If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new TV

Options
  • 19-03-2018 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

So I upgraded to an Xbox One X when they released in November with the idea of getting a 4K TV a few months later to reap the benefits. I'm nearing that time now and starting to do my research on which TV I want to get. 

I guess the first thing I want to point out is the things I want it for which is gaming (obviously, based on the above info :)), Netflix and Sky Go for football and movies. Next up is the size and that would be a 49" or 55" maximum. Price range: I was initially looking at the Samsung MU7000 as a max price guide but now I've done some researching into the Samsung Q6F and Q7F and wondering is it worth waiting an extra month or so and saving up for a better range TV in the long run. How do the Q6F and Q7F compare? Is it worth the extra couple of hundred price difference? The Sony XE9005 was another that caught my eye. 

And finally, I noticed the Samsung NU range is due to come out this year. Is it worth waiting yet again for those? I don't suppose there's prices for those yet? I know I have a lot of questions going on here, but I want to make sure I get a TV I'm really happy with as I'm nerdy about this stuff! :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Moiph wrote: »
    So I upgraded to an Xbox One X when they released in November with the idea of getting a 4K TV a few months later to reap the benefits. I'm nearing that time now and starting to do my research on which TV I want to get. 

I guess the first thing I want to point out is the things I want it for which is gaming (obviously, based on the above info :)), Netflix and Sky Go for football and movies. Next up is the size and that would be a 49" or 55" maximum. Price range: I was initially looking at the Samsung MU7000 as a max price guide but now I've done some researching into the Samsung Q6F and Q7F and wondering is it worth waiting an extra month or so and saving up for a better range TV in the long run. How do the Q6F and Q7F compare? Is it worth the extra couple of hundred price difference? The Sony XE9005 was another that caught my eye. 

And finally, I noticed the Samsung NU range is due to come out this year. Is it worth waiting yet again for those? I don't suppose there's prices for those yet? I know I have a lot of questions going on here, but I want to make sure I get a TV I'm really happy with as I'm nerdy about this stuff! :)
    Hi Moiph,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Out of all of those TVs the Q7 would definitely be the one to go for. They are the closest LED TVs to the OLEDs and while they can't match them for black levels the QLEDs have a much more natural brightness and colour spectrum than the standard MU series.The Q7 is superior to the Q6 in terms of HDR compatibility and also the stability of the image. I do think the difference is worth the jump in price especially as you are getting a much more natural panel with the Q7.

We haven't actually received the info on the NU series or the pricing yet so I can't advise on spec just yet but once we have more specs come through I can certainly advise you better on the new range.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

DAvid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Hi Moiph,

Out of all of those TVs the Q7 would definitely be the one to go for. They are the closest LED TVs to the OLEDs and while they can't match them for black levels the QLEDs have a much more natural brightness and colour spectrum than the standard MU series.The Q7 is superior to the Q6 in terms of HDR compatibility and also the stability of the image. I do think the difference is worth the jump in price especially as you are getting a much more natural panel with the Q7.

We haven't actually received the info on the NU series or the pricing yet so I can't advise on spec just yet but once we have more specs come through I can certainly advise you better on the new range.

Kind regards

DAvid
    No worries about the delay mate! Bank holiday and all :) yeah I was thinking the Q7 would be the way to go. I guess it just means I may have to wait until May instead of April but in the long run a couple of hundred shouldn't be a factor if it's a TV I'm going to have for a good few years. Would you recommend the Q7 over the Sony XE900 as well? I don't suppose you'd know if there's going to be any sales coming up around May with the World Cup in mind for the month after?

Hi Moiph,

Kind regards

DAvid
    No worries about the delay mate! Bank holiday and all :) yeah I was thinking the Q7 would be the way to go. I guess it just means I may have to wait until May instead of April but in the long run a couple of hundred shouldn't be a factor if it's a TV I'm going to have for a good few years. Would you recommend the Q7 over the Sony XE900 as well? I don't suppose you'd know if there's going to be any sales coming up around May with the World Cup in mind for the month after?
    Hi Moiph,

The Sony XE9005 is a great TV as well however it's completely unavailable as it's been replaced by the XF9005 at £1699. However the QLEDs would still be the best transition between the LEDs and OLEDs.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Hi Moiph,

Kind regards

DAvid
    Hi Moiph,

The Sony XE9005 is a great TV as well however it's completely unavailable as it's been replaced by the XF9005 at £1699. However the QLEDs would still be the best transition between the LEDs and OLEDs.

Kind regards

David
    Oh really? It's completely gone off the market already? Wow that was quick! It looks like I'll be leaning heavily towards the Q7 then. That model of TV is due some minor upgrades with Samsung's new line this year as well I think. Is it possible to check if I have the latest model of the Q7 around the time I buy it? Hoping to get it around the start of May anyway. Unless you have any other recommendations based on what I'll be using a TV for listed in the original post? Really appreciate the help!

Hi Moiph,

Kind regards

DAvid
    Hi Moiph,

Kind regards

David
    Oh really? It's completely gone off the market already? Wow that was quick! It looks like I'll be leaning heavily towards the Q7 then. That model of TV is due some minor upgrades with Samsung's new line this year as well I think. Is it possible to check if I have the latest model of the Q7 around the time I buy it? Hoping to get it around the start of May anyway. Unless you have any other recommendations based on what I'll be using a TV for listed in the original post? Really appreciate the help!
    Hi Moiph,

We can check the models in the warehouse to see which serial numbers are the most up to date so if you let me know when you're ready to go I will check that for you!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.