Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Amsterdam?

Options
  • 18-03-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

How is it?

How do you find the people, culture etc??

I understand it's heavily multicultural.

Nightlife?

Thinking of going there to study.

How is it finding accommodation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

FakePie wrote: »
    How is it?

How do you find the people, culture etc??

I understand it's heavily multicultural.

Nightlife?

Thinking of going there to study.

How is it finding accommodation?

Great City, Dutch are a bit more closed than the Irish

It is heavily multi cultural, big Turkish Population but Amsterdam has expats from all over the world.

You could party for 3 days without going to bed if you wanted in Amsterdam

Foreign Students don't have the same benefits as local ones, you can't get the DUO Grant or Public Transport pass for example.

Accommodation is expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

is it as hard to find accom there as it is here in ireland?

zweton wrote: »
    is it as hard to find accom there as it is here in ireland?

How long is a piece of string .. Dublin you can find accommodation if you are willing to pay for it.

Same as Amsterdam

but in gereral are things as bad as dublin? whats the best rental site for amsterdam?

but in gereral are things as bad as dublin? whats the best rental site for amsterdam?

You want an NVM Bonded Makelaar (Estate Agent)

All of the listing can be found on:
    https://www.funda.nl/huur/

The quality of accommodation is better but renting unfurnished is more common, furnished accommodation is quite expensive, rule of thumb is if you plan to stay more than a year go for unfurnished.

• Advertisement

any recommendations on nice towns outside amsterdam (within 30 mins) that would be commutable for work in the city? presumably rent would be a bit cheaper too.

any recommendations on nice towns outside amsterdam (within 30 mins) that would be commutable for work in the city? presumably rent would be a bit cheaper too.

Haarlem or Zaandam are nice, although any saving on rent would be wiped out by the Public Transport costs

cheers both seem nice. Would you have a preference? Would be looking to flat share initially if i go over, anything similar to daft for this sort of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

cheers both seem nice. Would you have a preference? Would be looking to flat share initially if i go over, anything similar to daft for this sort of stuff?

https://kamernet.nl/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hello guys,

I flirting with the idea of moving to amsterdam myelf. I'm work in a sprecilised area in finance. How do one go about finding a job? I've applied to quite aa few on linkedln and added my cv to some recruitment agencies but no replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement