Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dishwasher not working didnt register

Options
  • 19-03-2018 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Hi

Bought a powerpoint dishwasher in September 2017 in Powercity. It is not working and has been showing an error. My husband got it working and then it stopped again. Have the receipt. Only problem is I was just on their website and its saying 2 years warranty subject to registration. I didnt register as far as I know. We were in the middle of having work done and a lot of documents missing in the move. I have mailed their after sales team with invoice number. Just wondering have I any chance of them repairing or replacing without having registered even though I have the receipt and proof of purchase. Paid by credit card and have it on record.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Registration is irrelevant in most circumstances. Proof of purchase for a device that young should always be enough for the retailer to deal with it.

Registration is only ever for an optionally offered warranty by the manufacturer or distributor - that does not override consumer rights in Irish law, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

When you buy off Power City,they enter your details on their system,so they will have a record of the transaction.
    I've always just called in to the shop with any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Registration is a marketing gimmck to capture your details so that they can send you info on other products. All items sould last a reasonable time without defect. For a dishwasher 2-5 years depending on useage

Have a check in the manual and see if there's specific reason for this error - as on faults due to manufacturer defect are covered under sale of goods act.

Example - if you are in a hard water area and limescale build up has caused a blockage, this would not be covered, but easily treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Registration is a marketing gimmck to capture your details so that they can send you info on other products.
    Slightly less cynically, it also allows them to contact you in the event of a recall, such as those for tumble dryers which may go on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact Power City as that is where you purchased it. Make sure to have proof of purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Suggest in future to buy a well known brand like whirlpool, hotpoint, Bosch etc. Stay away from the PowerPoint, Nordmende budget brands. Though I know someone with a Swan dishwasher and washing machine that are lasting years. 4 years in fact. Both cost less than €500.

Advertisement