Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company that handles Argos home delivery

Options
  • 19-03-2018 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Need to find name of the company that handle Argos home delivery in greater Dublin area (Bray). Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

SandieS wrote: »
    Need to find name of the company that handle Argos home delivery in greater Dublin area (Bray). Can anyone help please?

There's a coincidence, I just need to find them! Failed to deliver last week and not a word since - almost €800 worth of an order.

I would bu curious to find them also

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

I’ve had delivery’s from argos always came in an Argos/homebase truck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why don't you just contact Argos? They must be responsible for their deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SandieS

There's a coincidence, I just need to find them! Failed to deliver last week and not a word since - almost €800 worth of an order.

I would bu curious to find them also

They we’re supposed to deliver a bed last Thursday and never turned up and they never contacted me. Every time I rang Argos they moved my time slot for delivery that day. Should have been 7.30-9.30am and then 3.15-4.15. Later that day they even told me I was order 42 of 57 being delivered that day and that it could be up to 10pm but they would definitely be here. Again no call to say they weren’t coming. Their conflict resolution depart say that they have left messages for their depot to contact me urgently (since Friday) but they still haven’t. Argos can’t tell me where my order even is!! Apparently they can only leave messages with their transport department, who in turn contact the delivery depot/department. Going around in circles here. It looks like the Irish contractors are to blame as it’s them who were supposed to contact me...and of course they don’t want to/can’t tell me how to contact their depot myself. Good luck with your delivery. If I find anything, I’ll let you know. Btw where are you based? I’m in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SandieS

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why don't you just contact Argos? They must be responsible for their deliveries?

Just contact Argos....Have rung then 17 times and googled it. Hence asking for any info people might have.

• Advertisement

They we’re supposed to deliver a bed last Thursday and never turned up and they never contacted me. Every time I rang Argos they moved my time slot for delivery that day. Should have been 7.30-9.30am and then 3.15-4.15. Later that day they even told me I was order 42 of 57 being delivered that day and that it could be up to 10pm but they would definitely be here. Again no call to say they weren’t coming. Their conflict resolution depart say that they have left messages for their depot to contact me urgently (since Friday) but they still haven’t. Argos can’t tell me where my order even is!! Apparently they can only leave messages with their transport department, who in turn contact the delivery depot/department. Going around in circles here. It looks like the Irish contractors are to blame as it’s them who were supposed to contact me...and of course they don’t want to/can’t tell me how to contact their depot myself. Good luck with your delivery. If I find anything, I’ll let you know. Btw where are you based? I’m in Bray.

I could nearly copy and paste what you just wrote Sandie. Large delivery due last Thursday (to Bray also) and no show and no explanation etc. Likewise, I got the runaround when I rang them (several times).

Decided to cancel it this morning but I was told it was too late to do so. Told them that I would not accept the delivery so it was up to them how they did it. They cancelled. Scandalous way to treat people. Perhaps they've changed who they use for their deliveries because they used to be very reliable.

ps - sorry for hijacking your post

Don't know why I didn't recall this earlier but one time last Friday when I rang them I was put through to their 'Eire' desk. It was answered by a somewhat confused DHL employee. That may be the answer you were looking for

Advertisement