain angle ,else it won't charge, crazy

Mines going back for repair. I'll let you know how it goes

Try a different cable first!
    I've had this happen to me before with usb-c phones, and a new cable worked :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This,

I have a cable from my old Lumia 950 that needs a wiggle to work, as well as one I bought in town one of the days when I realised I'd forgotten my charger.

The one that came with this as well as the one from my Galaxy A5 work phone work perfectly well.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    This,

I have a cable from my old Lumia 950 that needs a wiggle to work, as well as one I bought in town one of the days when I realised I'd forgotten my charger.

The one that came with this as well as the one from my Galaxy A5 work phone work perfectly well.
    I have to set it to charge,and then put a 5 mm plastic too under where cable connects ,then and only then will it charge

• Advertisement

Please keep us informed,time for repair etc,my teen son will think there's a death in the family without his for more than a few days

Please keep us informed,time for repair etc,my teen son will think there's a death in the family without his for more than a few days
    Update on my son's phone,tried different cables etc,no joy,no charge now whatsoever, back to vodaphone, definitely no more Nokia

Many thanks, dropped phone to vodaphone Wilton,cork at 12 noon, lady informed me there's a 2 yrs warranty ( presume VF) should take a week, disappointed overall TBH had a few Nokia's myself over the years,and was waiting to buy another ( 6.1 plus)but think I'll hang onto my mi max 2 for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I have to set it to charge,and then put a 5 mm plastic too under where cable connects ,then and only then will it charge

Had to do that with Moto G4, and eventually it stopped charging altogether.

Are these affected phones single sim or dual sim? Don't have that problem but bought my dual sim off Amazon.de.

Had to do that with Moto G4, and eventually it stopped charging altogether.

Are these affected phones single sim or dual sim? Don't have that problem but bought my dual sim off Amazon.de.
    Smallies one is single sim

• Advertisement

dodgy charger port update......i didnt send it in to be repaired by nokia. i decided to bring it back to a vodafone shop where i bought it. she said no problem, but before i send it back ill see how dirty it is in there. i thought she was wasting her time because obviously thats the first thing i tried (badly, mind you!) she pulled a ton of gunk out and its working perfect now. so lucked out, and save a load of hassle.

dodgy charger port update......i didnt send it in to be repaired by nokia. i decided to bring it back to a vodafone shop where i bought it. she said no problem, but before i send it back ill see how dirty it is in there. i thought she was wasting her time because obviously thats the first thing i tried (badly, mind you!) she pulled a ton of gunk out and its working perfect now. so lucked out, and save a load of hassle.
    How did she get it out? Can of air? I tried hoover etc ,no joy

that little pin you use for ejecting a sim card? simple as that.

that little pin you use for ejecting a sim card? simple as that.
    Afraid of damage, handed it on to VF Wilton,,was she robust ,as in none too gentle?you'd think a metal yoke might harm it

it looked like she done it millions of times tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Haven't seen the November Security update as yet (Oreo, Three) - anybody else?

Haven't seen the November Security update as yet (Oreo, Three) - anybody else?

Nope, no Nov update here either! Sim free, 3 and Voda :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just received the November update here. It's a big one and seems to have lots of other improvements in it.

Details of the update.

https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-7-plus-gets-a-new-pie-build-with-updated-camera-app-november-security-patch-list-of-markets/

Nearly half a GB, fair lump of an update

Downloading now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement