Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network unlock code not working

Options
  • 19-03-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

hi, the unlock code is not working, says Says SIm Network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

Network unlock request unsuccessful

how can i get my phone unlocked now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have a read of this thread to see if it's the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Have a read of this thread to see if it's the same issue.

similar, exact message but not the new sim puk. so stupid, eir network lock on a phone you pay full price for & they cant help without sending the phone for 'repair' taking 10 days. for something they add in to stop you using yoir phone on any other network than theirs.

(ps they gave me the network unlock code but surprise surprise it doesn't work)

tks for suggestion though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

sector wrote: »
    hi, the unlock code is not working, says Says SIm Network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

Hi there sector

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your code.  Just to confirm, did you request a Network Unlock Code (so you can use it on a different network) from us and this is the code you entered which is not working?

A normal SIM code or PUK can be retrieved via your "My eir" account but this is just to get your phone unlocked if you locked it by accident and can't remember the PIN or PUK.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    sector wrote: »

Hi there sector

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your code.  Just to confirm, did you request a Network Unlock Code (so you can use it on a different network) from us and this is the code you entered which is not working?

A normal SIM code or PUK can be retrieved via your "My eir" account but this is just to get your phone unlocked if you locked it by accident and can't remember the PIN or PUK.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Yes got the code from customer service. Eventually I was sent to the shop, the shop said I shouldn't of been sent there as they have clue how to unlock handsets. Offered to send it for repair but that was a 10 day process. I have read online it should be a simple process of unlocking by adding a foreign SIM then entering the NUK. Just in my case it didn't work as prescribed & I have to be without my phone for 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi sector,

Apologies for the inconveinience.

Can you PM with your mobile and PIN, the make and model of the handset you wish to unlock and the unlock code that you received and I will investigate this further with the relevant department.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi sector,

Apologies for the inconveinience.

Can you PM with your mobile and PIN, the make and model of the handset you wish to unlock and the unlock code that you received and I will investigate this further with the relevant department.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Thank you, PM Sent. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Thanks Sector,

I will do my very best to get this resolved for you.

Sarah

Advertisement