Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for saving money..

• 18-03-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to save money in the future. Therefore I'm curious as to which is the best An Post, Credit Union or bank (which bank)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to save money in the future. Therefore I'm curious as to which is the best An Post, Credit Union or bank (which bank)?

Thanks.

You thinking of long term savings? ie a pension, or have you already got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

mooreman09 wrote: »

Hi. a pension I have not considered that. I'm 25 in April, I'm more so considering putting money away for a house in the future.

Is a pension something to be thinking about now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I find the credit union good for saving from the point of view of it being slightly inconvenient to take out so you are less likely to spend it on impulse purchases meaning your savings will grow better. A lot of bank savings accounts have online access and you can easily transfer money to your current account and send it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi all,

Thanks.

lump sum or monthly savings? If it is a lump sum, how long can you lock the money away for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Hi. a pension I have not considered that. I'm 25 in April, I'm more so considering putting money away for a house in the future.

Yes. A pension is absolutely something you should be thinking about. The longer you leave it the worse off you will be as a pensioner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭billyhead

An Posts State Savings accounts have the best long term return rate at present but as mentioned you need to be prepared to lock them away for 5 or 10 years. Theres also a 4 year option I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Yes. A pension is absolutely something you should be thinking about. The longer you leave it the worse off you will be as a pensioner

From a financial product called a pension. If the OP invests in other financial products etc over the years they may not be

My occupational pension is quite solid.

I pay in 5.45% of salary

Employer contribution is 20.9% of my salary.

Which gives me a total annual pension contibution of 26.35% of a my salary 😂😂😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My occupational pension is quite solid.

I pay in 5.45% of salary

Employer contribution is 20.9% of my salary.

Which gives me a total annual pension contibution of 26.35% of a my salary ������

:eek::eek::eek:

Jez, thats some pension scheme you're in.

You sure those figures are right?

I'm a Northern silly servant yep CS pensions scheme Alpha 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm a Northern silly servant
    So you could end up on a better pension than salary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Greetings. Have you considered doing a personal financial plan / retirement plan?
    lansingfinancialservices com

You won’t last too long around here.

Advertisement