Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhebogue area to live in?

• 19-03-2018 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am interested in a property at Rhebogue, but some of my mates told me to avoid the area as many theft and damage to the property and cars were made. People saying Castletroy is more safer.

Could anyone highlight the safety at Rhebogue? Any issues there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What specific area or estate in Rhebogue? Generally speaking, it would be considered a fine area in which to live. There has been a large amount of housing developments built over the last twenty years or so. It's situation makes it an attractive area for buyers being within walking distance of the city centre and UL/Plassey as well as major shopping centres.
    As regards anti-social activity - I have not heard of any major problems or issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ok grand. Was looking for Drominbeg and surrounding areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Drominbeg and Dromroe both nice. Most parts of Limerick City and suburbs have, over the years, experienced instances of anti social and criminal activity (burglaries in particular) but in an overall context the level of crime is low.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There’s a plan for social housing in some estates in that area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I'm not from Limerick and I'm not trying to justify any anti social behavior, but this negativity and scare mongering has to stop...
    Normal vigilance and common sense is all you need to feel happy and secure in any neighbourhood in the WHOLE of Ireland.. If that doesn't work!? Then government bodies and Gardaí have a lot to answer for!?..
    Be safe, Be happy and be free :)

• Advertisement

I'm not from Limerick and I'm not trying to justify any anti social behavior, but this negativity and scare mongering has to stop...
    Normal vigilance and common sense is all you need to feel happy and secure in any neighbourhood in the WHOLE of Ireland.. If that doesn't work!? Then government bodies and Gardaí have a lot to answer for!?..
    Be safe, Be happy and be free :)

Your right but in Limerick a small distance seems to make a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Normal vigilance and common sense is all you need to feel happy and secure in any neighbourhood in the WHOLE of Ireland..
    Ignore this crap. You're dropping serious cash to live somewhere; it's best to know what areas are good or bad first.

Limerick is a mine field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

the_syco wrote: »
    Ignore this crap. You're dropping serious cash to live somewhere; it's best to know what areas are good or bad first.

So it's true then, it's just hard to believe all the negative stuff being said about limerick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Rhebogue is right beside what is probably one of the most beautiful natural leisure amenities in the country (Park Canal to Plassey river path). It's got a GAA and a Rugby Club also, and it's not too far from the city centre, while also is within easy walking or cycling distance from the university and Castletroy. So, it really has a lot going for it. The housing estates and the houses aren't particularly well designed however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for the feedback everyone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd say it's a mixed area. Isn't there a halting site nearby?

Advertisement