Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of new road

Options
  • 19-03-2018 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a rough cost of building a 300 meter Road to a possible site. Just a rough road for now, stones and bit of gravel. Digging cost could be cut a bit because I have access to a digger.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,587 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have just got a price for same length, similar standard road at 10k but it is a very difficult site and includes cost of drainage pipes, and considerable clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

More or less a straight run here. Road would run along a drain that's there and would have to cross an other so piping would be needed for that bit. Not much though. Not sure what ground work is need for a road. Land is fairly flat. Slight decline down to flat. Just scrape the surface?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,587 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I honestly have not a great deal of knowledge myself, apart from what I have gleaned from the engineer who is sorting it for me. I gather they will dig out then fill the area with rough stone (it has a number but I can't recall what) then top it with finer stuff which fortunately is on site. Mine is not at all straight or level or simple so I guess if you were looking at half the labour though I suppose the infill be the same amount. Hard to tell. Forestry allow €40 per linear meter for forest road, if that is a guide for you.

Advertisement