Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 recomendation

Options
  • 18-03-2018 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi.

Local firearm dealer has the following 2 rifles for sale. Remington 700 VLSS, and

a Remington 700 XR 100, both with thumb-hole stock. Anyone with any

experience of these, looking for some guidance. Want it for foxes, shooting over

30 years, so its not my first rifle. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Hi,
    I have the XR-100 in .223 and its a super accurate rifle. The down side is it is a single shot i.e. no magazine. This wasn't an issue for me as I started off with a single shot. They can be frustrating for fellas that are used to a magazine for a quick reload. I have had a Rem 700 CDL SF but not the VLSS
    If they're both second hand I would be more concerned about the shot count and general condition as I would think there wouldn't be much difference accuracy wise when new.

smallfry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I don’t think a single shot would make much of a difference. Less messing about with magazines and dropping rounds out of magwells when unloading the rifle to get in and out of the car.

Have the rounds handy on the buttstock with neoprene bullet holder thingy me jig.

Advertisement